Ryan Christie

Guest RosemountRed

Also Comons is at Hibs isn't he. And GMS isn't going on loan they said.

Definite pish.

Commons is on loan at Hibs until June and doubt they'd release GMS after already loaning out Christie and Allan.

Commons is on loan at Hibs until June and doubt they'd release GMS after already loaning out Christie and Allan.

Commons isn't on loan at Hibs. He was an emergency loan, he's now back at Celtic.

As someone said above though, unless you play in different divisions you can't loan more than one player from the same club so would have to be a permanent signing.

Would love us to sign Scott Allan though, especially if McGinn or Hayes leave.

What we should have done, and what we need to start doing with our loanees, is signing them for a minimum of 18 months. That's what Celtic demanded from Man City with Patrick Roberts.

Danny Ward, Michael Hector and now James Maddison, guys that were integral to the team and then were away after a few months, unsettling the side.

I get that some clubs will be reluctant to loan a player for that length of time, but really what use is it getting Maddison from Sep-Dec? This waiting around to see if Norwich will give him back or not, and the nonsense with Ward last season, is bullshit.

• Upvote 2

Liverpool did play Ward after they recalled him though.

I suspect Maddison will play for Norwich.

It's painful, but I'd rather have quality players for 6 months than utter dross for 12 months...

They played him twice. He played more times for Wales last year than Liverpool.

If we hadn't signed Ward, chances are we'd have went to the effort of signing someone else. We wouldn't have started the season with Brown. Like this season we signed Lewis. Now imagine he was only on loan and his parent club decided to recall him and we were waiting to hear if he was coming back or not.

I don't like loan signings at all really, but if we are then sign them for longer than we are at present.

What we should have done, and what we need to start doing with our loanees, is signing them for a minimum of 18 months. That's what Celtic demanded from Man City with Patrick Roberts.

Danny Ward, Michael Hector and now James Maddison, guys that were integral to the team and then were away after a few months, unsettling the side.

I get that some clubs will be reluctant to loan a player for that length of time, but really what use is it getting Maddison from Sep-Dec? This waiting around to see if Norwich will give him back or not, and the nonsense with Ward last season, is bullshit.

Great point well made

He won us points on his own a number of times and gave us one of the best moments of the season. We got plenty out of Maddison.

• Upvote 2

Commons isn't on loan at Hibs. He was an emergency loan, he's now back at Celtic.

As someone said above though, unless you play in different divisions you can't loan more than one player from the same club so would have to be a permanent signing.

Would love us to sign Scott Allan though, especially if McGinn or Hayes leave.

Love us to sign Scott Allan based on what exactly one decent season in the championship?

Guest RosemountRed

Out of Commons,Allan,GMS and Christie I think we have the best one.

GMS wasn't even starting for United and Commons looks absolutely finished.

I hate loans full stop, think they are a waste of time unless its in an emergency like a goalkeeper or that..I understand that sometimes its a need to loan a player as cant afford to buy but surely there is players out there that can be signed..

He comes plays a few games off bench more than likely...Then away back to the Tims with better fitness and ready to go etc..

Love us to sign Scott Allan based on what exactly one decent season in the championship?

John McGinn is also a championship player but most people can see he is a very good player.

For me, Scott Allan was a better player than McGinn when he was at Hibs.

Made a huge mistake going to Celtic (which we could all see was going to happen to be fair). Him not getting a game there and falling out of favour is hardly anything new - our latest loan signing is in the exact same boat.

Ryan Christie today insisted Aberdeen are the only other Scottish club he would join on loan.

The midfielder has moved from the runaway Premiership leaders to the club he considers to be Celtic’s main rivals until the end of the season.

And the 21-year-old playmaker is determined to make an impact at Pittodrie to underline Aberdeen are Scotland’s second force and help them win the race for runners-up in the Premiership.

Christie today trained with the Dons for the first time and is in contention to make his debut in Friday’s league clash against Dundee at Pittodrie.

Victory for Aberdeen would leapfrog Derek McInnes’ Reds over Rangers into second spot in the table.

That is the position he reckons Aberdeen should have as he views the Reds as Scotland’s second force.

Christie said: “Aberdeen are the second biggest team in Scotland right now.

“In terms of the other clubs in Scotland, Aberdeen is probably the only one I would join.

“Over the last few years the improvement they have made as a club has been incredible.

“Aberdeen are a club on the up and you can see that with the squad of players they have together now.

“When deciding to come to Aberdeen there were a lot of positives.

“I am delighted to join such a squad of players.”

Christie is the first arrival at Pittodrie during the January transfer window although more additions are expected this month.

The Dons are closing in on securing Preston North End striker Stevie May, 24, on loan until the end of the season.

A £500,000 signing from Inverness Caley Thistle in 2015, Christie has started just five games this season.

Only last week the play-maker indicated he would rebuff any loan move to concentrate on forcing his way into Celtic’s starting line-up.

However, a conversation with Pittodrie boss McInnes convinced him to move to Pittodrie until the summer.

Christie said: “I had spoken to the Aberdeen manager quite a few times on the phone.

“I really enjoyed speaking to him, just to get his view on how the move will go.

“He has been brilliant with me and reassured me on a few things.”

Christie is contracted at Parkhead until summer 2019 and has a bright future at the runaway league leaders.

And he is determined to make the most of his half season at Pittodrie by racking up regular starts.

He said: “As soon I was given the all-clear I could not wait to get up here.

“I am very happy to be at Aberdeen.

“One of the main factors of the loan is to get more game time and hopefully I can get that here.

“Things can happen very quickly in football, particularly during the window, and to get everything done so quickly was great.”

January can often be a difficult window for players as there is no “pre-season” to adjust or settle down with new team-mates and settings.

It is straight into the cut and thrust of action and Christie is set to make his debut against Dundee on Friday.

However, he will not have to look far for friendly, familiar faces in the Pittodrie squad to help him quickly settle.

Christie was a Scottish Cup winner with Inverness Caley Thistle along with Graeme Shinnie in 2015, his captain at the time.

He was also a youth player at the Highlanders when Jonny Hayes and Adam Rooney were at the club.

He said: “I have played with quite a few of the boys before as we were at Inverness together.

“I played with Graeme for a good season or two and Jonny and Adam were there when I was coming through the youth set-up at Inverness.

“It will be good to see them.

“There are a few boys I know as well from the Scotland set-up.

“It can only be another positive that I knew so many of the players and it will help me settle in quickly.”

Aberdeen will be Christie’s second loan move. Having joined Celtic in September 2015 on a four-year deal he was immediately put back to Inverness on loan for the season.

He is a former Scottish Football Writers’ Youth Player of the Year winner, claiming the accolade for the 2014-15 campaign.

Christie is set to make his Pittodrie bow on Friday for the Premiership clash against the Densmen.

He insisted the atmosphere at the ground and the large travelling Red Army were other factors in his joining Aberdeen until the end of the campaign.

Christie said: “From an outsider’s view everyone looks at Pittodrie and sees there is a real atmosphere at every single game.

“Aberdeen also have a great travelling support as well so on that side of things it is a brilliant club.”

Ryan Christie today insisted Aberdeen are the only other Scottish club he would join on loan.

The midfielder has moved from the runaway Premiership leaders to the club he considers to be Celtic’s main rivals until the end of the season.

And the 21-year-old playmaker is determined to make an impact at Pittodrie to underline Aberdeen are Scotland’s second force and help them win the race for runners-up in the Premiership.

Christie today trained with the Dons for the first time and is in contention to make his debut in Friday’s league clash against Dundee at Pittodrie.

Victory for Aberdeen would leapfrog Derek McInnes’ Reds over Rangers into second spot in the table.

That is the position he reckons Aberdeen should have as he views the Reds as Scotland’s second force.

Christie said: “Aberdeen are the second biggest team in Scotland right now.

“In terms of the other clubs in Scotland, Aberdeen is probably the only one I would join.

“Over the last few years the improvement they have made as a club has been incredible.

“Aberdeen are a club on the up and you can see that with the squad of players they have together now.

“When deciding to come to Aberdeen there were a lot of positives.

“I am delighted to join such a squad of players.”

Christie is the first arrival at Pittodrie during the January transfer window although more additions are expected this month.

The Dons are closing in on securing Preston North End striker Stevie May, 24, on loan until the end of the season.

A £500,000 signing from Inverness Caley Thistle in 2015, Christie has started just five games this season.

Only last week the play-maker indicated he would rebuff any loan move to concentrate on forcing his way into Celtic’s starting line-up.

However, a conversation with Pittodrie boss McInnes convinced him to move to Pittodrie until the summer.

Christie said: “I had spoken to the Aberdeen manager quite a few times on the phone.

“I really enjoyed speaking to him, just to get his view on how the move will go.

“He has been brilliant with me and reassured me on a few things.”

Christie is contracted at Parkhead until summer 2019 and has a bright future at the runaway league leaders.

And he is determined to make the most of his half season at Pittodrie by racking up regular starts.

He said: “As soon I was given the all-clear I could not wait to get up here.

“I am very happy to be at Aberdeen.

“One of the main factors of the loan is to get more game time and hopefully I can get that here.

“Things can happen very quickly in football, particularly during the window, and to get everything done so quickly was great.”

January can often be a difficult window for players as there is no “pre-season” to adjust or settle down with new team-mates and settings.

It is straight into the cut and thrust of action and Christie is set to make his debut against Dundee on Friday.

However, he will not have to look far for friendly, familiar faces in the Pittodrie squad to help him quickly settle.

Christie was a Scottish Cup winner with Inverness Caley Thistle along with Graeme Shinnie in 2015, his captain at the time.

He was also a youth player at the Highlanders when Jonny Hayes and Adam Rooney were at the club.

He said: “I have played with quite a few of the boys before as we were at Inverness together.

“I played with Graeme for a good season or two and Jonny and Adam were there when I was coming through the youth set-up at Inverness.

“It will be good to see them.

“There are a few boys I know as well from the Scotland set-up.

“It can only be another positive that I knew so many of the players and it will help me settle in quickly.”

Aberdeen will be Christie’s second loan move. Having joined Celtic in September 2015 on a four-year deal he was immediately put back to Inverness on loan for the season.

He is a former Scottish Football Writers’ Youth Player of the Year winner, claiming the accolade for the 2014-15 campaign.

Christie is set to make his Pittodrie bow on Friday for the Premiership clash against the Densmen.

He insisted the atmosphere at the ground and the large travelling Red Army were other factors in his joining Aberdeen until the end of the campaign.

Christie said: “From an outsider’s view everyone looks at Pittodrie and sees there is a real atmosphere at every single game.

“Aberdeen also have a great travelling support as well so on that side of things it is a brilliant club.”

So just to be clear he might play in the Friday night clash for the second best team in the country at the moment against the Densmen from Dundee on Friday night!

I'm going to put my neck on the line here - Christie will be an improvement on Maddison. Stronger on the ball, good imagination on the ball, will benefit from Barry Robson's coaching, will score more goals.

Loved Maddison but the last few games he was just being kicked constantly.

Not sure about the Barry Robson coaching but I agree that he'll be an improvement on Maddison. Looking forward to seeing him in action. I assume he's had a fitness test as that's my initial concern.

Guest RosemountRed

Not sure about the Barry Robson coaching but I agree that he'll be an improvement on Maddison. Looking forward to seeing him in action. I assume he's had a fitness test as that's my initial concern.

I think he might start on Friday, just a sneaking suspicion. Nothing more, nothing less.

Interesting point that I hadn't considered. Bearing in mind we have a winning team just now (fragile in my opinion but winning) and that Christie is widely tipped as the replacement for Maddision who latterly was only sub I hope to fuck we haven't guaranteed him/Celtic 1st team game time/starts etc. Fine if he's good enough, and I personally think he is, but I wouldn't like to see us disrupted just to improve the wee feck's cv. And if he comes onto a real game it'll give Strachan a real headache.

On his comments on the Aberdeen atmosphere - bear in mind he's spent his entire footballing life (bar a water carrier at CL games) at pissin Inverness. I'm surprised he even knows what an atmosphere is.

I think this is a bit fanciful.

Man City have a huge squad and simply can't use all the players so for them to loan a player out for 18 months is fine.

Most of the clubs we are dealing with are not in that situation at all and shorter loans suit them,

Additionally, Afc don't even have a dedicated training facility, why on earth would any half decent club or half decent player want to spend 18 months developing at Afc right now?

Pie in the sky stuff I think.

One thing that is very apparent is that McInnes is a major part of attracting players to the club.

Also echoing the comments Flood made on Radio Shortbread last night.

Much as I am frustrated and critical with McInnes tactical approach and use of the squad - it has to be said he manages the club very well overall and really has players keen to stay and/or join us.

Its a lot harder for us to persuade the likes of Liverpool to give us a player to help develop for 18 months when most of their games will be against teams the quality of Dundee and ICT than it is for Celtic when they have the chance of 8-10 European games (including qualifiers) and some of those against the likes of Barca.