Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Not one political commentator would agree with that. You just say that because you don't agree with him. 

He is supposed to be a pro-indy politician in Westminster, but spends his time scoring cheap points on irrelevances like Gaza or whether or not Tory party donors are racist etc.  Its just a waste of parliamentary time designed to impress simple folk.

He is a marginally more acceptable version of windbag manky mhairi black.

I hear its not too outlandish to think that his seat may be under threat at the election.

There are / were plenty of SNP politicians whom I do not have animus for, eg Joanna Cherry, Fergus Ewing, Kate Forbes, John Mason etc and the old guard of Sillars / MacAskill etc.

Would never agree with them on independence, but recognise that they are principled and/or accomplished people.

Edit - the Sturgeon era seemed to herald a transition away from a party of principled / accomplished people to a party of corrupt grifters and nonces.

• Dildo 2
1 minute ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

He is supposed to be a pro-indy politician in Westminster, but spends his time scoring cheap points on irrelevances like Gaza or whether or not Tory party donors are racist etc.  Its just a waste of parliamentary time designed to impress simple folk.

He is a marginally more acceptable version of windbag manky mhairi black.

I hear its not too outlandish to think that his seat may be under threat at the election.

There are / were plenty of SNP politicians whom I do not have animus for, eg Joanna Cherry, Fergus Ewing, Kate Forbes, John Mason etc and the old guard of Sillars / MacAskill etc.

Would never agree with them on independence, but recognise that they are principled and/or accomplished people.

Huge balls up by the SNP voting in Humza as leader as opposed to Kate. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Huge balls up by the SNP voting in Humza as leader as opposed to Kate. 

Absolutely agree with that.

The corrupt & talentless establishment which controls the modern SNP is where all its problems spring from.

Rather than see someone like Forbes as an asset with broad appeal, they fear and despise her lest she take their place at the trough.

Forbes is representative of the old Salmond SNP, Humza of the modern Sturgeon party.

Humza is charismatic, smooth and affable, but has no political vision, nor any skills or experience worth mentioning.  He is a divisive figure, often irresponsible in speech and has thoroughly cheapened concepts of racism and islamophobia.

I think its possible the SNP could split along the lines mentioned.

3 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

You don't think the guy was serious who joked that Dianne Abbott should be shot, do you?

(I mean, a beating would be more than adequate.)

Then why say it, especially in a political environment that you know your comments will be picked apart by the opposition?

When you clear your head, it's pretty obvious what needs to happen with Scotland and that's independence and to join the E.U. and I hate those cunts that run the E.U. but it's pragmatic. Relate to the E.U. the way that Norway does. Independence is pragmatic. It's not entirely a matter of politics, it's ancient national identity and fuck me, I know it doesn't have the meaning that it once did, but it is indeed about FREEDOM

We need to become and independent nation that has a Charter, a Constitution,                                    a proper "fuck wi' us and we'll go fuckin' mental" document.

The alternative is to become a nation of obese diabetic gay cunts on smack beholden to kid-rapists in London until the sun explodes.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Was Flynn and only Flynn that called out the fact that the Tory doner hadn’t apologised about the comments to dianne Abbott at question time on Wednesday at the House of Lords, pulled up the fact that he had only apologised for being rude, made labour and Tory look like idiots, pleasing, excellent politician.

13 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Then why say it, especially in a political environment that you know your comments will be picked apart by the opposition?

The guy isn't a politician, he is alleged to have made the remarks at a meeting at his own firm.  It seems like a private joke which some clipe has seized on.

The comments occurred 5 years ago (according to BBC) which does show the rather contrived nature of the story.

Abbot owes her entire political career to being black - certainly its not down to political talent - and being embroiled in regular racism scandals is the oxygen which keeps her career going.

Ironically, Abbot herself is currently suspended from the Labour party after trivialising racism faced by Irish, Jews and gypsys.  She was clearly threatened by others enroaching onto her turf of being a victim of racism. 

This again (for me) shows how hollow the fuss is, as well as how stupid Abbot is - pontificating about racism while being suspended due to racism.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Who to vote for. I genuinely don't know this time. I hate to do it as I usually cherish my vote but I think I'll have to soil my ballot paper this time. Although how does one actually go about doing that.

Stick it down your pants for a bit or take a vial of urine or faeces with you into the booth?

2 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

Who to vote for. I genuinely don't know this time. I hate to do it as I usually cherish my vote but I think I'll have to soil my ballot paper this time. Although how does one actually go about doing that.

Stick it down your pants for a bit or take a vial of urine or faeces with you into the booth?

Apply for a postal vote and you can do all this 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

if you want your spoiled vote to be counted as such instead of merely ignored, you have to do it properly

https://votingcounts.org.uk/spoilt-ballot

No one of worth goes into politics now. Men of worth, drive, verve, go into big business now. Being in politics just means you get scrutinised to the hilt 24/7 all your days. And it's such a boring, mind-numbing business to sit in Holyrood and be asked narky questions and listen to dreary cunts spout their shit ideas.

I see Humza has weighed in on the Dianne Abbot affair.  He says it shows the UK is "institutionally racist".

Currently, the Prime Minister of the UK, the First Minister of Scotland, the First Minister of Wales and the Mayor of London  are all from a minority ethnic background.  As is the Labour Leader in Scotland, who will likely be the next First Minister.

But, Humza thinks the UK is "institutionally racist".

A good indicator of how cheap talk of "racism" has become in todays world.

• Upvote 3