Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

6 hours ago, Edwin Starr said:

You as a unionist hasn't answered my question nor any other like minded .

what energy do we get from that government over the border and what do they get from us.?

Not a Unionist, a realist.

The incumbent government doesn’t have the skills, the wherewithal nor the desire to present a suitable case for independence. They don’t even hide it these days.

19 minutes ago, CraigHill said:

Not a Unionist, a realist.

The incumbent government doesn’t have the skills, the wherewithal nor the desire to present a suitable case for independence. They don’t even hide it these days.

A take it you never got your hole tonight?, there’s always tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I said as far back as 2016 the SNP would never deliver independence. Oh how I was derided, especially from bandwagon jumpers who only joined after Krankie MacMerkel took over. Well, they're not so smug now... Though a sizeable number still regurgitate the same pish from Yousless and co. about how independence is "just around the corner". 

I'm not a gambling man, but I'll bet with anyone that a United Ireland happens before an independent Scotland. For me, the only question mark is what excuse the SNP pension grifters and careerist chancers like Wishart, McDonald, Robertson  et al will foist upon the dwindling faithful. 

'Krankie MacMerkel'

'Yousless'

How very witty. I assume you're a grown man and thinking that's funny?

Grow up. What a fucking loser.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/apr/07/police-spammed-with-complaints-by-neo-nazis-under-new-scottish-hate-law

Absolutely no surprise at all that these 'complaints' are a co-ordinated attempt by far-right groups to overwhelm Police Scotland. 

I wonder at what point the surface will be scratched and we'll find out that the Tories are involved somewhere. 

This is the kind of scum that the likes of JK Rowling is aligning herself with.

13 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2024/apr/07/police-spammed-with-complaints-by-neo-nazis-under-new-scottish-hate-law

Absolutely no surprise at all that these 'complaints' are a co-ordinated attempt by far-right groups to overwhelm Police Scotland. 

I wonder at what point the surface will be scratched and we'll find out that the Tories are involved somewhere. 

She's not alinging herself with them. You can disagree with this new law without being "far right"

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Wrong thread again, dimwit.

Your "Uni" must've been a former polytechnic and full of absolute morons. 

Now I may be a "Dimwit" as you claim, but how can replying to a post in this thread be deemed to be in the wrong thread?

Any excuse Parky eh, no wonder top posters like Mooby and Hans have left this forum after being bullied out by the likes of you.

31 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

JK is a ledge that noises up the lady boys.

14 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

A surprise to "all" - perhaps a handy one to those who are looking to defend the new flawed legislation.

As for the complaints being a far right cabal, utter pish trying to detract from the shit show this law has been.

Still doesnt make any sense. 

Youve misunderstood his use of the word all.

You on psychedelics just now? Recent head knock?

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

A surprise to "all" - perhaps a handy one to those who are looking to defend the new flawed legislation.

As for the complaints being a far right cabal, utter pish trying to detract from the shit show this law has been.

That's not what I said. 

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

She's not alinging herself with them. You can disagree with this new law without being "far right"

You can indeed. 

But Rowling is coming across as a demented extremist who simply hates trans-people. Her comments have gone far beyond 'disagreeing' with the new law.

And as such, she's pretty much in step with these far right nutters. 

1 hour ago, Simply Red said:

Still doesnt make any sense. 

Youve misunderstood his use of the word all.

You on psychedelics just now? Recent head knock?

I feel like I must be. 

Surely even dual degree dipshit understands the word “all” doesn’t have just one exact meaning.

1 minute ago, Schapenneuker said:

You can indeed. 

But Rowling is coming across as a demented extremist who simply hates trans-people. Her comments have gone far beyond 'disagreeing' with the new law.

Are you trans Schapenneuker?

1 minute ago, Schapenneuker said:

You can indeed. 

By not wanting Lia Thomas dickslapping lassies on the forehead after thrashing them in the 100meters breaststroke?

3 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

You can indeed. 

I wouldn't know, I actively avoid trans news. 

I seriously doubt she hates trans people though, or that she's a far right extremist. She'll be against all the nonsense like the guy that got sent to the woman's jail or the men that play women's sports etc. 

You can think all that stuff is nonsense without "hating trans people"

For the record I think they are mentally ill and should be treated accordingly.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

I've been nice with you so far, while you make a fool out of yourself. 

But it's better you shut up now, people are laughing at you. 

Hey buddy, I've had far better posters than you successfully take the piss out of me, yer nae fit to lick their boots.

17 hours ago, Simply Red said:

Independent Scotland would have a predominantly Labour government. The snp would quickly become an irrelevance like the lib dems. 

You’d like to think the prospect of financing and running services for 5 million people would be a lot simpler than the current 70 million population cluster fuck from hell. 

You make very good points there, but I think there would be a realignment in general, with a key development being a re-emergence of the centre-right. That ground is toxic in Scotland in recent decades, due to its dominance by an out of touch (with all but the SE bubble) Tory Party, but I think a Scottish-centric centre-right party would see a real resurgence, which can only be good for democracy in general. If anything, I think it's the cosy centre-left between the mainstream parties that holds the country back, as there's less to distinguish them from one another, save the constitutional question.

5 hours ago, Don Fonte said:

'Krankie MacMerkel'

'Yousless'

How very witty. I assume you're a grown man and thinking that's funny?

Grow up. What a fucking loser.

Funny? No, but given the damage politicians (of all colours) do to society, they deserve to be mocked. You can call me a loser all you like (you know nothing about me whatsoever) but when you have posters on here brag about shagging dodgy loose women and/or getting so drunk they piss/shit themselves in public, your "loser" analogy becomes subjective. Besides, you detract from my points made, which are the SNP post-2014 have been nothing short of a disaster - and their biggest critics are often independence supporters.

2 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I've no love for Rowling (I often asked rhetorically if she'd have been so enthusiastic to support the "Better Together" campaign a decade ago, if she was still that struggling single mum?) but this law is an insidious and sinister piece of garbage. Hopefully it will soon be consigned to the dustbin of history alongside other authoritarian nonsense, where it belongs.