Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

44 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Is Jesus/God happy with this snippy bitching behaviour of yours? 
I’d like to think the OG would be quite tolerant of the trans community given his similar stance towards maligned groups of the day. 

Nah he’d think they were complete fruitcakes like most folk do

9 hours ago, Zeus said:

Bin off all green nonsense 

Appoint Ash Regan from alba 

Win independence

That's my uneducated input. 

Only pro independence candidate that publicly supports the black gold 👌👌

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, NEM said:

Nah he’d think they were complete fruitcakes like most folk do

It’s the ugly, masculine looking women I feel sorry for. Must be terrible that everyone thinks you’re a bloke nowadays.

22 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

AUOB marched in Glasgow today.  Crowd estimates:

AUOB: 5,000

Police: "hundreds"

They had even made it a joint march with  people angry about gaza, obviously neither group feels it can draw the numbers on its own.  

Well it’s either that or logically they thought the more the better 🤪

9 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

They had even made it a joint march with  people angry about gaza, obviously neither group feels it can draw the numbers on its own.  

Remember though, "independence feels frustratingly close".

Personally, it feels like it's not even being discussed anymore. There has been more focus on topics nowhere near the top of the list for your average voter, namely LGBTQ and the failed return deposit scheme, that I cannot think of any independent focused rhetoric coming from the SNP of late.

As someone who believes Scotland should be an independent country, it's frustrating to witness the standard of politicians (throughout Parliament) at present and one thing is for sure, independence feels as far as way as it has been for decades.

12 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Remember though, "independence feels frustratingly close".

Personally, it feels like it's not even being discussed anymore. There has been more focus on topics nowhere near the top of the list for your average voter, namely LGBTQ and the failed return deposit scheme, that I cannot think of any independent focused rhetoric coming from the SNP of late.

As someone who believes Scotland should be an independent country, it's frustrating to witness the standard of politicians (throughout Parliament) at present and one thing is for sure, independence feels as far as way as it has been for decades.

It’s because all politics has become about individual people! No party leads the conversation. Look at last 4/5 FMQs all Toss from the Tories talks about is individual people not things that we need discussed. Same as PMQs! And they don’t have talk all country down. We actually just need a “Positive Party” to lead us. Towards independence 

On 5/4/2024 at 11:31 PM, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Battered his bird again or just wandering about the street pished in his dressing gown? 

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Forbes new Deputy in Town 

Despite losing the FM battle last year, she is the only one left standing now. Deputy FM, guess that was the price of her not standing for FM this time around.

Good on Swinney taking her into the cabinet though, what is it they say, keep your friends close but your enemies closer?

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Despite losing the FM battle last year, she is the only one left standing now. Deputy FM, guess that was the price of her not standing for FM this time around.

Good on Swinney taking her into the cabinet though, what is it they say, keep your friends close but your enemies closer?

Yep rather her in the tent pissing  out

Interesting that Swinney attacked a Tory for the way he posed his question but didn’t say anything to Harvie about the personal attacks on Kate. Shows he knows he still needs the green pact. 

ps I’m no Tory it’s not a defence of the poor wee soul 

Swinney is just a continuity candidate, who will oversee a controlled demolition of the SNP majority in the UK GE and 2016 elections. Then he'll sod off into the sunset with a golden handshake.

You can forget about independence for the foreseeable, but I wonder if letting a unionist majority back in (both in the Scottish WM contingent and Holyrood) is what it needs, to not only focus minds among the independence support, but to remind the unconvinced and the apathetic just how little the 3 main Unionist parties give a damn about Scotland. 

I think Holyrood 2031 will be the decider for the independence movement.

33 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Swinney is just a continuity candidate, who will oversee a controlled demolition of the SNP majority in the UK GE and 2016 elections. Then he'll sod off into the sunset with a golden handshake.

You can forget about independence for the foreseeable, but I wonder if letting a unionist majority back in (both in the Scottish WM contingent and Holyrood) is what it needs, to not only focus minds among the independence support, but to remind the unconvinced and the apathetic just how little the 3 main Unionist parties give a damn about Scotland. 

I think Holyrood 2031 will be the decider for the independence movement.

No funny names for Swinney? 

"Jobby Swinely", maybe? 

25 minutes ago, spamspamspam said:

See Dugdale is already prepping us for losing free prescriptions, tuition fees, bus passes etc.

Let them in for a bit I say. It'll wake everyone the fuck up once we level down to England's shittip

They should be charging tuition fees anyway. No idea why it's seen as unfair to pay back your fees from future earnings.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Interesting that Swinney attacked a Tory for the way he posed his question but didn’t say anything to Harvie about the personal attacks on Kate.

2 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

a unionist majority back in (both in the Scottish WM contingent and Holyrood) is what it needs, to not only focus minds among the independence support

Perhaps combine the two by visualising KF taking it over the kitchen table

Works for me

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

No funny names for Swinney? 

"Jobby Swinely", maybe? 

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Don't be childish Parkie.

Has a go at anyone calling former FM's anything other than their names then goading, and failing, to get anyone to call John Swinney something derogatory so resort's to doing it himself.

Enjoy your holiday, not a holiday, min.

• Haha 2
12 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

They should be charging tuition fees anyway. No idea why it's seen as unfair to pay back your fees from future earnings.

Aye, should start charging folk to do apprenticeships as well in stead of paying them, or make them pay a training fee back from future earnings

32 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Nonsense argument and you know it. 

Leave school, go to further education, no pay, support yourself, get a qualification and then a job and be expected to pay back cost of education

Leave school, get an apprenticeship, get paid whilst getting training, get a qualification and then a job and not  be expected to pay back cost of training

Seem fair to you?