Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

7 hours ago, daytripping said:

It's called democracy, he's in the minority and can't handle it. We're part of Great Britain and will be forever more, sooner the guy accepts it the sooner he can move on with his life. 

Proud NO voter, as is my daughter, her offspring no doubt the same. Rule Britannia. GSTK.

The tories havent had a majoriy vote in Scotland since 1959. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Haha.  Just a standard 1 windwill oil consumption per annum costing for now. 

Impossible without details. The vessel the trencher works from will burn £250k of diesel in the average trip to run your cable for starters before you even get to how much steel is in the windmill, steel can't be made without a lot of oil, are you going to cement it in? Need a lot of cement, to make cement you need oil. Plastics on the blades? need size of blades, they use a huge amount of oil. 

For how much oil do they need to run for a year, all depends on the size but average of 500 litres wouldn't be far away.

5 hours ago, Simply Red said:

The tories havent had a majoriy vote in Scotland since 1959. 

We're merely a region of Great Britain, we live in a democracy. The other regions voted for them and they gain a majority. 

You need to add all the regions together to make a Country, this is basic stuff, I shouldn't have to spell out how a election works.

I'm really big on democracy, we said NO in 2014, that was our whole region. Why are people still crying about it, you lost. 

4 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Impossible without details. The vessel the trencher works from will burn £250k of diesel in the average trip to run your cable for starters before you even get to how much steel is in the windmill, steel can't be made without a lot of oil, are you going to cement it in? Need a lot of cement, to make cement you need oil. Plastics on the blades? need size of blades, they use a huge amount of oil. 

For how much oil do they need to run for a year, all depends on the size but average of 500 litres wouldn't be far away.

They are already making the blades out of wood. You should post less, means you won't be as wrong as often. 

https://www.rechargenews.com/wind/-world-s-first-wooden-wind-turbine-blades-installed/2-1-1636910

• Confused 1

From the next 5 years onwards there is only going to be one resource that is vastly in demand compared to all others, if you don't know what this is you shouldn't even be considering our status in the Union imo. 

I invite all unionists to name it and state why it is therefore best for us to stay in partnership with the English.

7 hours ago, BrisDon said:

I could explain it but life’s too short so here’s a dildo instead you boring pedantic cunt. 

Probably best you stick to that level of engagement, as I doubt you even actually know what you mean, never mind have the ability to "explain" it. 

• Dildo 3
7 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

From the next 5 years onwards there is only going to be one resource that is vastly in demand compared to all others, if you don't know what this is you shouldn't even be considering our status in the Union imo. 

Washing powder to tackle all those shitty sheets* you wash?

* In homage to RS

9 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I invite all unionists to name it and state why it is therefore best for us to stay in partnership with the English.

Tennents Lager?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Is it fresh water ? I believe there's more in Loch ness than the entire Village of England and their Welsh neighbours put together. They always run out every year too.

So im saying Fresh water

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Probably best you stick to that level of engagement, as I doubt you even actually know what you mean, never mind have the ability to "explain" it. 

The funny thing is that you obviously think you’re pretty clever. 

43 minutes ago, daytripping said:

We're merely a region of Great Britain, we live in a democracy. The other regions voted for them and they gain a majority. 

You need to add all the regions together to make a Country, this is basic stuff, I shouldn't have to spell out how a election works.

I'm really big on democracy, we said NO in 2014, that was our whole region. Why are people still crying about it, you lost. 

:clangers2: Ok i’ll spell it out to you Jeremy - first past the post system isnt very democratic.  

48 minutes ago, daytripping said:

You mean the No vote that was decided after the scaremongering that if we voted yes we would be out of the European Union?? How did that pan out! It’s the 100% reason tories won’t ever let us vote again despite a clear mandate 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Parklife said:

He's right, tbf. There's a quite a few Tory boys on here. Ranging from yer "shy Tory" like FFS, to yer enthusiastic culture war rager like NEM. 

A whole number of Tory's in between too. 

Dunno why Schap point that out makes him a "binary thinker" tbh. 

"culture war"

Phrase invented by the loony left to vilify anyone who says you can't change your gender etc,.  There is no "culture war", only folk stating basic facts.

PS: Holidays going well I see!  Tragic 😂

41 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

My 2nd guess - Whisky?

1 hour ago, daytripping said:

Concrete not cement. You can grow concrete. Self sustainable. 😎

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4HolzCclYY

Nice to see you focusing on a different kind of windmilling these days.

Fair play for answering. Thought you were at it.

8 minutes ago, NEM said:

"culture war"

Phrase invented by the loony left to vilify anyone who says you can't change your gender etc,.  There is no "culture war", only folk stating basic facts.

PS: Holidays going well I see!  Tragic 😂

Thanks for proving me right. 

49 minutes ago, CrazyBullSheep said:

Is it fresh water ? I believe there's more in Loch ness than the entire Village of England and their Welsh neighbours put together. They always run out every year too.

So im saying Fresh water

Best guess so far, and a great reason for them to stay with us not that they would admit it....

1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

Love ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

So a Coronation not a Competition for leadership! 

Just what the SNP need to reinvigorate their supporters and the country at large. A new FM with drive and vision and a new strategy from what we had previously.. oh hold on.... scrap that, another clone in the Sturgeon mold.

Michael-Redmond.png?ssl=1

Imagine Kate will  get a Cabinet post with that being the trade off of her not standing and causing further rifts in the party.