Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

14 hours ago, tutankamun said:

Nippy and Horse face have been such good tyrannical WEF puppets, they’ve been selected for a promotion. A seat at the top table of the UN or similar beckons.

Like Tony Bliar. Remember when they made that war criminal cunt the UN Peace Envoy to the Middle East? :laughing: The place he’d just helped destroy with ‘shock and awe’ over the WMD lie.

C'mon now loon. You're one of the better posters on here min. Don't let that slip.

Halabja 1988 is all I can say to the lie remark. 

Hussein found a really secure way of storing his biological and chemical weapons, hence why they were never found.

2 hours ago, CraigHill said:

If the SNP committed to disband and hand over the running of an Independent Scotland to a party that was capable of running the country I would vote yes.

Which party would that be ?

The Tories, who have turned the UK into a failed state with their corruption, greed and mind-blowing incompetence....or Labour, who effectively controlled Scotland for decades and took our society from 1927 to 1928 in the space of 60 years ? 

Everything is far more nuanced than most in Scotland think. The ferries are a brilliant example.....an SNP fuck up in procuring new ferries has led to the media and voting public thinking that CalMac's problems actually began 2 years ago and everything was rosy before that. 

If the media did their job properly, they would dig deeper and see that CalMac's issues began in 1990 when the company was effectively nationalised under a then Tory administration, and then passed into the control of Labour when devolution came along in 1997. 

A chronic lack of investment in the company from the off simply stored up problems that have come to a ahead over the last few years, and islanders have been moaning about CalMac's lack of reliability for decades.....but nobody listened or gave a fuck about that until covid when the ferries got full of range rovers from Surrey as peopled staycationed. 

That's not to pardon the shipbuilding shambles, but Labour in Scotland have got a fucking hard neck moaning about the SNP, when in fact it was their inaction and unwillingness to invest in CalMac that set the solid foundations for this mess. 

• Upvote 2

As a supporter of independence in 2014 I 100% believe that with Nippy gone, and the reasonable liklihood that her successor will not fill her stilettos, the independence dream will turn into a nightmare and that the popularity of the SNP will have peaked.

The only distant second option I can hope for is that Labour pick up a few more seats in Scotland at the next GE, the Fuckin' Tories are blown into oblivion and that Labour improve devolved powers via an improved federal type system that gives us much more powers than we currently have.

21 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Which party would that be ?

The Tories, who have turned the UK into a failed state with their corruption, greed and mind-blowing incompetence....or Labour, who effectively controlled Scotland for decades and took our society from 1927 to 1928 in the space of 60 years ? 

Everything is far more nuanced than most in Scotland think. The ferries are a brilliant example.....an SNP fuck up in procuring new ferries has led to the media and voting public thinking that CalMac's problems actually began 2 years ago and everything was rosy before that. 

If the media did their job properly, they would dig deeper and see that CalMac's issues began in 1990 when the company was effectively nationalised under a then Tory administration, and then passed into the control of Labour when devolution came along in 1997. 

A chronic lack of investment in the company from the off simply stored up problems that have come to a ahead over the last few years, and islanders have been moaning about CalMac's lack of reliability for decades.....but nobody listened or gave a fuck about that until covid when the ferries got full of range rovers from Surrey as peopled staycationed. 

That's not to pardon the shipbuilding shambles, but Labour in Scotland have got a fucking hard neck moaning about the SNP, when in fact it was their inaction and unwillingness to invest in CalMac that set the solid foundations for this mess. 

SNP have administered a total shit show, not just the ferries.

Control over the whole shooting match would have made things much worse.

As I said when a party is able to competently govern an independent Scotland (and that is not the SNP as it is currently set up and arguably about to become a much weaker entity), then I’ll consider a yes vote. 
That said I don’t think we’ll get a vote on this again any time soon. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, CraigHill said:

If the SNP committed to disband and hand over the running of an Independent Scotland to a party that was capable of running the country I would vote yes.

I agree with Ten Catt's views below however, I can understand why you / some feel that way

2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I don't think that will be happening although with their main policy achieved they'd certainly have to focus on the issues that they hadn't done too well with in the years previous.

The current SNP support definitely contains folk who would naturally vote Labour, Lib Dem or Conservative in an independent Scotland (and I'm one of them) but who right now choose to only vote SNP because we see independence as trumping everything else. 

I actually think that post-Indy, what remains of the SNP might well propose a coalition or merger with Scottish Labour after maybe 10 years or so with the intention of ensuring that Scotland could never in future (unlikely as it would be) put a Conservative government in power.

That's it for me too

No government - none - can be held to account properly whilst working with a partial refund via Barnett

24 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

As a supporter of independence in 2014 I 100% believe that with Nippy gone, and the reasonable liklihood that her successor will not fill her stilettos, the independence dream will turn into a nightmare and that the popularity of the SNP will have peaked.

The only distant second option I can hope for is that Labour pick up a few more seats in Scotland at the next GE, the Fuckin' Tories are blown into oblivion and that Labour improve devolved powers via an improved federal type system that gives us much more powers than we currently have.

We could move to a more balanced argument that will actually give us some facts! What independence could give everyone that as usual can be legitimately fact checked. Then turn No voters into Yes. It’s become under AS&NS too hostile. We need to win the debate not shout people down. 

3 hours ago, CraigHill said:

I think most feel if we got independence the SNP as a ruling party would fall away. This last year has proved they are run by the greens and can not rule themselves. People have voted yes to things they don’t really believe in. There would be a rise for Scottish Labour and Liberals, probably Conservatives too. SNP would need to reimagine itself under a new banner, waiting for the time the unionist voters try to reconnect with Britain 

25 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Like 'The Vow?'

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me springs to mind

They're considered one of the same as the Tories, and I can't see any sign of the distant recovery you hope for anytime soon

Brings us back to the question of full fiscal independence or leave things as they are I guess.....

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

We could move to a more balanced argument that will actually give us some facts! What independence could give everyone that as usual can be legitimately fact checked. Then turn No voters into Yes. It’s become under AS&NS too hostile. We need to win the debate not shout people down. 

Yep - Starting with what Scotland PLC contributes to the Treasury

Agreed - Right now this is one way traffic, and it's only permissible to shout down the SG

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Hopefully this puts the independence thing to bed and they can get on with running the region, it's so decisive, no matter who wins almost half the region will be pissed off. Saying that we had a vote on 2014, democracy should be respected. Get on with running the region.

We need to get away from the greens, the turning kids into freaks act and start supporting oil and gas, once we're a powerhouse in energy and not relying on england for money even i'd vote yes if it came around again.

• Thanks 1
  • Dildo 3
6 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Hopefully this puts the independence thing to bed and they can get on with running the region, it's so decisive, no matter who wins almost half the region will be pissed off. Saying that we had a vote on 2014, democracy should be respected. Get on with running the region.

We need to get away from the greens, the turning kids into freaks act and start supporting oil and gas, once we're a powerhouse in energy and not relying on england for money even i'd vote yes if it came around again.

Was it yellow or red Crayola for supper? 

• Haha 7
7 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Wind is the new oil & gas

• Dildo 1
7 hours ago, NorfolkDandy said:

Like 'The Vow?'

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me springs to mind

They're considered one of the same as the Tories, and I can't see any sign of the distant recovery you hope for anytime soon

Brings us back to the question of full fiscal independence or leave things as they are I guess.....

Agreed, the NO side shot their bolt last time, as far as promising genuine, meaningful reform.

20 minutes ago, daytripping said:

Your referring to Scotland as a "region", as opposed to a country, says it all about Unionist mentality in the 21st century.

22 hours ago, tutankamun said:

Nippy and Horse face have been such good tyrannical WEF puppets, they’ve been selected for a promotion. A seat at the top table of the UN or similar beckons.

Like Tony Bliar. Remember when they made that war criminal cunt the UN Peace Envoy to the Middle East? :laughing: The place he’d just helped destroy with ‘shock and awe’ over the WMD lie.

Indeed, though Sturgeon and her "husband" are no longer useful to the establishment and have upcoming legal issues to contend with, which may see them discarded like a used condom. Craig Murray has just written a compelling piece on his website about this. 

13 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Agreed, the NO side shot their bolt last time, as far as promising genuine, meaningful reform.

Your referring to Scotland as a "region", as opposed to a country, says it all about Unionist mentality in the 21st century.

Indeed, though Sturgeon and her "husband" are no longer useful to the establishment and have upcoming legal issues to contend with, which may see them discarded like a used condom. Craig Murray has just written a compelling piece on his website about this. 

Great Britain.

My Grandad was shot in the war fighting for the Royal Anglians in Italy, stormed a machine gun post on his own. Lived but was never the same. He instilled in me how great Britain is, imagine patrick fucking harvie going to war, that cunt is at the top table in this shambles. You fucking idiots vote for them. Fucking dressing little boys in dresses, where will this lead.

• Upvote 3
  • Dildo 5
10 hours ago, daytripping said:

I've run out of likes for posts but I was going to give you a purple L.

We don't rely on England to keep us .

They make you think that of course they have to daytripping.

Love your forum name.👍

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1