Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

The SNP Conference has been quite remarkable, as the luminaries of the separatist movement hammer out their independence strategy.

In my understanding, the party has agreed the following:

It currently has 44 MP in Westminster and has no mandate for independence, as shown by the lack of negotiations with the UK Government.

But the party thinks that, if it loses up to 15 MPs at the general election, taking it down to as low as 29 MPs (a majority of Scottish seats?), then this will - remarkably - somehow represent a mandate for independence, leading to negotiations with the UK Government.

I almost feel sorry for the people who have been taken in by these grifters:  after many years of kicking the can down the road, dancing around the topic, they have got to a stage where there is not even a serious pretence anymore that they know what they are doing.

If anyone swallows the above strategy, it is surely because they are on the SNP payroll and want to keep the gravy train flowing, or else they are thick.

Which are you, dear reader?

The grifters always seem to get out of jail however.  Given the above nonsense, surely Humza and co will be hoping for a real wipe out for the party, as then they can carry on "in post", while saying "ach, we just fell short of the magic 29 seats....next time" and the pound shop bravehearts will be fooled again.

Also, has anyone received their voting card for this independence referendum on Thursday?  I haven't, should I be worried?

To be fair if they held this conference in the TECA at Xmas time it would be a smash hit.

20 hours ago, caledonia said:

They are fucking clowns that is why Alba now has more members than lib dems and *Scottish Tories in Scotland and are adding a few hundred a week

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23520058.alba-party-says-members-scottish-tories-libdems/

People who join political parties are weirdo outliers and really in no way representative of the voting public. Remember when Labour had loads of members with Corbyn as leader? How did they get on with that?

That said, I can't blame SNP members for failing to renew given the shambles the party has become.

The real irony is the fact that all the youngsters who convinced the party to become a vehicle for all this gender nonsense etc will be buggering off to Labour now that that's the way the gravy train is travelling.

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

People who join political parties are weirdo outliers and really in no way representative of the voting public. Remember when Labour had loads of members with Corbyn as leader? How did they get on with that?

That said, I can't blame SNP members for failing to renew given the shambles the party has become.

The real irony is the fact that all the youngsters who convinced the party to become a vehicle for all this gender nonsense etc will be buggering off to Labour now that that's the way the gravy train is travelling.

Can’t argue with any of that +1 although more members means more money or gravy which ever way you look at it.

2 hours ago, KenDodd'sDad said:

My Auntie is big in the Labour game.

She can turn any greeting, question, sentence or observation into a long winded political rant within a few seconds. It's impossible to steer away from......she's been alone her whole life, I can see why.

For example I mentioned I was down in Rutherglen at the weekend......she was all giddy about some majority seat. I didn't have a fucking clue what she was speaking about.

I was just boozing and spunking all over an AirBnB property.

36 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

My Auntie is big in the Labour game.

She can turn any greeting, question, sentence or observation into a long winded political rant within a few seconds. It's impossible to steer away from......she's been alone her whole life, I can see why.

For example I mentioned I was down in Rutherglen at the weekend......she was all giddy about some majority seat. I didn't have a fucking clue what she was speaking about.

I was just boozing and spunking all over an AirBnB property.

Ask your Auntie if she wants to join you for one of these trips, it may stop her prattling on about politics

In his speech, Humza's promises added nearly a billion pounds onto Scotland's spending, despite the fact that they already need to make a billion £ of savings.

None of it is costed.

Several of the things he announced (eg council tax freeze, arts funding) had only been recently announced as cuts as part of saving the £billion above.

So he has U turned here and is promising things he knows he cant afford.

(of course he wont cut the SNP jollies to New York / Dubai etc for environmental events, or the grandstanding giveaways of our money, none of which is costed for in Holyrood's budget).

2 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

In his speech, Humza's promises added nearly a billion pounds onto Scotland's spending, despite the fact that they already need to make a billion £ of savings.

None of it is costed.

Several of the things he announced (eg council tax freeze, arts funding) had only been recently announced as cuts as part of saving the £billion above.

(of course he wont cut the SNP jollies to New York / Dubai etc for environmental events, or the grandstanding giveaways of our money, none of which is costed for in Holyrood's budget).

Look at any conference of late and its the same pish being spouted by every party - ambiguous promises and statements that they will NEVER be held to.

Politics is at one of the lowest points its been for a long long time. 

2 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

None of it is costed.

Why are you so obsessed with the snp? 

No one really gives a fuck. Most can see the snp are now as much of a joke as the tories. 

I'm not getting the sums with the nats. With inflation so high costs and wages to run things will be going through the roof. The likes of my local swimming pool has been shut as the council can't afford to fund it. How will next year go, more costs but the same money coming in as this year.

I'd hope it has been costed and the councils won't need to make more cuts.

16 minutes ago, daytripping said:

I'm not getting the sums with the nats. With inflation so high costs and wages to run things will be going through the roof. The likes of my local swimming pool has been shut as the council can't afford to fund it. How will next year go, more costs but the same money coming in as this year.

Absolute shambles.

I've to go to Northfield these days to see Mongols cocks, costing a fortune in diesel.

57 minutes ago, daytripping said:

I hope they have to cut like fuck serves you right for voting to stay with uk and get fed crumbs rather than run our own country 

• Dildo 3
1 hour ago, daytripping said:

LOL

1 hour ago, caledonia said:

I hope they have to cut like fuck serves you right for voting to stay with uk and get fed crumbs rather than run our own country 

^ This, because we all know Scotland would be as rich as Saudi by now if we were independent. No financial issues at all, no sir, COVID probably wouldn't have happened either so no fuck off bill for furlough to cover.

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 2