Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

14 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Aye, we get it. Shut up.

I am just one poster on here, but entitled to an opinion, no more and no less. I'm not going to shut up, for you or anyone. Weegie mink.

12 hours ago, Parklife said:

He prefaces every post with it. 

"while I have no love for SNP, I must confess that Bojan Miovski is a top class striker". 

Fanny. 

Your exaggeration aside, the name-calling only lessens your argument. I thought better of you. It does however highlight the polarised nature of the debate; Unionists are having to preface their view with "I'm not a Tory" while many independence supporters similarly have to make the distinction we are in favour of self-determination, but not the SNP. Neither of us should have to do this, but such is the increasingly partisan nature of - and lack of nuance surrounding - the debate. A far cry from the broad church we saw between 2012-14. 

1 hour ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Ach, I'm always happy to help those less fortunate out.

Those in the North East, and the afore mentioned Lowlands, as well as other parts of Scotland generally out with the Highlands primarily did not like the Clan system and the fact Clan Chief's had so much power.

The Duke of Cumberland and his army stayed, and trained, in Aberdeen prior to marching north to Culloden and before the Provost Skene house closed for renovations, graffiti left by members of the army was found on the inside walls.

I think that doesn't prove your point. It was a civil war, Aberdeen and it's citizens wasn't entirely for the government let alone the whole North East. It was certainly known that Aberdeen supported the Jacobites in '15 and doubt everyone would have changed their minds by '45. 

8 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

I think that doesn't prove your point. It was a civil war, Aberdeen and it's citizens wasn't entirely for the government let alone the whole North East. It was certainly known that Aberdeen supported the Jacobites in '15 and doubt everyone would have changed their minds by '45. 

Wasn't trying to "prove" anything mate, merely providing some input into the subject.

Reality is most of the population, regardless of who they supported, probably just wanted to avoid being killed, their homes ransacked, wife raped and to get on with their lives.

7 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Not just Lowland Huns, the North East was also particularly happy that Bonnie Prince Charlie never succeeded in 1746.

8 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Wasn't trying to "prove" anything mate, merely providing some input into the subject.

Reality is most of the population, regardless of who they supported, probably just wanted to avoid being killed, their homes ransacked, wife raped and to get on with their lives.

Would you agree that your "input" particularly the following "the North East was also particularly happy" is completely  incorrect?

4 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Happy for you to provide input that  disproves my comments.

"ABERDEEN, ABERDEENSHIRE & JACOBITISM IN THE NORTH-EAST OF SCOTLAND, 1688-1750 A thesis presented for the degree of Ph.D. at the University of Aberdeen Kieran German 2010"

Start with this, it has many points backed up by credible sources. The North East was probably as divided as it was for the recent independence referendum. 

5 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Pity about the car crash he has inherited and the potential drubbing the party will get at the upcoming election though.

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

They'll get more votes and seats than any other party in Scotland. 

5 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Never said they wouldn't, I just commented on the drubbing they will receive.

2 hours ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Where did I post that then?

Above you said they would get the most seats but get a drubbing.

you really need to see a doctor same when you could not remember being a Tory.

maybe get your wife to sit you in the shopping trolley next time you are out especially with your bad memory loss.

1 hour ago, caledonia said:

Above you said they would get the most seats but get a drubbing.

you really need to see a doctor same when you could not remember being a Tory.

maybe get your wife to sit you in the shopping trolley next time you are out especially with your bad memory loss.

Pedant alert - I never said they would get the most seats (parky said that), I simply stated that they will get a drubbing.

My memory is nae bad for my age (I think), what was the question again?

Doubt a grown man could fit into a trolley, but will give it a go when I head to Tesco for dinner tonight. You enjoy eating your Uber eats delivered meal for 1 while wanking to old Nicola Sturgeon party speeches now.

😘

1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Pendant alert - I never said they would get the most seats (parky said that), I simply stated that they will get a drubbing.

My memory is nae bad for my age (I think), what was the question again?

Doubt a grown man could fit into a trolley, but will give it a go when I head to Tesco for dinner tonight. You enjoy eating your Uber eats delivered meal for 1 while wanking to old Nicola Sturgeon party speeches now.

😘

Warning: jewellery 🤚

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Redforever86 said:

"ABERDEEN, ABERDEENSHIRE & JACOBITISM IN THE NORTH-EAST OF SCOTLAND, 1688-1750 A thesis presented for the degree of Ph.D. at the University of Aberdeen Kieran German 2010"

Start with this, it has many points backed up by credible sources. The North East was probably as divided as it was for the recent independence referendum. 

Did you go hunting for that or are you really Kieran German?

8 minutes ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Reckon Salmond every had it away with Sturgeon?

I reckon he did the shagger that he is.

Nah, even Shagger Salmon has morals, and Sturgo would be more likely to get it on with Ruth Davidson than a bloke

• Haha 1

Quite funny, all that lark yesterday. 

The soap opera element, the pained acting and overreaction that comes with the farce of Westminster protocols. 

You'd think the SNP were calling it a genocide, demanding that all diplomatic/ economic ties were ended with Israel. 

Nope, the political outlook in this country is so grim that to suggest we stop abetting the killing of thousands of innocent people via bombs, starvation, lack of access to medicine etc is considered a strong, hardline stance. 

https://twitter.com/commonsspeaker/status/1729115420563743186?s=46

Friendly with the Israel lobby, I'd imagine. 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Parklife said:

Brits really are the scum of the earth (after the war-mongering Israelis). 

Do you really think that? 

Go and ask your average Argentinian on your travels their thoughts on matters of race, colonialism etc. 

The French are fairly psychotic, too. 

Ask the Germans what to do re Israel. 

The ideologies of the West, including the beloved EU are what allows things like this to happen. 

Economic, diplomatic and historic relations take precedent over matters of life, death and dignity. 

Britain isn't particularly exceptional in this regard. 

• Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Do you really think that? 

Go and ask your average Argentinian on your travels their thoughts on matters of race, colonialism etc. 

The French are fairly psychotic, too. 

Ask the Germans what to do re Israel. 

The ideologies of the West, including the beloved EU are what allows things like this to happen. 

Economic, diplomatic and historic relations take precedent over matters of life, death and dignity. 

Britain isn't particularly exceptional in this regard. 

A fantastic post. 

• Thanks 1