Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Henry said:

No thank you. 

Then you cannot have it both ways. You snipe and run, while offering nothing constructive by way of refutation of any of the topics herein. If you don't like me, fair play, but if you've nothing to contribute yourself, best to ignore. There is a block function, I believe.

8 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Once again, you neglect to address my points, most notably that you participate in juvenile threads about soiling oneself whilst inebriated, and deliberating over the colour and texture of random defecations. That is the kind of garbage most  people grow out of as they leave their teens, so who are you to criticise me? You are nothing more than a hypocrite. 

That said, your discerning point is noted, though I could call the Dear Leader many other things, given she is under investigation and during the course of which, has been found to have demonstrably lied to Parliament. I know more than I can legally say at present, but she has already handsomely rewarded at least one of the Alphabet Sisters and word is at least one other is standing as a candidate for 2021... after a court threw out their false allegations. Salmond is no saint, that is very true, but absolutely nothing excuses stitching someone up over false sex allegations, for it not only destroys the reputations of many innocent men, it makes it harder for genuine victims to be taken seriously and see justice. Horrendous behaviour for people entrusted to run the country, whichever colour they wear.

Sturgeon and Murrell are up to their necks in corruption and are not fit to hold office and I say that as someone who backed the SNP when first old enough to vote in 1999 and backed a YES vote in 2014. What's the point in independence, if the same corruption reigns supreme and if the same chancers like Alyn Smith and Pete Wishart have their noses in the trough? 

NRT. 

6 hours ago, The Boofon said:

NRT. 

As I'm not down with the cool kids, I have no idea what that means, but the fact you still provide no compelling counter-argument tells more about you than it ever could about me. As I said above, there is a block function. Use it or fuck off and don't waste my time, Freemason. 

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the Salmond enquiry is winding down, it's crunch time for those who still back the Sturgeon and Murrell team... they're up to their necks in shyte and have been caught in lies, so surely their resignation is now a formality? 

Where I diverge from the likes of Wings Over Scotland, is that he thinks a VONC will seal their fate. I'm not 100% convinced, as there are surely some Unionist MSP's who know the FM and her husband are the "safe" option (i.e. least threat to the union) and may just give her a stay of execution.

Without wanting to make outlandish predictions, I'd say there will be a hell of a lot of independence supporters if/when she leads them into May's election and does fuck all about independence, other than the obligatory "pretty please?" to Johnson and is slapped down yet again.

29 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Now that the Salmond enquiry is winding down, it's crunch time for those who still back the Sturgeon and Murrell team... they're up to their necks in shyte and have been caught in lies, so surely their resignation is now a formality? 

Where I diverge from the likes of Wings Over Scotland, is that he thinks a VONC will seal their fate. I'm not 100% convinced, as there are surely some Unionist MSP's who know the FM and her husband are the "safe" option (i.e. least threat to the union) and may just give her a stay of execution.

Without wanting to make outlandish predictions, I'd say there will be a hell of a lot of independence supporters if/when she leads them into May's election and does fuck all about independence, other than the obligatory "pretty please?" to Johnson and is slapped down yet again.

Personally speaking, as a supporter of ridding ourselves of the bizarre anomaly of the shitty union, I'd prefer to see them binned.

As for the second bolded bit, yeah, she can get to fuck in that (likely?) event.

Though I will 100% retract the above in the event of her having some secret masterplan which will be applied in the very near future* to unshackle us from the looting. cretinous, leeches at Westminster.

I don't have much confidence in this though... promises... wasted mandates... GRA pish...the woke arm... Wishart, Smith, fucking Blackman...

*2021 at latest

24 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The election needs to be fought on the basis that we're having a referendum in autumn 2021 & she needs to be strong enough to say that we're doing it irrespective of what Westminster say. 

100% this, and if it doesn't happen I hope to fuck a third pro-indy party comes to fruition with some actual balls. 

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Personally speaking, as a supporter of ridding ourselves of the bizarre anomaly of the shitty union, I'd prefer to see them binned.

As for the second bolded bit, yeah, she can get to fuck in that (likely?) event.

Though I will 100% retract the above in the event of her having some secret masterplan which will be applied in the very near future* to unshackle us from the looting. cretinous, leeches at Westminster.

I don't have much confidence in this though... promises... wasted mandates... GRA pish...the woke arm... Wishart, Smith, fucking Blackman...

*2021 at latest

Not very good during his time for Aberdeen ten seasons ago.

42 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The election needs to be fought on the basis that we're having a referendum in autumn 2021 & she needs to be strong enough to say that we're doing it irrespective of what Westminster say. 

That'll put a lot of people off TBH. The majority of people are sick of politics and promising them MORE campaigning and debates in the midst of lots of campaigning and debates will not be a vote winner

44 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

That'll put a lot of people off TBH. The majority of people are sick of politics and promising them MORE campaigning and debates in the midst of lots of campaigning and debates will not be a vote winner

You may be right. I do feel a lot of pro-Independence people are going off the SNP due to the dithering on this though.

Hard balancing act, to be fair. 

21 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You may be right. I do feel a lot of pro-Independence people are going off the SNP due to the dithering on this though.

Hard balancing act, to be fair. 

Divide and conquer is as old as the hills.

15 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

? Don't expect nothing more for someone respresenting the SNLA.

Get a grip min, that's as bad as Natzi party schtick.

2 hours ago, rocket_scientist said:

Not sure it's possible. In fact I'm sure it's not constitutionally possible and yet enshrined in the principles of public international law is the right for a country to self-determination.

If it were that easy, she wouldn't be seeking Westminster approval (to conduct the referendum to determine our own future). May be legal battles ahead.

Fuck the English. Have the vote and ignore the cunts in Westminster. 

While I agree with your sentiments, the elephant in the room here is that the grassroots activist Martin Keatings has been engaged in legal action for some time now, to determine the legality of circumventing the Section 30 process. The SNP leadership have been demonstrably obstructing this, to which I beg the question of WHY? It's a win-win situation, when you consider the fact we'll at least know where we stand; either we're clear to proceed without that fuckwit Johnson's approval, or we're effectively a colony. The former will almost certainly be a YES vote, while the latter forces the SNP to get up off their arse and enact (or even formulate?) a Plan B.

It is their sabotage of this case that leads many to think there is something afoot, but then again are we surprised? The British state infiltrates any organisation deemed a threat and even reached the high echelons of the IRA. The SNP are small beer by comparison and Murrell and a few others are acting like agents, until they change tack.

9 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I've been hoping it has some legs in it yet.  Are the SNP not still withholding legal documents, despite the chamber having voted twice for them to be released?

(Previously, Westminster voted to force the UK government to share legal documents regarding Brexit and it did so the next day.  Imagine Sturgeon's or Michelin Man's line, if Boris Johnston was withholding documents in defiance of two parliamentary votes).

This might end up in court (again) or perhaps the documents contain information that would make Sturgeon's position untenable, even over and above the pressure on them already (as you identify).

Did you see the SNP decided to cancel next years exams - they have decided to go for a second year of made-up results, to avoid the inevitable downward step-change which would occur via reverting to the more traditional non-made-up results.

8 hours ago, Parklife said:

They will include a referendum mention, as usual, but certainly not put a date on it or talk about flouting legislation.

There will not be a referendum in 2021 -how would that work, when we cant go within 2m of each other.  Mail in voting?  After the US shit show?

Months of campaigning during the vaccination campaign would not be popular and suggest complacency.  And campaigning to leave the first and so far only country in the world to roll out a vaccination campaign, for a current pandemic, is a pretty hard sell. 

The recent freebies suggest to me that they are looking to consolidate support (which polls say has risen) over time.  Look at the policy of free breakfast and lunch for every primary school child, even on school holidays (FFS!  next month -a free car and a million pounds for everyone). 

They haven't rolled that out  simply to shortly take it back again (as would be likely) when independent.  They want people to enjoy a few years of that, they want folk to put a couple of kids through the system and enjoy the money they save, while their kids eat healthily.  it wont save megabucks, but saved up it could be the spending money for a family holiday, or be an extra trip to the pub per week etc, certainly worthwhile.

47 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

I've been hoping it has some legs in it yet.  Are the SNP not still withholding legal documents, despite the chamber having voted twice for them to be released?

(Previously, Westminster voted to force the UK government to share legal documents regarding Brexit and it did so the next day.  Imagine Sturgeon's or Michelin Man's line, if Boris Johnston was withholding documents in defiance of two parliamentary votes).

This might end up in court (again) or perhaps the documents contain information that would make Sturgeon's position untenable, even over and above the pressure on them already (as you identify).

Did you see the SNP decided to cancel next years exams - they have decided to go for a second year of made-up results, to avoid the inevitable downward step-change which would occur via reverting to the more traditional non-made-up results.

Sturgeons husband Murrell is being forced to go back to the enquiry as they have discovered he was telling them a pack of lies.

Up to their necks in it 

9 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Sturgeons husband Murrell is being forced to go back to the enquiry as they have discovered he was telling them a pack of lies.

Up to their necks in it 

Well he said he did not use whatsapp but was last seen 2 weeks ago

7829-EE8-A-FE7-A-41-E7-80-F1-AC2-CF51047

I would vote for independence no matter what but hate some of the SNP obsession with GRA etc

You don't have to be an SNP supporter to vote for independence but most that vote for snp would probably give them first chance to run an independent Scotland 

Trouble is as well if you voted for other party after indy as constitution question would be over would they try their best for Scotland or would they try and sabotage to try and prove independence was wrong especially in the first few elections.

The SNP has become rank rotten with transgender "activists", predatory faggots like MacKay, potty mouthed NEDs like Black, chancers like Alyn Smith and his boyfriend Jordon, blowhards like Blackford and career politician chancers like Pete Wishart. Unless they wise the fuck up ASAP, they'll blow what chance they have left of independence.

Come to think of it, the very thought of Weak Pishart losing his current gig and reverting back to third-rate teuchter emo pop with Runrig, almost makes me want to go 180 about face and paint my hand red, screaming "No Surrender! Ruth Davidson for First Minister!" 

3 hours ago, Jocky Balboa said:

The SNP has become rank rotten with transgender "activists", predatory faggots like MacKay, potty mouthed NEDs like Black, chancers like Alyn Smith and his boyfriend Jordon, blowhards like Blackford and career politician chancers like Pete Wishart. Unless they wise the fuck up ASAP, they'll blow what chance they have left of independence.

Come to think of it, the very thought of Weak Pishart losing his current gig and reverting back to third-rate teuchter emo pop with Runrig, almost makes me want to go 180 about face and paint my hand red, screaming "No Surrender! Ruth Davidson for First Minister!" 

High levels of homophobia here.

I take it you want a Scotland with no gay people in it, how do you intend to achieve that?

• Downvote 2
8 hours ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

High levels of homophobia here.

I take it you want a Scotland with no gay people in it, how do you intend to achieve that?

I also laughed at whinging about Mhairi Black being "potty-mouthed" (presumably alluding to tweets from about 5+ years ago), while himself saying "faggot" & "fuck". 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

If Mhairi Black is the dyed blonde dyke representing Paisley or Renfrewshire or such like, then she's going to be looking for a real job. The locals tell me she has the worst attendance record in the House of Commons. Lazy cunt. 

The chances of her losing her seat are slim IMO. She won over 50% of the vote and won by almost 25% just 1 year ago. 

Not sure I've ever seen data on parliamentary attendance either, so not sure how they know about that.