Worth A Look?

3 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Would Jamie MacLaren be 'worth a look'?

Looks handy in patches at Hibs, a few years back... has a ridiculous goal scoring returning back to Oz.  Entering his peak years now - I feel like he'd score goals, in a good Aberdeen team, if provided with decent service.

I think so. 

Worth a look, at least. 

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The more i see Thomas at Livingston the more I like him. 

He's a big lad who is a handful but is mobile and has ability as well. 

He's the kind of guy I'd have here as one of the choices in the mix. 

As I said the other day......he's past his 30th birthday and will be closer to 31 by the time next season starts. Until I looked, I had presumed he was 24/25ish.

And he could barely get a start under Holt. 

He's an awkward big bruiser no doubt, but he's supposedly said he doesn't want to activate the year's extension available on his Livi contract so I suspect there is a lower league club somewhere down south closer to his London roots that his agent is aware of interest from. 

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

As I said the other day......he's past his 30th birthday and will be closer to 31 by the time next season starts. Until I looked, I had presumed he was 24/25ish.

And he could barely get a start under Holt. 

He's an awkward big bruiser no doubt, but he's supposedly said he doesn't want to activate the year's extension available on his Livi contract so I suspect there is a lower league club somewhere down south closer to his London roots that his agent is aware of interest from. 

Ah well. 

He'd have been a decent wildcard option. 

As an aside there are plenty who want Watkins and he's 31 as well. 

On 4/24/2021 at 8:32 AM, Sonoftherock said:

Would Jamie MacLaren be 'worth a look'?

Looks handy in patches at Hibs, a few years back... has a ridiculous goal scoring returning back to Oz.  Entering his peak years now - I feel like he'd score goals, in a good Aberdeen team, if provided with decent service.

Quite like watching the Aussie football on a Saturday / Sunday morning but the standard is really low. 

The style of play is open and attacking though, so I'm not surprised he has a few goals. He wouldn't score as many here though

1 hour ago, RedRichard said:

I'll come back in (in the right thread this time) with Scott Twine of Swindon, just relegated to League Two. Creative attacking midfielder (21 yo) with a penchant for goals from outside the box. (watch from about 50 seconds in)

The last player we had from there was bloody awful (sorry, Ifil), however a certain striker who had a fairly long association with Swindon prior to coming to Aberdeen was bloody marvellous. If the boy Twine is half the player that man was, sign him. 

just saw this tweet as well, pretty crazy: (lots of interest in him i think, and maybe too expensive for us - which is sad for a player in a team just relegated to league 2)

Players to achieve 10+ goals AND assists in 20/21 (#UEFA's 'Top 5' leagues + #EFL?

Kane (19/13)

Fernandes (16/11)

Buendia (12/15)

Twine (11/10)

Muller (10/15)

Aspas (10/10)
17 minutes ago, slippers said:

Ravel Morrison without a club again. Do you think he would be worth a shout? Looking at some of the clubs he’s signed for this last few years I think he may be attainable. Not sure if he would still have something or not? 

Just keep the boot room locked and he'll be fine. 

8 hours ago, slippers said:

Ravel Morrison without a club again. Do you think he would be worth a shout? Looking at some of the clubs he’s signed for this last few years I think he may be attainable. Not sure if he would still have something or not? 

Looks like he's pals with Russell.

Not seen him in years but would be happy to take a punt

46 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Better than Hendry & free as opposed to a fee. 

Yep he's free and is only 25 years old. Apparently scored 13 goals and has 7 assists this season in all competitions. Looks to be an upgrade on both Anderson and Hendry.

Also what's Lewis Morgan up to these days?

1 hour ago, BonnieDon said:

Yep he's free and is only 25 years old. Apparently scored 13 goals and has 7 assists this season in all competitions. Looks to be an upgrade on both Anderson and Hendry.

Also what's Lewis Morgan up to these days?

Inter Miami’s best player which apparently isn’t impressive cause “lol mls” even though they’ve got higuain and matuidi in their team. Cunt would be out his depth playing in oor league wi connor mclennan and fraser hornby