Worth A Look?

54 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Mid table League 1 is about as good as he'll get now.

He'll be spewing he'll never manage a club as big as us again. 

Tbf although Doncaster have had a pretty underwhelming season, they are one of the better funded sides in EFL1 (that haven't dropped down from the Championship) and do have genuine aspirations to get themselves promoted. Very similar to Peterborough who have managed to get themselves up this season. They were well in contention at Xmas for at least a play off position but have had a poor second half of the season...still a lot closer to the play off positions points wise than the relegation places.

If he DM were to get the job there it wouldn't be the worst place in the world to end up. Only Sunderland (who might go up yet), Portsmouth, Charlton, Ipswich and Sheff Wed will have significantly higher budgets next season.

15 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Tbf although Doncaster have had a pretty underwhelming season, they are one of the better funded sides in EFL1 (that haven't dropped down from the Championship) and do have genuine aspirations to get themselves promoted. Very similar to Peterborough who have managed to get themselves up this season. They were well in contention at Xmas for at least a play off position but have had a poor second half of the season...still a lot closer to the play off positions points wise than the relegation places.

If he DM were to get the job there it wouldn't be the worst place in the world to end up. Only Sunderland (who might go up yet), Portsmouth, Charlton, Ipswich and Sheff Wed will have significantly higher budgets next season.

Lost more than they've won this season in League 1. Bottom half finish.

Spent 3 seasons in League 2 a few years ago.

Their crowds are about half of ours.

As I said thats as good as McInnes will get now and he won't manage a club as big as us again. For the shite he's left us in I'm happy he'll be spewing at this. 

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Can't see him going for that job. 

He's a little fish in a huge pond down in England.  Whereas he enjoyed being a bigger fish in a smaller pond up here. 

I think he'll wait for a Scottish gig.  Maybe if Mellon goes back down south he might end up at Dundee United for a bit. 

Are Dundee United bigger than Doncaster Rovers?

20 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Lost more than they've won this season in League 1. Bottom half finish.

Spent 3 seasons in League 2 a few years ago.

Their crowds are about half of ours.

As I said thats as good as McInnes will get now and he won't manage a club as big as us again. For the shite he's left us in I'm happy he'll be spewing at this. 

But harsh on mcinnes, yes he’s left us in a mess but overall he done a good job but sadly regressed past 2/3 seasons. You see some of the shite that’s appointment to decent positions I still think he could get a half decent gig. There isn’t a massive amount of decent managers out of work as we found with our shortlist. 

• Downvote 1
19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Can't see him going for that job. 

He's a little fish in a huge pond down in England.  Whereas he enjoyed being a bigger fish in a smaller pond up here. 

I think he'll wait for a Scottish gig.  Maybe if Mellon goes back down south he might end up at Dundee United for a bit. 

Absolutely this. I'd be stunned if he works in england.

His ego won't allow him to take a crappy job and his CV doesnt back up getting a top 40-50 club

1 minute ago, slippers said:

But harsh on mcinnes, yes he’s left us in a mess but overall he done a good job but sadly regressed past 2/3 seasons. You see some of the shite that’s appointment to decent positions I still think he could get a half decent gig. There isn’t a massive amount of decent managers out of work as we found with our shortlist. 

Who was on our shortlist?

McInnes deserves fuck all from us. Took the piss for 2/3 years on huge wages and left us in the shite. Hope it hurts that he'll never get a similar gig.

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

So he won't work again then?

He'll have to bite the bullet eventually. 

Aye to st J, united or hearts as ive said

maybe he'd fancy international management with scotland, n Ire, Ireland and wales all probable to come up in the next year or two

3 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Who was on our shortlist?

McInnes deserves fuck all from us. Took the piss for 2/3 years on huge wages and left us in the shite. Hope it hurts that he'll never get a similar gig.

Meant the bookies shortlist. Full of absolute failures. 

I wanted him gone and a lot sooner then he was but I don’t hate him like some on here. Be interesting to see where he lands. 

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

Barry Douglas, 31, left-back.  Out of contract in the summer.

Worth a look?

Was linked with joining sevco at the start of the season when Leeds were trying to punt him out on loan. A fair number of their support seemed to know him personally (he grew up in the south side of Glasgow).....they were all saying words to the effect of "he's a staunch Bear...bhh" and the likes

That in itself puts me off, but he also turns 32 a month into the season and as has been said....he's been used to Championship level wages. 

If we are to sign a left back, I'd prefer it to be a younger guy with the potential to net us a big fee a couple of years down the line

49 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Or give our own young left back some game time and experience 

It's a fair point and whilst there's no doubt that MacKenzie is better than Ramsay currently in their respective positions, I just suspect Ramsay will prove to have the higher ceiling (by a considerable margin) in the not too distant future and that if we are to develop one, he should be the one prioritised.

MacKenzie just isn't striking me as someone that's going to nail down a permanent spot in our side 

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Was linked with joining sevco at the start of the season when Leeds were trying to punt him out on loan. A fair number of their support seemed to know him personally (he grew up in the south side of Glasgow).....they were all saying words to the effect of "he's a staunch Bear...bhh" and the likes

That in itself puts me off, but he also turns 32 a month into the season and as has been said....he's been used to Championship level wages. 

If we are to sign a left back, I'd prefer it to be a younger guy with the potential to net us a big fee a couple of years down the line

Those mutants would say anyone’s a staunch bear if they were wanting to sign them.

I wouldn’t mind him here. We may only get a season or two out of him on the pitch, but he’d perhaps help MacKenzie develop into the long term option there once he’s done. 

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It's a fair point and whilst there's no doubt that MacKenzie is better than Ramsay currently in their respective positions, I just suspect Ramsay will prove to have the higher ceiling (by a considerable margin) in the not too distant future and that if we are to develop one, he should be the one prioritised.

MacKenzie just isn't striking me as someone that's going to nail down a permanent spot in our side 

Totally disagree, MacKenzie looks like an athlete and is a strong powerful runner, comfortable on the ball. Big age gap between Ramsay and MacKenzie and both look good prospects. He lacks height and will be targeted in certain games by teams like Livingston but tbh I thought he handled the JET well enough, let him win headers, didn't jump in and commit silly fouls and the centre backs picked up the seconds. I'd like to sign an experienced left back and give MacKenzie as much game time as possible, then take him out the team when required, exactly like hib's have done with Doig this season. Some will shoot it down but someone like Lee Wallace, not saying him specifically but someone of that level, maybe early thirties, can't play every week and has had their big pay days. Ramsay, I'd rather see play back up to a first choice right back this season and be eased more in to the team and the physical demands.  

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Because he’s left footed aye? 

20 minutes ago, GDON21 said:

Totally disagree, MacKenzie looks like an athlete and is a strong powerful runner, comfortable on the ball. Big age gap between Ramsay and MacKenzie and both look good prospects. He lacks height and will be targeted in certain games by teams like Livingston but tbh I thought he handled the JET well enough, let him win headers, didn't jump in and commit silly fouls and the centre backs picked up the seconds. I'd like to sign an experienced left back and give MacKenzie as much game time as possible, then take him out the team when required, exactly like hib's have done with Doig this season. Some will shoot it down but someone like Lee Wallace, not saying him specifically but someone of that level, maybe early thirties, can't play every week and has had their big pay days. Ramsay, I'd rather see play back up to a first choice right back this season and be eased more in to the team and the physical demands.  

McCrorie to play RB with young Ramsay as cover and as you say sign an experienced LB to fight it out with MacKenzie

• Upvote 1