Feel a little sad for Joe. He was good for us for a time, but has lost it now. To go from captaining the side to warming the bench must be difficult. 

He has been miles off it when he has played this season though, so I think it is time to go. Good luck to him wherever he goes.

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Tord31 said:

That was a goodbye from Joe Lewis tonight.

Can anyone remind me who was betting me he wasnt away? It might have been on the transfer rumour thread

Seemed to remember chat he was going to retire but the injury to Roos meant he didn’t. 
Was a quality keeper for us just sadly his form has fallen off a cliff the last few years 

2 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

He’ll go with my best wishes.

Best keeper in the league for his first 2/3 years here by a mile.

Pity he went downhill so quickly after that.

It was destined for him to end up a total bomb scare sadly. I blame his parents, wtf were they thinking giving a future goalkeeper the initials JL 🤦‍♂️

We got the best JL (Jim Leighton) keeper at first but sadly ended up with a Jamie Langfield lattery

His fall from where he was in his first few seasons to the bomb scare he became was as shocking and saddening at it was surprising.

Was it the season he got the armband where he started to go downhill?

Great servant to the club in any case, and goes with everyone’s best wishes i’m sure.

18 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Was it the season he got the armband where he started to go downhill?

Think so, that coupled with Glass being in charge and Considine injured I think ruined his confidence. From what I know he loves it up here so might stick around as see if he can get a coaching gig if not sure the cove Huns would take a punt on him

13 hours ago, Tord31 said:

That was a goodbye from Joe Lewis tonight.

Can anyone remind me who was betting me he wasnt away? It might have been on the transfer rumour thread

WHERE ARE YOU WHERE ARE YOU.

I'll be trawling through every post in the close season

All the best to big Joe. Top player for us and seems a really nice guy. 

Wish we could've given him a proper thank you for his service. 

From 2016-2019 he was undoubtedly the best keeper in Scotland and the best I'd seen at Aberdeen.

A hero.  

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, CCB III said:

All the best to big Joe. Top player for us and seems a really nice guy. 

Wish we could've given him a proper thank you for his service. 

From 2016-2019 he was undoubtedly the best keeper in Scotland and the best I'd seen at Aberdeen.

A hero.  

Yep.  He was top quality for 3 or 4years. Nothing but love for the Neck. ❤️

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...