Aberdeen 2 - 0 Hamilton

What part is bullshit?

The population of the Lothian, Borders and Fife area or Milne being a disaster of a chairman?

You said 30-45 mins from their stadiums there's a 1.5 million catchment area. That is complete bullshit.

We are all entitled to an opinion re the fact we are still playing at a Pittodrie not fit for purpose, and why, but to put all the blame on just 1 person is bullshit.

• Downvote 1

Population of Lothian and Borders at the last census was 920k, Fife 370k.

Add in that Stirling and Falkirk are only 30 miles away then a catchment area of 1.5m isn't too far off the mark.

Over the last 20 years, we've had 3 planning applications to build a new stadium and 2 have failed.

Opportunities to purchase the surrounding ground at Pittodrie and redevelop the existing stadium but didn't.

An opportunity to be part of the sports village development but didn't.

Granted other people was involved in the decision making process however he is the only constant running through the whole stadium debacle.

If he was chairman or CEO in any other business, he would have been out a long time ago.

You said 30-45 mins from their stadiums there's a 1.5 million catchment area. That is complete bullshit.

We are all entitled to an opinion re the fact we are still playing at a Pittodrie not fit for purpose, and why, but to put all the blame on just 1 person is bullshit.

"EDINBURGH AND SOUTH EAST SCOTLAND CITY REGION

With a population of 1.3 million people, representing 24% of the total in Scotland, the region contributes over £33bn of Gross Value Added (GVA) to the Scottish economy. This equates to 30% of the countrys output."

Add in areas to the West it's easily 1.5 million.

Add in that Stirling and Falkirk are only 30 miles away then a catchment area of 1.5m isn't too far off the mark.

Over the last 20 years, we've had 3 planning applications to build a new stadium and 2 have failed.

Opportunities to purchase the surrounding ground at Pittodrie and redevelop the existing stadium but didn't.

Granted other people was involved in the decision making process however he is the only constant running through the whole stadium debacle.

If he was chairman or CEO in any other business, he would have been out a long time ago.

Hasn't even managed to find room in city and shire for a few pitches and a building with a gym/physio etc in 20 years either. If only he had building experience.

• Upvote 1

He is owner chairman and CEO of another business, a very successful building business. I'm no fan of Milne, he's made mistakes as chairman of AFC but if you're going t have a dig at him you could at least come up with something better than the above.

Falkirk, Stirling and fife have more teams some of which are well supported, You argument about hibs and hearts catchment has zero credit because of this. We don't have to compete with any teamfor at least 65 miles.

In saying all that, I'm with RAZOR. Let the jump is worry about the annual attendance trophy, we can focus on getting a new stadium and continuing to build on the park.

Been a while since I signed up for RedTV.... just did but cannae see an obvious option for International. Anyone went through this process lately? Game is on for those that cannae get to the match today.

I can't believe the nonsense I'm responding to this morning.

Edinburgh has a population of around 500k. A huge 150k increase in the last 20 years but all from England or further afield and don't tend to give a fuck about Scottish football.

West Lothian 180k.

East Lothian 100k.

Midlothian 85k.

These are facts.

It will take you around 30 mins just to get from Tynecastle to Easter Road on a Saturday afternoon. I'm not even going to start on the high population areas of East Lothian-stadiums on a Saturday afternoon.

The Borders and Fife? You having a laugh?

Granted, you can get to easter road from Dunfermline in under an hour if you're lucky but you can't be seriously suggesting that Dunfermline is in the standard catchment area for Hearts and Hibs though?

What about other towns with their own teams...Kirkcaldy, there's one... what about Falkirk? That's a good one and under an hour if you're lucky....

Wait a minute, what about Motherwell? About the same travelling time to Tynecastle as Dunfermline to Easter Road.

I could go on but if you don't get it, what's the point. Shutupmegs population statement was utter bullshit. Could get a job with ukip.

He is owner chairman and CEO of another business, a very successful building business. I'm no fan of Milne, he's made mistakes as chairman of AFC but if you're going t have a dig at him you could at least come up with something better than the above.

Milne should have left when he was rescued by the Donalds. But his ego kept him here IMO we would have been heading over 20M in debt by now I'd say.

As for houses , all builders have been constructing poorer & poorer quality houses, with even less size, garden space , yet charging more & more. They can hardly loose.

There is sure to be another housing bubble at this rate , along with other bubbles, due to the failure of capitalism & the rise of corporatism IMO

I can't believe the nonsense I'm responding to this morning.

Edinburgh has a population of around 500k. A huge 150k increase in the last 20 years but all from England or further afield and don't tend to give a fuck about Scottish football.

Which is exactly the same problem, if not greater, that AFC have been saddled with for the past 3 decades. There must be at least 30% of the population of this region that are incomers and who have no affinity to Aberdeen, let alone the football club. Where I live on Deeside, it's like little England!

Are you blaming Milne for having 2 planning applications refused?

. It's what you invest in with the revenue 2 loanees for a year an international centre back who you keep on the bench strikers you should have signed but didn't Hopeing you would creep into the next round of Europa league without spending more money. Maybe if the present management team keep this up. They should use the revenue for a new management team. Hamilton today. My eyes are closed Hamilton next week. Get beat from them Then what.

You should probably just end it all today, nobody should have to suffer like this.

There's also more teams in these areas, fire wouldn't have that many hearts or hibs fans. AFC doesn't have to compete with a rival for support till you hit Dundee.

Fife has shitloads of Hearts & Hibs fans. Probably more so Hearts.

A lot of Edinburgh folk that want a nice bigger house on the cheap have moved to fife, Falkirk, Stirling etc. that has always been the case.

G31DON, on 06 Aug 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

"EDINBURGH AND SOUTH EAST SCOTLAND CITY REGION

With a population of 1.3 million people, representing 24% of the total in Scotland, the region contributes over £33bn of Gross Value Added (GVA) to the Scottish economy. This equates to 30% of the countrys output."

Add in areas to the West it's easily 1.5 million.

That would include the borders and I doubt there are really that many Hibs or Hearts fans coming from deep in the borders region tbh.

Also Fife will have a few Hearts and Hibs fans but not huge numbers really - there are plenty of Fife clubs there and they aren't so far from Dundee either.

Also, depends what you define as "Edinburgh and Soith East" - some sites include West Lothian in there, so when you say "add areas to the west" they might well already be included in that 1.3 million. West Lothian will have Hearts and Hibs fans but also just as many Celtic and Rangers fans (tossers).

Just saying, I don't really give a fck tbh.

Fife has shitloads of Hearts & Hibs fans. Probably more so Hearts.

A lot of Edinburgh folk that want a nice bigger house on the cheap have moved to fife, Falkirk, Stirling etc. that has always been the case.

I grew up in Stirlingshire, Fife and Perthshire. I can confirm that sizeable numbers of Hearts and Hibs fans can be found throughout East Central Scotland, only slightly below the number of arsecheek supporters.

Which is exactly the same problem, if not greater, that AFC have been saddled with for the past 3 decades. There must be at least 30% of the population of this region that are incomers and who have no affinity to Aberdeen, let alone the football club. Where I live on Deeside, it's like little England!

Same out my neck of the woods white settler central here, bunch of cunts too interfering in al, walks of life be it community councils, parent teacher committees and even golf clubs !

I grew up in Stirlingshire, Fife and Perthshire. I can confirm that sizeable numbers of Hearts and Hibs fans can be found throughout East Central Scotland, only slightly below the number of arsecheek supporters.

Not sure about Perthshire, there are hardly any hearts fans around here, considerably less than that of Aberdeen and united for certain.