English Premier League

• 3 weeks later...

I hate these "big" managers.  They get handed $2 billion and get years to build a dream time, but that is always precarious as fuck. And Man City have the, "Curse of the Treble" as most clubs do when they win the Big Three (four if you include the Super Cup) there's nowhere to really go. Haaland should be sold and let him ply his trade at another big club.

Bayern shat it again today against Bochum. Haaland should go there. 

Man Utd have some team when you really get down to it, but they keep failing to control their games when leading. They could  finish in fourth, upcoming Villas games will be EPIC. Next season might be a real turnaround. I like how Hag remains calm and positive amidst all the shit-slinging. Bin that goalie, though, he's a liability, it's like if Lenny Henry played Rene Higuita in comedy sketch. Lenny Higuita. 

Sunday 10 March
13:00 Villa v Spurs
15:45 Liverpool v Man City

Bums... will... squeak...

Man U are 11 points behind Arsenal, 5 behind Villa, whom they beat last Sunday, beat them on Boxing Day, too. I wouldn't write them off, there's 13 games to go.

I know it's fashionable to slag off Man U (and Liverpool, and Arsenal, and...) but at the end of the day, this is Manchester United Football Club, with a great manager and great players, even if they are dicks and knee-taking mongs. 

Two weeks today, they play City, which will be an EPIC CLASH. Could go either way.

Man U shat it in Europe this season, but they'll be back. Not my favourite club, but you have to give them their due.

8 minutes ago, GAME OF BILLIONS said:

Man U are 11 points behind Arsenal, 5 behind Villa, whom they beat last Sunday, beat them on Boxing Day, too. I wouldn't write them off, there's 13 games to go.

I know it's fashionable to slag off Man U (and Liverpool, and Arsenal, and...) but at the end of the day, this is Manchester United Football Club, with a great manager and great players, even if they are dicks and knee-taking mongs. 

Two weeks today, they play City, which will be an EPIC CLASH. Could go either way.

Man U shat it in Europe this season, but they'll be back. Not my favourite club, but you have to give them their due.

You're speaking shite.

No bold words or long spiels changes that.

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, Roberto said:

You're speaking shite.

No bold words or long spiels changes that.

Man U had a terrible start to the season, they have a well dodgy goalie, but overall, they have an excellent side, capable of winning the league, domestic cups (they won the League Cup last season) and doing well in Europe. Hag is a great manager, Højlund may well go on to be one of the greatest players of his era. The Fergie Era spoiled the fans, the expectations are too high, folk need to be realistic and remember that winning at English Premier and UEFA level is a Herculean task season after season.

As I say, part 2 of the Manc Derby is coming up and I can see United beating City. City may end up winning the league, but this idea that they are now THE Manchester club is folly, Man United have been a force in football for over sixty years. Real Madrid have had shit seasons, Juventus have had catastrophes, but clubs at this level are driven by a mania that few other clubs have. There's something about Man City that seems flaky to me, that they won't remain a force in football for twenty years, let alone sixty years. Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal are clubs that will always be huge. Chelsea scaled those heights for a few years and then they dropped off, but I wouldn't write them off, either, that's a club that many great players would gladly sign for.

Bot message has ended, prepare for standby...

In theory, I don't need back up.

Where they are as a club is exactly what they slagged off for years.

Winning a league Cup. Woohoo.

They are where they are because they are shit.

It's amusing because fans of other clubs told them it would happen... they didn't believe it. Now they've became what they hated. League Cup winners and still clinging to it. Class.

38 minutes ago, Roberto said:

In theory, I don't need back up.

Where they are as a club is exactly what they slagged off for years.

Winning a league Cup. Woohoo.

They are where they are because they are shit.

It's amusing because fans of other clubs told them it would happen... they didn't believe it. Now they've became what they hated. League Cup winners and still clinging to it. Class.

Man City got beat by fucking Southampton in that League Cup. Arsenal had the league won last season and fucked it up. Inter Milan were the equal of City in the Champions League Final. City struggled against Atletico Madrid in the Super Cup. City are obviously a great team, but you can see that the pressure gets to them just as it does for every club. When Pep goes, we'll see what that club is really made of. 

It's a question of bottle. The teams that lose their bottle in the final 10 league games. Look at Hearts last season, they had 3rd place in their pocked and fucked it all up. They'll do that again, I reckon. Skill and tactics go out the window as the end draws near. The end of season for England and Germany will be mental. Bayern making a right royal cunt of it. Fat Tongue wasn't enough, he looks slow as fuck after a blistering start. Lazio might bin them in two weeks time.

Can't believe this is 0-0! Loads of chances. Chelsea looked nervous at the start, but they could have been 1-0 ahead on two occasions and Liverpool missed a semi-sitter at the 44th minute. Chelsea lucky not to be down to 10 men and argy-bargy at the end of the first half. Going to be a tasty second half!