English Premier League

15 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

I'll concede when he proves otherwise.

He won three champions leagues on the bounce and was generally outstanding both tactically and in terms of man management. 

12 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Tbf if you take out the ridiculous Hazzard deal he’s not been to heavy handed 

He was also a head coach at a club with a sporting director and President who control transfers. 

Jigsaw with one of the daftest fitba takes ever. 

31 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He won three champions leagues on the bounce and was generally outstanding both tactically and in terms of man management. 

He was also a head coach at a club with a sporting director and President who control transfers. 

Agreed however it would be interesting to see him at another club. They could win the Champions League with Robson in charge, it’s unbelievable how they somehow do it. 

17 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Agreed however it would be interesting to see him at another club. They could win the Champions League with Robson in charge, it’s unbelievable how they somehow do it. 

Yeah. I'm not saying he's the greatest manager on the planet, or even one of them. He's certainly not "a cheque book manager" though, whatever the fuck that is meant to mean. 

19 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Do you watch a lot of La Liga football Parklife?

I'm not setting you up for anything here. I just didn't expect you to be a fan or fitba outwith Scotland. Don't know why.

Watch loads of fitba' from most places. I love fitba'. 

Don't claim to "support" foreign teams though. 

4 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

He's got an Atletico Madrid top.

I've got loads of fitba tops. Mostly from when I've been going to foreign games and I've bought a £12 top off DHGate before going. 

Used to be a shop in Falkirk called "mega sports" which sold loads of obscure/random foreign shirts for cheap too. Bought a few from there for wearing to fives. 

The interest you take in my life is weird, MHD. 

9 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I've no interest in your life, just responding to Roberto's query. You getting paranoid in your old age?

You've remembered some random nonsense from a picture in the WYDT thread about 4 years ago and brought it up in a conversation that didn't even involve you. 😂

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

Did he win the league every year with Madrid? That would be a no, strange that such a genius failed on the week to week stuff.

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

I've got loads of fitba tops. Mostly from when I've been going to foreign games and I've bought a £12 top off DHGate before going. 

Used to be a shop in Falkirk called "mega sports" which sold loads of obscure/random foreign shirts for cheap too. Bought a few from there for wearing to fives. 

The interest you take in my life is weird, MHD. 

Wearing cheap Chinese knock offs does nothing to help support those clubs, it’s quite frankly an insult to them tbh.

The practice of a man who is not comfortable within his own skin 

1 hour ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Did he win the league every year with Madrid? That would be a no, strange that such a genius failed on the week to week stuff.

No one called him a genius. He also won the league 2 out of his 4 seasons.  

He never "failed" on anything. 

23 hours ago, Parklife said:

No one called him a genius. He also won the league 2 out of his 4 seasons.  

He never "failed" on anything. 

Fairly average for Madrid. I just don't rate him - as a manager. I reckon in England he could win the league with Man City but not with any other club. 

9 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Fairly average for Madrid. I just don't rate him - as a manager. I reckon in England he could win the league with Man City but not with any other club. 

Okay. Fair enough. 

However given Pep, widely acknowledged as one of the greatest managers/coaches/tacticians of his generation, has won as many UCL's in about 18 years as Zidane won in 4(5?) though, I don't understand why. 

I'd like to though. What do you think Zidane's weaknesses are that mean he wouldn't be a success at, say for example, Liverpool? 

ZZ is a oddity in management, only ever managed Real Madrid, all on his own terms and when it doesn’t feel right he leaves but doesn’t get another job, been out of football management for nearly 3 years. Not sure you can truly say how “good” he is or isn’t. 

On 5/11/2024 at 6:47 AM, The Gee Man said:

ZZ is a oddity in management, only ever managed Real Madrid, all on his own terms and when it doesn’t feel right he leaves but doesn’t get another job, been out of football management for nearly 3 years. Not sure you can truly say how “good” he is or isn’t. 

Part of the reasons I am reticent to say he's a top manager. Weirdo behaviour. 

On 5/11/2024 at 12:33 AM, Parklife said:

Okay. Fair enough. 

However given Pep, widely acknowledged as one of the greatest managers/coaches/tacticians of his generation, has won as many UCL's in about 18 years as Zidane won in 4(5?) though, I don't understand why. 

I'd like to though. What do you think Zidane's weaknesses are that mean he wouldn't be a success at, say for example, Liverpool? 

Hard to pin it down precise reasons given he has only done the RM gig. It's just a gut feeling I suppose. I get the impression that he wants everything his own way and would throw the toys out the pram if he didn't get it. The argument of CL wins doesn't hold water either unless you rate him above SAF for the same reason. Calum Davidson won two cups in one season here but he was still in the end a pretty shit manager, though your reasoning would put him above most managers in Scottish football history.