Aberdeen 2 - 1 Dundee

It just goes to show what new signings do for support. The last few seasons we've added good players here and there but we all knew what to expect from the majority of the squad. This season a revamp of the squad and some good investment coupled with the manager staying has really got the fans turning up in numbers. Long may it continue.

• Upvote 3

:offtopic:

Andrew Considine says finishing second to Celtic is best that Dons can realistically hope for “I don’t think it’s defeatist. Some people might say, ‘You should be saying you’re going to win the league ,but you have to be honest".

In my opinion that is defeatist.

Anyway 5-0 to the Dons today.

Andrew Considine says finishing second to Celtic is best that Dons can realistically hope for I dont think its defeatist. Some people might say, You should be saying youre going to win the league ,but you have to be honest".

Anyway 5-0 to the Dons today.

It's not defeatist its being honest he's right, I don't mind that but it doesn't mean they won't try its just the way it is.our target is 2nd place and to get as close to the minkers as we can.

Aye all we need to do is spend millions and we'll win the league like Leicester.

He's got a point they spent fuck all really compared to the big 6 with Kante bought for 6 or 7m.i don't think we can do it but had we this team 2 years ago there's every chance we could've when minkers had Ronnie at the helm.

He's a loser, as I've said

. Agreed on that. Think of Goliath Standing there with his finest armour and shining sword. That's Celtic. Along comes David with a homemade sling. That's Aberdeen. Did David say to Goliath you win You can go ahead and kill me No little old David defeated Goliath. With a sling and stone didn't cost nothing but he had one thing and that was belief So Aberdeen can win the title. If they believe they can. Aiming for second best is the cowards way.

We could start by more consistently putting away the shitty teams in the league, and putting in cup final type performances aginst celtic. Defeatism is worrying as it implies lack of self-confidence. I'd ban all talk of second place, it's as stupid as the bravado of saying we're going to win the league. Get stuck in, play with a swagger, and see what happens..

Guest milne_afc

It's all relative

Much they spend compared to man city, Chelsea?

Grow some balls

Shite.

Leicester won the league because the bigger and richer teams beat each other and left a space to exploit for the plucky WKD drinkers.

Not even one team in Scotland can beat the Fenians.

He's a loser, as I've said

Aye OK, Considine is a loser however today he's living the dream by playing his 401st game for Aberdeen today and you're on the internet trying to persuade people that you are a big time city mover & shaker/you're old boy has 3rd degree burns/people born in the UK should be deported.

• Upvote 2

Andrew Considine says finishing second to Celtic is best that Dons can realistically hope for “I don’t think it’s defeatist. Some people might say, ‘You should be saying you’re going to win the league ,but you have to be honest".

Negative suggestions create a self fulfilling prophecy. As do positive ones !

It was not wise of Considine to assert negativity.

• Upvote 1

The team should have the confidence to try and win the league. We have no bragging rights to be arrogant saying we will win the league but at least make the effort to challenge the Tims. We proved in the cup final where their weaknesses are (I know there aren't many) but it can be done. Keep our players focused and not distracted, refreshed and not playing every game when it's not maybe needed. Agreed that first we have to take care of the so called lesser teams but we at least avoided defeat in what's always a tough venue last weekend and then we can look at the big games. Our record last year against the two arse cheeks in general wasn't good enough and add to that it will be tough against Hibs so we know we have a lot to do but in McInnes & Doc we have a management team who don't accept 2nd best

I always have belief we can win the league even if realistically it should be out of reach but if we didn't have that belief then tbh we'd be as well not bothering going to the games and accepting defeat. Might be a total overreaction I know but it's true

• Upvote 1

The team should have the confidence to try and win the league. We have no bragging rights to be arrogant saying we will win the league but at least make the effort to challenge the Tims. We proved in the cup final where their weaknesses are (I know there aren't many) but it can be done. Keep our players focused and not distracted, refreshed and not playing every game when it's not maybe needed. Agreed that first we have to take care of the so called lesser teams but we at least avoided defeat in what's always a tough venue last weekend and then we can look at the big games. Our record last year against the two arse cheeks in general wasn't good enough and add to that it will be tough against Hibs so we know we have a lot to do but in McInnes & Doc we have a management team who don't accept 2nd best

I always have belief we can win the league even if realistically it should be out of reach but if we didn't have that belief then tbh we'd be as well not bothering going to the games and accepting defeat. Might be a total overreaction I know but it's true

Agreed.

If the players of 83 had the same thought as Considine then Real Madrid would have won that match.

He did not have to say anything about ending up in second place.

:happy:

• Upvote 2
Guest milne_afc

Lol

I'm not even angry at you I just genuinely feel sad for you that you would have such an attitude as that's how you must live your life generally then eh?

^^^

Word salad.

Fucking hell, do people really think what the manager and players say in press conferences is what they actually think and talk about when the cameras are off? What the fuck would it achieve for Considine to come out after two games and say, "we're going to win the league". Fuck all but making himself looking like a fanny and putting pressure on every game for the rest of the season.

Were Leicester players coming out after 2 games saying they were going to win the league? No, they weren't even doing it with 6 games left when they were top of the table.

Players are obligated to do press conferences, journalists ask stupid questions and players give tepid, non-committal answers.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If Britain had the attitude of being second during the 2nd world war. You would be governed by a bunch of natzis. Britain fought to win. Considene has a defeatist attitude he could have said he would hope to win the league Not we're not going to win the league Why turn up.

Thats a nice piece of revisionism, makes a change from the usual horse shit you post

you and MT should meet, it would be like watching two cave men converse with each other.

• Upvote 1

. Agreed on that. Think of Goliath Standing there with his finest armour and shining sword. That's Celtic. Along comes David with a homemade sling. That's Aberdeen. Did David say to Goliath you win You can go ahead and kill me No little old David defeated Goliath. With a sling and stone didn't cost nothing but he had one thing and that was belief So Aberdeen can win the title. If they believe they can. Aiming for second best is the cowards way.

If Britain had the attitude of being second during the 2nd world war. You would be governed by a bunch of natzis. Britain fought to win. Considene has a defeatist attitude he could have said he would hope to win the league Not we're not going to win the league Why turn up.

Lay off the crystal meths pal.

MT is kind of right...70-80% of the game is in the mind...hence why the likes of Jack will never reach the next level...Leicester are obviously used as an example...but...Crystal Palace escaping relegation is more immediate... Allardyce came in and they still struggled...quick phone call to our very own Rico and after one week of being hired Crystal Palace start to win and go on to put enough points on the board to beat the drop...coincidence?