Scott Mckenna

What is Mckenna worth?

Personally, i wouldnt sell any promising youngster (and i mean all scottish clubs, except sevco) to engerlund for anything under 1m.

If they realy want the player, pay the right fee. If they dont, we keep them for longer making them better players the clubs down south will come in with a realistic offer.

We need to group together as a league and demand a 2018 fee and not be treated like this by clubs south of the border (except sevco)

Considering we are debt free and aren't in a position to have to sell players along with the fees that other teams are selling young players for etc..

3 million or move on.

Just remember Hearts just sold Walker (prone to injuries) for 300k while he had 6 months left. McKenna is a greater talent with 4 years on his contract, a future Scotland International (not saying much) and potential captain. Andy Roberston was bought (by Hull City) for around 3 million playing for a lesser team.

That bid from Hull is actually embarrassing. Have we as a club seriously developed a reputation for selling our players for peanuts. Frustrating to see clubs such Utd, Hibs, hearts and Motherwell sell their players for large amounts.

Considering we are debt free and aren't in a position to have to sell players along with the fees that other teams are selling young players for etc..

3 million or move on.

Just remember Hearts just sold Walker (prone to injuries) for 300k while he had 6 months left. McKenna is a greater talent with 4 years on his contract, a future Scotland International (not saying much) and potential captain. Andy Roberston was bought (by Hull City) for around 3 million playing for a lesser team.

That bid from Hull is actually embarrassing. Have we as a club seriously developed a reputation for selling our players for peanuts. Frustrating to see clubs such Utd, Hibs, hearts and Motherwell sell their players for large amounts.

Large amounts? Other than Armstrong, none of those clubs has sold anyone for a large amount recently.

3 million or move on.

I cant be bothered looking myself - who have Utd, hibs, hearts and Motherwell sold recently for large amounts?

I cant be bothered looking myself - who have Utd, hibs, hearts and Motherwell sold recently for large amounts?

United sold Armstrong, Robertson and Gauld for millions, Hibs sold Brown, Thomson and some left back to Brum for £1.5 million (can't recall his name, Murphy maybe?). Hearts got £9 million for Gordon, £2 million for Driver.

Ok none really that recent but the money in English football has (sickeningly) increased hugely since then so you could argue we should be demanding even more.

Not sure about Motherwell? They just got £400 or £500k for Moult who was out of contract in the summer. Not a huge sum but still higher than Hulls insult of an offer

United sold Armstrong, Robertson and Gauld for millions, Hibs sold Brown, Thomson and some left back to Brum for £1.5 million (can't recall his name, Murphy maybe?). Hearts got £9 million for Gordon, £2 million for Driver.

Ok none really that recent but the money in English football has (sickeningly) increased hugely since then so you could argue we should be demanding even more.

Not sure about Motherwell? They just got £400 or £500k for Moult who was out of contract in the summer. Not a huge sum but still higher than Hulls insult of an offer

So not recently for hearts and hibs? Funny fhat

No none recently but as I said the money in England has increased big time since then.

Tims have sold plenty for silly money

The money in English football has been ridiculous for years though.

Part of the reason we havent sold players for a lot of money is that, well, the ones we have sold have been mostly shite!

• Upvote 1

Dundee Utd sold David Goodwillie for over 3 million to Blackburn. Nadir Ciftci to Celtic for 1.9 million. Ryan Gauld to Sporting Lisbon for 2.5 million. Andy Roberston to HULL CITY for 3.3 million.

Hibs only last year sold Jason Cummings (never scored a goal in Scottish top flight football) for over 1 million to Nottingham forest and John McGinn supposedly is going to be sold for several millions.

Hearts sold Osman Sow for 1.8 million to HN Jianye. Hearts were going to sell Callum Paterson for over 1 million before his leg break - looking at newspaper articles of the time - near 2 million.

St Johnstone sold Stevie May for 1 million to Sheff Wednesday.

Kilmarnock received 1 million for Souleymane Coulibaly from Ahly.

Hamilton sold Tony Andreu to Norwich for an estimated 1.3 million. Lee Hendrie to for 1.2 million to West Ham. James McCarthy to Everton for 1.2 million

I'll give you this as this is pushing it but James McFadden sold to Everton for 1.3 million in 2003.

I noticed we sold Fyvie for 500k and Ryan Fraser for 400k. That same year Hearts sold David Templeton for 900k. The Hayes fee to Celtic for 1.3 million is the highest fee we've ever received prior to that it was Russel Anderson to Sunderland for 1 million.

As NEM pointed out that the money being spent on players has increased significantly even within the past 2 years. With that in mind, 300k for McKenna is shocking.

• Upvote 2

Dundee Utd sold David Goodwillie for over 3 million to Blackburn. Nadir Ciftci to Celtic for 1.9 million. Ryan Gauld to Sporting Lisbon for 2.5 million. Andy Roberston to HULL CITY for 3.3 million.

Hibs only last year sold Jason Cummings (never scored a goal in Scottish top flight football) for over 1 million to Nottingham forest and John McGinn supposedly is going to be sold for several millions.

Hearts sold Osman Sow for 1.8 million to HN Jianye. Hearts were going to sell Callum Paterson for over 1 million before his leg break - looking at newspaper articles of the time - near 2 million.

Hamilton sold Tony Andreu to Norwich for an estimated 1.3 million. Lee Hendrie to for 1.2 million to West Ham. James McCarthy to Everton for 1.2 million

I'll give you this as this is pushing it but James McFadden sold to Everton for 1.3 million in 2003.

I noticed we sold Fyvie for 500k and Ryan Fraser for 400k. That same year Hearts sold David Templeton for 900k. The Hayes fee to Celtic for 1.3 million is the highest fee we've ever received prior to that it was Russel Anderson to Sunderland for 1 million.

As NEM pointed out that the money being spent on players has increased significantly even within the past 2 years. With that in mind, 300k for McKenna is shocking.

Wasn't Jess to Coventry £1.2M?

A lot of these recent transfers seem to be a while ago. Goodwiilie to Blackburn?! 7 years ago

Mccarthy went 9 years ago. I dont pay much attention, but what players have Hamilton sold recently? Andreu or whatever his name is was bought by Alex neil!

Hearts were going to sell Paterson for millions, but didnt.

Anyway, given how a lot of the players weve sold for peanuts have progressed, Id say weve not been done at all. Ryan fraser was mismanaged, the rest have turned out average

Mckenna is worth a lot more than 300k, Ive never disagreed. I just dont think the players weve sold over the last few years have been very good. Hence the fees

A lot of these recent transfers seem to be a while ago. Goodwiilie to Blackburn?! 7 years ago

Mccarthy went 9 years ago. I dont pay much attention, but what players have Hamilton sold recently? Andreu or whatever his name is was bought by Alex neil!

Hearts were going to sell Paterson for millions, but didnt.

Anyway, given how a lot of the players weve sold for peanuts have progressed, Id say weve not been done at all. Ryan fraser was mismanaged, the rest have turned out average

Mckenna is worth a lot more than 300k, Ive never disagreed. I just dont think the players weve sold over the last few years have been very good. Hence the fees

I actually agree, we haven't had any players worthy of a top fee. Although I do feel other clubs in our league (outside the OF) would command higher fees for our players. Having said that we are no longer in a position were we have to sell our players and so I expect us to only sell at the right price.

I actually agree, we haven't had any players worthy of a top fee. Although I do feel other clubs in our league (outside the OF) would command higher fees for our players. Having said that we are no longer in a position were we have to sell our players and so I expect us to only sell at the right price.

We have a different mindset now. And better people surrounding the right arse chairman!

700K is what St Johnstone took for May. Ridiculous considering how excellent he was at that point.

People seem to have valuations backwards. It's not what a player is worth to a guffy club, that's irrelevant. It's what a player is worth to us. In McKennas case thats potentially a Scottish Cup and the Europa groups. 3 million or fuck off.