Scott Mckenna

Your question reveals a complete lack of understanding. You're looking at this the wrong way. A failure to promote youth isn't going to be proved or validated by the talents he failed to develop shining elsewhere. He's only been here 4 years anyway. If you don't understand the function of management - and how could you? - just shut the fuck up and listen.

Did you ever manage to answer?

It's a good sign of his progress and the news will probably alert other teams in the EFL, if they haven't sent scouts already.

Hopefully it doesn't distract him. He needs more games but if he does continue to improve he may well be sold in the summer. We shouldn't let him go for anything less than £3m with add ons and a percentage of re-sale value as he could end up in the EPL (yes, I do think he has that potential).

Del Said:

"There will be a time when Scott will move on and he will be sold at some point, but it certainly is not going to be in this window," said McInnes.

"It will be when we feel he is going to be the player that he is going to be, hopefully on the back of breaking into the Scotland team and after playing 100 to 150 games for us."

Essentially he wont go until millions are paid in exchange for him. Quite right - obvious to us all that Scott is a terrific terrific big winner.

Much like the plan for Ryan Jack, Kenny McLean and Graeme Shinnie then.

Aye haha - the past has treated us poorly at times; but no more son...in a few years or so, there will be McKenna greeting like a big baby, as he says goodbye - off to sign for PSG, for 27 million. 'I LOVE YOUS!' he'll exclaim, kissing his fingers and raising them up to the crowd, and doing that double cupped hand heart thing.

Another false footballers empty gesture. He says he loves us but that doesn't stop him leaving us for our biggest rivals who just two months previous beat us in the Champions League final.

I can read fine and in no way is McKenna as yet anywhere near as good as Hector. Both when he was with us and now.

McKenna has played 16 games in Scotland's top division including two pumpings from Celtic and two pumpings from Sevco.

He is a player of promise and a player with lots to learn. Hector is a Chelsea player who has more than proved himself in England's second tier. I would swap McKenna for Hector any day of the Week

Hector was good but not as good as you are making out he was with us. He was fast. He played a few games at right back also.

In his 20 games for us he maybe had about half a dozen good games. Much like McKenna is now, he was raw but what McKenna maybe loses on Hector in speed. He more than makes up in size & strength. Hector also had the advantage of not having to play Sevco & what is now a very good Celtic side.

If I had to choose between Hector when we had him & McKenna now. I would choose McKenna.

He's never played for Chelsea first team, so glamming him up in your post as a Chelsea player is a bit OTT.

Doncomitant is not far off the mark in terms of both players form & abilities with us. He only went back down to reading because of an injury crisis & then took his chance.

A number of you seem to think that something big has changed and that these days are over.

It's still Milne in charge. How has he changed? Where are you all getting your confidence from?

It's time the whole of Scottish football stopped selling players on the cheap, Aberdeen FC are the worst out of the lot.

Only because we HAVE players to sell on...I doubt very much that the likes of Southampton or Crystal Palace are looking at any Ross County defenders, or a St Johnstone forward...

Guest RosemountRed

Only because we HAVE players to sell on...

No, it's because our owner was spineless and far too happy to accept offers and unwilling to see how much football has moved on and how much money English clubs (Champ and PL) now have.

All Scottish clubs have players to sell on, so your point is utter nonsense.

No, it's because our owner was spineless and far too happy to accept offers and unwilling to see how much football has moved on and how much money English clubs (Champ and PL) now have.

All Scottish clubs have players to sell on, so your point is utter nonsense.

Who have we sold on the cheap ?...that we could realistically got a significantly higher transfer fee for ?

Fraser,grimmer being 2 far to good quality of player fucking off without as much as a goodbye or leave.could have got serious money for both if we had the guts to tell them to do one.ones ripping up the epl the other touted as being one of the best right backs in the championship

• Downvote 3