Scott Mckenna

Fraser,grimmer being 2 far to good quality of player fucking off without as much as a goodbye or leave.could have got serious money for both if we had the guts to tell them to do one.ones ripping up the epl the other touted as being one of the best right backs in the championship

Touted as the best right backs in the Championship? Are you pissed?

He played 14 games for Fulham then loaned out to Port Vale and Shrewsbury. Now playing in League 2 for fucking Coventry.

I would prefer that we didn't sell good footballers but that we had the ambition to become a good football team ourselves.

I agree. McInnes comments on McKenna, insisting he WILL leave, are pretty telling. Obviously its likely someone of his ability will eventually move to a higher level. McInnes saying it so matter of factly and publically, in my opinion, is why we arent goning to win another trophy under his guidance. He also said last week Celtic should be disappointed if they dont win the treble. Whilst I admit hes done a good job for us, his ambition is frightening. It seems like hes content having a good win percentage for the sake of getting a good gig after Aberdeen. Hes no interest in banging down doors and calling things out for what they are. A Scottish football yes man, if you will. When your whole club is prioritising a new stadium over winning trophies (seemingly) youve got to question the people in management positions. Hes already making excuses for having another empty trophy cabinet this year. And touting our players for bigger and better things, which there no doubt are, but your manager shouldnt come out and say as much. Glass ceiling folks. There for all to see.

I agree. McInnes comments on McKenna, insisting he WILL leave, are pretty telling. Obviously its likely someone of his ability will eventually move to a higher level. McInnes saying it so matter of factly and publically, in my opinion, is why we arent goning to win another trophy under his guidance. He also said last week Celtic should be disappointed if they dont win the treble. Whilst I admit hes done a good job for us, his ambition is frightening. It seems like hes content having a good win percentage for the sake of getting a good gig after Aberdeen. Hes no interest in banging down doors and calling things out for what they are. A Scottish football yes man, if you will. When your whole club is prioritising a new stadium over winning trophies (seemingly) youve got to question the people in management positions. Hes already making excuses for having another empty trophy cabinet this year. And touting our players for bigger and better things, which there no doubt are, but your manager shouldnt come out and say as much. Glass ceiling folks. There for all to see.

Reality.

Tell me which clubs know or would state that players would never look to move on and get more money for themselves.

I'll hang up and listen.

• Upvote 1

Reality.

Tell me which clubs know or would state that players would never look to move on and get more money for themselves.

I'll hang up and listen.

Its not on about stating they wouldnt, I acknowledged there are better opportunities out there than AFC. Its anout not saying anything...publically stating McKenna will leave just not yet typifies McInnes view of Aberdeen. Rather than try and make us a genuine force that consistently wins trophies, hed rather like to secure a good win percentage to point to so he can use it to leverage a better move for himself and for his players. Will be 4 years since the LC win in March. Are you telling me you arent disappointed with our trophy hall since then? Down to management all over the club. Happy to let us be the 2nd place try hards, but unwilling to allow us to serious blow the house down and show we mean fucking business.

Its not on about stating they wouldnt, I acknowledged there are better opportunities out there than AFC. Its anout not saying anything...publically stating McKenna will leave just not yet typifies McInnes view of Aberdeen. Rather than try and make us a genuine force that consistently wins trophies, hed rather like to secure a good win percentage to point to so he can use it to leverage a better move for himself and for his players. Will be 4 years since the LC win in March. Are you telling me you arent disappointed with our trophy hall since then? Down to management all over the club. Happy to let us be the 2nd place try hards, but unwilling to allow us to serious blow the house down and show we mean fucking business.

Think its more of a cabinet.

What is your actual point?

That McInnes isn't good enough a manager to win us multiple trophies.

We were in 2 finals last year (well we turned up for 1) if it wasn't for the Tim juggernaut, we'd likely have won one.

Him saying what he said re McKenna is a statement of reality and also a message to young players, their families and player agents.

I mean ffs what's he supposed to say.

We'll never sell McKenna, there will never be a better opportunity for him than here.

That's nonsense fan chat.

We were in 2 finals last year (well we turned up for 1) if it wasn't for the Tim juggernaut, we'd likely have won one.

Him saying what he said re McKenna is a statement of reality and also a message to young players, their families and player agents.

We'll never sell McKenna, there will never be a better opportunity for him than here.

Precisely.

McInnes should be more concerned with keeping the good players onside than worrying about a proportion of fans moaning online.

This place is evidence enough that it's impossible to please everyone at the same time.

It really is that easy. Just win all the time. Makes you wonder why we dont do it.

Ive outlined what he should say- nothing. I think we all thought after the LC win in 2014 it would be the start of a successful period. Since then weve been second in everything, fair to feel disappointed. Not raging, just disappointed.

Fraser was out of contract was he not and did not want to re sign and we got training money that's it ??? Unless i'm mistaking ?

Correct.

Seems that there is always a line of idiots queuing up to complain about how the club 'always gives in and sells players for peanuts', without ever being able to provide the names of all those players.

If there is any criticism to be levelled at the board or previous management, it should be the inability to tie promising players down on longer term deals. Although only a couple of recent players spring to mind. That said, if a player has been advised by his representatives to see out his contract and leave on a free or advised to sign a contract only if it contains an option to leave for a low fee, I'm not sure what a club like Aberdeen would be expected to do.

St mirren couldn't do anything about Mclean leaving for peanuts, ICT likewise with Shinnie on a free etc etc.

Thankfully though, the stability on and off the field that we enjoy right now should help to convince the younger players to properly commit to longer term deals as it is proving so with many of the older players.

Mckenna doesn't want to leave right now so we don't have to sell him.

Correct.

Seems that there is always a line of idiots queuing up to complain about how the club 'always gives in and sells players for peanuts', without ever being able to provide the names of all those players.

If there is any criticism to be levelled at the board or previous management, it should be the inability to tie promising players down on longer term deals. Although only a couple of recent players spring to mind. That said, if a player has been advised by his representatives to see out his contract and leave on a free or advised to sign a contract only if it contains an option to leave for a low fee, I'm not sure what a club like Aberdeen would be expected to do.

St mirren couldn't do anything about Mclean leaving for peanuts, ICT likewise with Shinnie on a free etc etc.

Thankfully though, the stability on and off the field that we enjoy right now should help to convince the younger players to properly commit to longer term deals as it is proving so with many of the older players.

Nail on the head , min

Correct.

spot on, well said

I believe that Scot McKenna is our future, Arnason has taught him well and it is now time to let him lead the way.
Show him all the beauty he possess inside the box. Give him a sense of pride, to make it easier. Make him happy & let his laughter remind us how we use to be.

We have long been searching for another hero, we need someone to look up to.
We haven't found anyone who fulfilled our need for so long, it has been a lonely place to be, and so we learned to accept years of mediocrity

I believe that Scot McKenna is our future, Arnason has taught him well and it is now time to let him lead the way.

Show him all the beauty he possess inside the box. Give him a sense of pride, to make it easier. Make him happy & let his laughter remind us how we use to be.

We have long been searching for another hero, we need someone to look up to.

We haven't found anyone who fulfilled our need for so long, it has been a lonely place to be, and so we learned to accept years of mediocrity

You just ripped off my Nwakali song!

Get the fuckin heating on you need to dry your bedsheets.

McInnes saying McKenna will leave one day was him talking up the player, not talking down the club. It's also a common sense approach to take with a player who is getting interest from bigger clubs but not ones as big as we think will be in for him in future. Instead of McKenna thinking Hull is his big chance he's having the belief instilled in him that he is better than Hull and if he sticks at it here and continues to perform then he'll get a much bigger move. A lot of the attraction for players to come to AFC under McInnes' reign has been his openness and honesty and showing that the club isn't full of cunts who'll hold players back.

• Upvote 1

Get the fuckin heating on you need to dry your bedsheets.

McInnes saying McKenna will leave one day was him talking up the player, not talking down the club. It's also a common sense approach to take with a player who is getting interest from bigger clubs but not ones as big as we think will be in for him in future. Instead of McKenna thinking Hull is his big chance he's having the belief instilled in him that he is better than Hull and if he sticks at it here and continues to perform then he'll get a much bigger move. A lot of the attraction for players to come to AFC under McInnes' reign has been his openness and honesty and showing that the club isn't full of cunts who'll hold players back.

Aye, that's the way I read McKinnes' comments too

another attempt by Adkins and Hull to try to make interest public & try to unsettle our player

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nigel Adkins has admitted he is poised to make a third bid for Aberdeen centre-back Scott McKenna.

The Hull City boss has already seen two bids rejected by the Dons, but that hasn't killed his hopes of signing the 21-year-old.

During Aberdeen's winter break in Dubai, Derek McInnes stated that McKenna would not be leaving Pittodrie.

Speaking to the Hull Daily Mail, Adkins said: “Aberdeen obviously want to keep the player, he’s a very young and talented player and we’ve had a couple of bids that have gone in.

“Who knows what will happen through the course of the transfer window. We like the player a lot, that’s public and we’ve put a little bid in there, conversations will go on above me and we just have to wait and see.

“If it were our player, we’d be saying he’s not for sale, if they asked if Jarrod Bowen was for sale, we don’t want to sell him, he’s a player for the future. However, if business happens further down the line then who knows but that’s beyond me at this moment in time.

“There’s been two bids gone in, conversations have gone on and there’s a good chance they will carry on. Aberdeen has made their stance known, as they should be doing.”

The Tigers are currently 20th in the English Championship and are just three points off the bottom.