Aberdeen V Kilmarnock

Part of our problem this season so far is not getting enough deliveries into the box; we're playing in front of teams too much. GMS playing on the left gives you that. We're setting up more often this season with players cutting in on their good foot rather than out-and-out wingers being more direct getting to the bye-line. In my view this is why our strikers haven't been too prolific so far. I think our best performance this season was probably at Dingwall and GMS contributed to that in large part.

If fit, I'd play him tomorrow and drop Wright, who I thought was poor last week. Wright will learn in time that against teams like Hearts under Levein he won't be allowed too many touches on the ball; one of his big naiveties at the moment is taking that extra touch, but he's going to be a top player if he keeps his levels up.

Seeing as I never mentioned mr langfield, but did call out a poster who was trying to create some sort drama with GMS...

No you didn't; my q was more rhetorical than aimed towards any individual.

In the midst of your comment about referencing our unfortunate influx of bed-wetters (though on this occasion I suspect the individual poster in Q might just have been taking the piss rather that losing it), the fact that somebody mentioned our most famous incontinent former player (The Magaluf Incident) was an open goal to have a go at our resident piss-soaked screamers.

...with his delivery into the box you mean?.....

That's the obvious one yes, but although I'd had a heavy pre-match build-up, my recollection was that he made a very positive contribution that day and other than the first 2 minutes our team clicked very well for longer spells in this game than in any other. But as you say further back the thread there's going to be games that may be more suitable for Wright/Christie/Stewart to play in the wide positions. It's good to have the options but for anyone to decide GMS has been shite is just utter nonsense, though not particularly surprising given the level of incontinence round these parts these days...

In the midst of your comment about referencing our unfortunate influx of bed-wetters (though on this occasion I suspect the individual poster in Q might just have been taking the piss rather that losing it), the fact that somebody mentioned our most famous incontinent former player (The Magaluf Incident) was an open goal to have a go at our resident piss-soaked screamers.

That's the obvious one yes, but although I'd had a heavy pre-match build-up, my recollection was that he made a very positive contribution that day and other than the first 2 minutes our team clicked very well for longer spells in this game than in any other. But as you say further back the thread there's going to be games that may be more suitable for Wright/Christie/Stewart to play in the wide positions. It's good to have the options but for anyone to decide GMS has been shite is just utter nonsense, though not particularly surprising given the level of incontinence round these parts these days...

Nor Rooney (unless he drops Maclean, high balls etc etc)

In the midst of your comment about referencing our unfortunate influx of bed-wetters (though on this occasion I suspect the individual poster in Q might just have been taking the piss rather that losing it), the fact that somebody mentioned our most famous incontinent former player (The Magaluf Incident) was an open goal to have a go at our resident piss-soaked

Ah ha! Sorry, got you now - slow on the uptake today (well slower than usual) - in the middle of packing up the gaff to move out.

That and I thought bwg wasn't being serious.

That's my excuses anyway. Carry on

Christie is very effective at cutting in from the right hand channel and I think he will continue to be deployed there more often that not, but it likely means fewer crosses coming in from that side during the game. Some games that will be effective, it narrows the front four but it means the players have to be ultra sharp to find and create the spaces and clear-cut chances; the margins are finer but when it clicks (it hasn't yet this season other than very short spells) it can be devastating; see our performances against Motherwell and Partick earlier in the year.

Guest the shepherd

Lewis

Logan O'Conner Reynolds Considine

McLean Shinnie

Stewart Christie Wright

May

3-0 Aberdeen, #NoSurrenderKennyMclean

Mountains.

Lewis

Logan O'Connor Reynolds Considine

Christie Shinnie McLean Wright

Rooney Mackie