Scottish Cup 2017/18

Bit premature to be speaking about beating Celtic in the final when it's Killie and Motherwell first. Two teams who have fucked us already this season.

Absolutely no way were in that final on current performances

Eh, we've not lost to Kilmarnock this season so far. Two wins and two draws

BT have the CL these days.

So they might be looking for something to fill in a slot.

Sky have first pick, BBC second. You would think one of them might take it.

Think it's more that this pish UEFA rule means there cant be live tv games on at the same time as the Champions League. English competitions have ignored it in the past but the fine is pocket-change to them.

Good son - I'll wear a red rose in my lapel.

Team Silverware:

Dad

RAZOR

From the embers of bewilderment, a shimmer of light gleams through. This journey will end with Graeme holding up the Cup.

Just stop this now Dad you havering senile auld cunt, you and your 'Team Whatevers' are clearly a massive fucking jinx.

• Upvote 1

Are you surprised at the caliber of a Scottish football hack? These are among the most worthless, servile individuals on planet earth.

Also perpetuates this 'Old Firm' myth that his employers rely upon... would be funny if it weren't so tragic.

They (journalists in general) have no scruples. They only care about pleasing the majority rather than balanced reporting.

It's a disgusting profession as the majority within it are so dishonest & disrespectful. Even to the profession itself. Then you have your twats (bloggers) like Katie Hopkins that thinks just being controversial is enough.

Only ones I have any respect for are the ones that are willing to speak the truth regardless of consequence & those that will put themselves in danger to report from war zones etc.

:hysterical:

At which point in the last 10 defeats to Celtic did you think we can beat them at Hampden? Or in the last 3 games to Rangers? Even if they have 10 men.

This team and manager are losers. Face reality.

I think with it being a final with the comradery of the cup, one off game and final day of the football calendar it makes any NORMAL person think they are in with a fighting chance.

We're not a bad side and capable of giving anyone on our day a game. After all, its 11 men vs 12 men at the end of the day. Anything can happen, right?

There's nowhere in the world I'd rather be at 3pm on Scottish Cup Final day than in Hampden (Murrayfield), with my mates in amongst the Dandies end watching Aberdeen take field.

So fucking right I think we'll win the cup and fuck you for saying we wont.

Maybe just me.

COYR

• Upvote 6

I think with it being a final with the comradery of the cup, one off game and final day of the football calendar it makes any NORMAL person think they are in with a fighting chance.

We're not a bad side and capable of giving anyone on our day a game. After all, its 11 men vs 12 men at the end of the day. Anything can happen, right?

There's nowhere in the world I'd rather be at 3pm on Scottish Cup Final day than in Hampden (Murrayfield), with my mates in amongst the Dandies end watching Aberdeen take field.

Maybe just me.

COYR

What he said

It's not meant to be easy. If it was we would win cups every year.

Try not to be too negative though.

It's not meant to be desperately boring & predictable either.

We used to all be football FANATICS.

We are all spending our money on supporting our team. We are allowed to be critical when we feel it is not being well spent.

Besides. what is wrong with being overly negative when things are not good enough? Our best ever manager was the fkn king of this.

I do think we will get to the final.

I have learned enough this season alone not to convince myself we can beat the arse cheeks on final day though. Even considering last seasons final.

We have only gone backwards in terms of big games since that point & the more & more negative we seem to play in them.

Maybe just me.

COYR

Lovely stuff.

I welled up a little reading that. Braveheart quality

Fuck u Abzred u fucking big girl's blouse

I don't buy the whole "demons" thing. Our best performance against Celtic last season came in the Scottish Cup final months after our worst performance at the same venue. If anything, I think some of our boys would love another chance to play that game again and getting them in the final again essentially gives them that chance.

I love the fact Rangers haven't actually won a major trophy since 2012 (if you want to say in their history then go for it, not an issue I care deeply about) and I'd like to keep that going for as long as possible, so I don't want them even getting close. Any of the Old Firm experiencing a trophy draught like what the rest of us experience can only humble them.

Don't get me wrong, beating them in a final would be sweet, but I really, really want us to put the Celtic horror shows to bed first (The two finals last year, the two semis a few years before, the 2000 league cup final - they all still rankle) and if it blows their double-treble then superb.

I agree with you in that I love the fact Rangers haven't won a major trophy for 6 years. Long may that continue!

I'm just looking at this purely with my AFC hat on. I think we have a better chance of beating them than Celtic in a final. Especially given the fact the vast majority of the hun squad are not major trophy winning hardened in the way Celtic's squad are. They might feel under more pressure on the day especially after what happened to them two years ago in the SC final. Plus the major bonus of Ryan Christie being eligible to play. Oh and how sweet it would be to beat them and extend their trophy drought.