Scotland V The Netherlands

Thats the problem with having a mutant like Boyd on a panel show like that, he just doesn't have the ability to back up his opinion with any sensible facts. Boyd said Shinnie hasn't been picked before because he isn't good enough.Tom English's argument was that how do you know he isn't good enough if he doesn't get his chance and Boyd's response was because he has seen him play at Aberdeen and he isn't good enough.

That attitude isn't just that of Boyd's, but almost of every recent manager that has got a Scotland Job. Scottish Football is downtrodden by the very people who should be protecting and backing it. Is it any wonder that even players are taking this attitude that the players playing in Scotland aren't good enough unless they are a hun or a tim.

Latest manager, Malky Mackay... who won't be manager.

Every manager before, pretty much became a 'yes man' / listen to the media man.

Scottish National side is a bogey. I'm unfortunately sure that they won't qualify for a tournament any time soon, like well after 2022. They'll continue to get it wrong.

That will change IF, they change the product from top to bottom and stop picking yes men, and the cunts running it GTF and allow fresh ideas.

That said, good luck to those going Thursday, hope Scotland win.

Hope they get fucking destroyed and any non dons players get broken legs.

Fuck Scotland and fuck Malky Mackay. Big fucking serpent that he is.

Saved me posting a long comment. Cheers.

Thats the problem with having a mutant like Boyd on a panel show like that, he just doesn't have the ability to back up his opinion with any sensible facts. Boyd said Shinnie hasn't been picked before because he isn't good enough.Tom English's argument was that how do you know he isn't good enough if he doesn't get his chance and Boyd's response was because he has seen him play at Aberdeen and he isn't good enough.

That attitude isn't just that of Boyd's, but almost of every recent manager that has got a Scotland Job. Scottish Football is downtrodden by the very people who should be protecting and backing it. Is it any wonder that even players are taking this attitude that the players playing in Scotland aren't good enough unless they are a hun or a tim.

If Shinnie, McLean and Christie were at Sevco, Boyd would have no problem with them getting a call up, of that I am certain.

Our nation broadcaster allowed itself to be used by Boyd to attempt to sledge opposition players.

Boyd is lower than a snakes belly.

Just listened to it.

Boyd was massively out of order and I hope Shinnie goes right through him the next time we play Killie.

Fair play to Stewart and English for putting Boyd back in his box.

Christie and Shinnie absolutely deserve to be in the reckoning for Scotland squads going forwards. I don't think either are going to be first choice picks barring injuries to other players, but absolutely they deserve to be in the squad.

Jack and McLean I tend to agree with Boyd on. Just not his method of conveying his opinion.

In what way min?

He's a professional footballer. Look at the fucking state of him.

Was discussing Boyd with a Hun fan at work (and he surprisingly agreed with me). Boyd's height of his ambition was to play for Rangers. As soon as that was accomplished, that was it. No attempt to better himself as a footballer. He was rarely used in the big games for Rangers because he was lazy, yet Scotland managers were criticised for the same decision. He went to a few other teams since and still made no effort to get himself near the condition a top-level footballer should be in.

I'd argue he went back to Killie instead of joining Dundee United or ourselves because he would have had to do more than stand about waiting for the ball to drop to him.

He's a professional footballer. Look at the fucking state of him.

Was discussing Boyd with a Hun fan at work (and he surprisingly agreed with me). Boyd's height of his ambition was to play for Rangers. As soon as that was accomplished, that was it. No attempt to better himself as a footballer. He was rarely used in the big games for Rangers because he was lazy, yet Scotland managers were criticised for the same decision. He went to a few other teams since and still made no effort to get himself near the condition a top-level footballer should be in.

I'd argue he went back to Killie instead of joining Dundee United or ourselves because he would have had to do more than stand about waiting for the ball to drop to him.

Bit odd. He's a professional footballer, captain of his local club, playing in the top division in the country, still banging in the goals at 34? Long since made enough money to see him right for the rest of his/familys life and now getting the odd gig in the media.

He's surely living the dream?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bit odd. He's a professional footballer, captain of his local club, playing in the top division in the country, still banging in the goals at 34? Long since made enough money to see him right for the rest of his/familys life and now getting the odd gig in the media.

He's surely living the dream?

He gets a gig at Kilmarnock due to his previous history there. It's a shambles of a club, who are happy for their captain to spit Hun rhetoric on a near daily basis.

He has natural talent that he could have done so much more with.

In regards to money, I've never met the lad but would happily wager that just through listening to him and watching him on tv, I doubt he has the intelligence to keep his money tucked away. see Ferguson, Barry.

More anti AFC rhetoric in the press today regarding treatment of the rat.

It's almost as if they are trying to induce booing of Jack so they can castigate the Aberdeen section of the crowd / Dons fans in general.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/15644242.Malky_Mackay__Tartan_Army_should_leave_club_allegiances_at_home_and_get_behind_Rangers__Ryan_Jack/

Just fuck off.

Convieniently forgetting that for decades celtic and rangers (rip) players got booed by rival old firm (rip) fans at Hampden internationals

As for the Boyd rant, it sounds like hes sunk a few Buckfasts or on something...why do the media give airtime to helmets like him?

He gets a gig at Kilmarnock due to his previous history there. It's a shambles of a club, who are happy for their captain to spit Hun rhetoric on a near daily basis.

He has natural talent that he could have done so much more with.

In regards to money, I've never met the lad but would happily wager that just through listening to him and watching him on tv, I doubt he has the intelligence to keep his money tucked away. see Ferguson, Barry.

This x100

Unbelievably gifted striker - but was happy just to rest on his laurels and get by doing the bare minimum.

I don't think I've seen a more natural Scottish goalscorer in my lifetime. Boyd could have been so much more if he'd applied himself/given a rats ass.

This x100

Unbelievably gifted striker - but was happy just to rest on his laurels and get by doing the bare minimum.

I don't think I've seen a more natural Scottish goalscorer in my lifetime. Boyd could have been so much more if he'd applied himself/given a rats ass.

Aye, to be fair to Razor I've nae really explained it well. Just my opinion that Boyd had so much potential that he had no intention of fulfilling once he made it to the Huns.

I'd love us to have a squad of 20 players who dreamed of playing for Aberdeen. I wouldn't want that to be the height of their ambition though.

His rant was completely incompetent. Nobody was saying shinnie would get in at left back. Also nobody is saying he should start in midfield ahead of brown, Armstrong or McGregor. But he is definitely worthy of squad spot in comparison to some of the idiots we have had in the squad previously. His comments about how the celtic midfield ran over the top of him and mclean last week are correct but our midfield dominated john mcginn just the week before and have done on a couple of occasions now so on his argument then Christie mclean and shinnie should be ahead of him in the squad.

Boyd sounds like he is all for English based players, mentioning barry douglas, paul coutts and kevin McDonald. I am sure these guys are all working well within there respective teams but for me none of them would come up here and demand a place in our team ahead of Christie,shinnie or mclean. I like the fact malky has went for a lot of home based scots or scots who grew up through our clubs youth ranks as it hasn't worked using these English guys with Scottish grannys. Kris Boyd is exactly what is wrong with the Scottish game.