Next Aberdeen Manager

My understanding was the Jack Ross was DM recommendation back in the summer which was pushed by GY. Whether Cormack coming in has changed anything, no idea. Also depends who applies for the job or even if they take applicants. Im very content having Barry Robson as manager for the next couple of games, hes got a football brain.

DM recommendation in the summer was Alan Archibald however the board made a decision that if McInnes went they would be speaking to Jack Ross as the preferred replacement. The likes of Craig Brown, Russell Anderson & various others were consulted and I am sure they will be again.

Archibald's stock is a low and has no chance, anyone mentioning Tommy Wright is a non starter, Ross arguably would be in an even better position now than he would of been in the summer of getting the job.

However with the likes of Kilmarnock getting Steve Clarke and Ross County getting Owen Coyle then Aberdeen may feel they can attract a so called bigger name that would get the fans right behind the team.

Is Michael O'Neil totally out with the realms of possibility as he looks likely to get the Scotland job?

I feel the likes of Strachan, McLeish, Lambert will be mentioned by the press but have zero chance.

I'd take Lennon but can't see any reason why he'd move here from hibs tbh.

I'd have Strachan on a 2 year deal - I can't stand the wee sh@te but I'm not after someone i like - I want someone who can get results and instill some fire I reckon he still feels he's got a point to prove and let's face it, he'd take some pleasure in sticking it rite up the huns... Anyways, I dont think he'd come.

• Downvote 1

I like the idea of Neil Lennon, but he hates us. I hate him. Wouldn't mind him as gaffer tho as he'd get these fuds rattled and ready to do damage. I wouldn't mind him playing at the odd testimonial at CP cause as seen with Hibs, his teams go for it when playing them. Lambert would never ever ever come to Aberdeen in a million years and Michael O'neil has his stock too high to come here also. We're looking at Jack Ross, Alan Archibald, MAYBE Steve Clarke and thats about it. Clarke would be the best option out of them IMO.

Wouldn't mind something from left field like a foreign manager of some description who has experience in the game. Dk who else.

Also, BWG, that Potter boy is never coming here whilst his team are still in Europe. He'll be in England soon.

Jack Ross FFS!

Played for Clyde, Hartlepool, Falkirk, St Mirren and other similar shite.

Assistant manager at Dumbarton.

Manger at Alloa for less than two years(got them relegated) and St Mirren for just over a year.

So.....no top flight experience, no cup semi experience, no cup final experience, no European experience.

WISE UP!

Who cares who he played for?

He's 41, a few years into his management career, sorry he's not failed at a Dundee United, Motherwell or Kilmarnock yet...

Not saying we should go for him but your post is shit.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

He's 41, a few years into his management career, sorry he's not failed at a Dundee United, Motherwell or Kilmarnock yet...

Not saying we should go for him but your post is shit.

Been a manager for 3 years and the only thing interesting on his cv is he got Alloa relegated.

I never mentioned any failed Dundee Utd, Motherwell or Kilmarmock managers only a failed Alloa one.

Jack Ross :suicide: