Next Aberdeen Manager

Jack Ross 5/4 favourite with Paddy Power with Stubbs second favourite please don't go for Stubbs he couldn't get HIVs out of the diddy league. Surprised Robinson is 20/1 though might put a few quid on him as we like a Motherwell manager

If paddy power have Stubbs at that price, it must be for a good reason. Inside info no doubt.

Why's that, pal?

Because he is nothing more than the first team coach at Hamilton. He has no say on transfers and little say on team selection. Anyone of the 4 or 5 accies fans would gladly drive him up to Pittodrie.

My lads has been at accies for 5 years so I'm unfortunate enough to go to most of their home games.

Because he is nothing more than the first team coach at Hamilton. He has no say on transfers and little say on team selection. Anyone of the 4 or 5 accies fans would gladly drive him up to Pittodrie.

My lads has been at accies for 5 years so I'm unfortunate enough to go to most of their home games.

Firstly, I respect you might know a little more than me about the ongoings at Hamilton, but what you've said is little more than heresy.

Martin Canning took over Hamilton and it took a while for him to get going and for them to become his team. Hamilton rewarded the loyalty he had show them in his career (possibly he was just too shit to get a move elsewhere, but that's irrelevant given they kept employing him as a footballer) and gave him time and results eventually started to pick up.

He, on the surface, has no "old firm" leanings. He has shown a degree of loyalty throughout his career which I think is important if we want to keep building and growing constantly - enough with the chopping and changing journeyman, dinosaur managers and recently - wantaway cunts. He has experience working with the Hamilton youth side, working with Darren Lyon and Docherty who are now the central midfielders of the first team - and promising SPFL level players. Obviously has no qualms about introducing and believing in youths and we require more of that at Aberdeen, given our young team seem to be performing very well the last few years. Scott Wright, Harvie, Frunk Ross, McKenna etc. need a manager who believes in them and aren't introduced by mistake or out of necessity.

He is also a better manager tactically any day of the week in comparison to McInnes. That already makes him superior given McInnes doesn't believe in them at all seemingly or just gets them so fucking wrong, so fucking consistently.

He is working on a shoestring budget and has been able to recruit wisely for the level they are at and identify what they need instead of a totally confused recruitment strategy which makes no sense to anyone apart from Derek.

Rakish Bingham wasn't performing despite being a talented player and he has brought in Rojano from absolutely nowhere - who has been performing and has made a difference from the off. He obviously knows what he wants and had been following that particular player. He has brought in Templeton who clearly has talent that was going to waste, and has moved him upfront which has also paid off. "There is no reason Templeton cannot play for Scotland". Must be a fucking loser with an attitude like that, mind you... He's also getting the best out of a very talented player in Docherty.

He is professional and speaks reasonably well and most importantly, he does not seem a soft touch. Hamilton are capable of passing it about well and yeah, they got fucking humped by Celtic, but at least they tried to play their own game and have a go.

Imagine we had a manager who had a bit of a clue tactically, identified his team's weak spots and brought in the appropriate players to address those weak spots... One who had a go and didn't roll out a carpet to his rivals. What a loser eh! Doesn't sound like Derek McInnes.

Besides, I never fucking said I wanted him - I just said he and Archibald wouldn't be the worst options in the world. The other candidates are hardly filling me with glee. Michael fucking O'Neil. Give me strength.

Oh and BWG - you're a fucking loser.

Please, please not Tommy Wright or Alan Stubbs.

Surely to fuck it couldn't be Steven Pressley.

Leave any of the Gothenburg greats out of it, hasn't worked before and is unlikely to nowadays.

Would like us to be different and look to Europe as an option, must be some hungry managers with potential out there. Do your research AFC and go find us a real gem. Hull picked up that Marco Silva bloke from some backwater club i think, so there are good ones out there, just do proper and just due diligence.

Just can't see AFC going out with what would consider to be the norm so likely to be one of the above or an Alan Archibald, Jim McIntyre type which has the added prospect of Billy Dodds as assistant. Gadz.

Holly fuck, yogi Hughes just entered my head.......... No , just no.

Just read someone try and justify Martin Canning........... Dear oh dear

Jesus, that was depressing typing that.

Just read someone try and justify Martin Canning........... Dear oh dear

Jesus, that was depressing typing that.

You're not the sharpest.

I never said I wanted him. That's the type of manager we will likely end up with is my point, and he and Archibald are the best of an underwhelming and wholly depressing bunch.

I'd like the guy Graham Potter who manages Ostersunds in Sweden. But that sort of appointment isn't going to happen provided Milne has any say in it.

You're not the sharpest.

I never said I wanted him. That's the type of manager we will likely end up with is my point, and he and Archibald are the best of an underwhelming and wholly depressing bunch.

I'd like the guy Graham Potter who manages Ostersunds in Sweden. But that sort of appointment isn't going to happen provided Milne has any say in it.

Sincere apologies, but it did read like you were banging his drum in a lengthy post earlier, however I must be wrong as I'm clearly not the sharpest.

Guest the shepherd

Mike Walker. The everton thing has surely been forgiven by now. Still remember his norwich mob beating inter milan. Impressive.

Refreshing shout Dad. He's not still contracted to Fantasy Football League on BBC2 though?