Welcome Devlin

Same boring bastards earlier accusing the club of bending over and taking it going to apologise now?

Was it the same folk though, or did you just make that up to suit your irrelevant/meaningless point?

Respect due to McCormack & to anyone that will voice their concerns about the blatant corruption within the game we are all funding.

We pay for a fair crack at the whip.

You do not deserve 'more/less fairness' just because you have more/less fans contributing financially or other to the game.

All we expect is unbiased rules & regulations to have ALL teams follow/play within.

The arse cheeks can have their clear advantage financially in terms of players/squad size etc. there is fk all we can argue about there. They have earned that & that is their right for having more support but NOTHING else.

It's not really a lot to ask is it?

• Upvote 1

So it was one of the top stories on their website all day, but their flagship football show didnt deem it newsworthy enough to even mention it, nevermind discuss it?

Sportsound has already covered the Devlin incident extensively over the weekend. Everyone was in agreement it was a poor decision.

The website ran McInnes quotes criticising it, and Clarke quotes admitting it would have annoyed him had it been a Killie player sent off.

It was highlighted on sportscene, and a video was published on Sunday night of the incident.

Then there was a story on Monday saying Aberdeen would appeal against it, with the video pushed again on the website and social media so fans could see it again.

Then, today, it has been one of the top stories on the website.

But get yourself all upset about the lack of coverage if you want. Simple people tend to get angry easily.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

Sportsound has already covered the Devlin incident extensively over the weekend. Everyone was in agreement it was a poor decision.

The website ran McInnes quotes criticising it, and Clarke quotes admitting it would have annoyed him had it been a Killie player sent off.

It was highlighted on sportscene, and a video was published on Sunday night of the incident.

Then there was a story on Monday saying Aberdeen would appeal against it, with the video pushed again on the website and social media so fans could see it again.

But get yourself all upset about the lack of coverage if you want. Simple people tend to get angry easily.

Settle down, no need to get so angry.

• Upvote 1

I think most people know that the incident itself has been well covered by the BBC since the weekend. The point being made is that today's decision by the panel wasn't mentioned on tonight's programme which seemed a tad strange for such a controversial red card that has had so much prior coverage.

• Upvote 1

Im not saying they haven't mentioned the incident or the appeal, im just surprised they didnt mention the result of the appeal and discuss it . If one of the arsecheeks had been involved they wouldve picked the bones out of it for half an hour. 

• Upvote 1

I think most people know that the incident itself has been well covered by the BBC since the weekend. The point being made is that today's decision by the panel wasn't mentioned on tonight's programme which seemed a tad strange for such a controversial red card that has had so much prior coverage.

But all they would be doing is repeating themselves.

They have already highlighted the disciplinary panel numerous times this season. They've already discussed the Devlin incident.

• Downvote 3

But all they would be doing is repeating themselves.

They have already highlighted the disciplinary panel numerous times this season. They've already discussed the Devlin incident.

I know where you're coming from but it's perfectly normal to mention the decision of the panel. Michael Stewart made his feelings perfectly clear at the weekend about what he thought of the red card but after today's decision by the panel he made several references to it on his Twitter page. It's natural.

Had it been Scott Brown who was red carded on 4 minutes against Sevco at the weekend for the exact same thing are you saying you wouldn't expect the panel's verdict to be mentioned at all on tonight's programme? I think we all know it would have been and probably quite extensively.

• Upvote 4

@@Panda

As someone who works in the Scottish Football Media, do you think there's a pandering to the Old Firm?

Also, do your colleagues think this?

Do you think they'll be asking the tough questions as to why Rangers' players/management seem to be able to go unpunished for petulant kick outs and suggestions of conspiracy? Or do you think it'll be hush hush?

The people truly responsible of holding the SFA accountable are the SMSM. Do you think that will happen? Or are the SFA generally just difffult to converse with in a journalistic sense?

That's all i was saying, not sure why Panda is struggling to get his head round this. He really is thick as fuck.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I know where you're coming from but it's perfectly normal to mention the decision of the panel. Michael Stewart made his feelings perfectly clear at the weekend about what he thought of the red card but after today's decision by the panel he made several references to it on his Twitter page. It's natural.

Had it been Scott Brown who was red carded on 4 minutes against Sevco at the weekend for the exact same thing are you saying you wouldn't expect the panel's verdict to be mentioned at all on tonight's programme? I think we all know it would have been and probably quite extensively.

But it's been mentioned all day, on the website, on social media and on news bulletins on the hour.

I'm just repeating myself here, which funnily would be what sportsound would be doing had they chosen to discuss it.

he speaks well though & he would NEVER speak ill of Scottish football & Scottish footballs REAL bosses   

I do hope all you guys that are in fact protesting with your feet are letting the club know & your reasons why, rather than just sneaking off quietly & venting on here. Yes we could argue that the club doesn't deserve comment seen as the club aren't showing the balls to comment themselves on the matter but this is something yous really should let the club know. Our club will only act (do the right thing) when it has to.

As we can see, the club has always been scared to speak out against the establishment. Willie Miller was the last one at our club that had balls with a voice.

Himmin - it's up to me how I protest, nae you.  I'm starting off with a dirty protest and going to be smearing shite on my windows and walls.  That'll learn them.

The story has moved on though panda, it's no longer about the sending off, it's the appeal process.

Who is on the panel?

Why did Morelos, McGregor x2, Naismith and Brown get cleared for fairly obvious foul play and Dicker and Devlin sending off get upheld?

That's an easy 10-15 worth of discussion.

• Upvote 1

But it's been mentioned all day, on the website, on social media and on news bulletins on the hour.

I'm just repeating myself here, which funnily would be what sportsound would be doing had they chosen to discuss it.

Which considering the story had reached a conclusion from the weekend due to the panel's decision would mean it would surely be at least even briefly mentioned on BBC Scotland's flagship daily 1 hour football radio show. But it didn't even warrant a mention.

As I mentioned earlier had this been Scott Brown sent off in the same circumstances against Rangers after just 4 minutes there is just no way the show would not have touched on the panel's decision which had been made earlier that same day. I'm just repeating myself too but it was a big story in Scottish football yesterday and the programme would normally comment on those stories hence Michael Stewart making so much reference to it on his Twitter page. Or maybe he just likes repeating himself. Or maybe, just maybe he wasn't repeating himself and was merely now giving his thoughts not on the merits of the red card which he had already discussed extensively but on how on earth the panel could have arrived at such a decision and the continuation of the baffling decisions they keep coming up with.

• Upvote 1