New Stadium Approved

Guest milne_afc

Location is not currently ideal, however fast-forward ten years, Aberdeen will be joined onto Kingswells, Prime Four will connect to Aberdeen's new stadium which will be joined onto Westhill.

There will be now vast spaces in between them.

Lol. You've been ploughing this furrow over two accounts now. Another barren 10 years added to the current 4 year dry spell, with the added pressure of a £50m out of town stadium build, would finish off a club like Aberdeen, who are reliant on donations to 'stay competitive'.

Lol. You've been ploughing this furrow over two accounts now. Another barren 10 years added to the current 4 year dry spell, with the added pressure of a £50m out of town stadium build, would finish off a club like Aberdeen, who are reliant on donations to 'stay competitive'.

On the plus side it would get rid of all the happy clappers.

Location is not currently ideal, however fast-forward ten years, Aberdeen will be joined onto Kingswells, Prime Four will connect to Aberdeen's new stadium which will be joined onto Westhill.

There will be now vast spaces in between them.

Utter pish.

I lived in Westhill almost 30 years ago. They said back then that it would be joined to Kingswells and Kingswells would be merged with Hazelhead within 10 years, they havent.

It also doesnt matter how 'joined up' they do become. It'll still take the same amount of time to get from Union St to Kingsford.

I'm all for the new stadium, I'm not for people making up pish to try and back up their point of view. Makes them no better than the WANKS.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Utter pish.

I lived in Westhill almost 30 years ago. They said back then that it would be joined to Kingswells and Kingswells would be merged with Hazelhead within 10 years, they havent.

It also doesnt matter how 'joined up' they do become. It'll still take the same amount of time to get from Union St to Kingsford.

I'm all for the new stadium, I'm not for people making up pish to try and back up their point of view. Makes them no better than the WANKS.

It's not made up pish or even close to being made up - my point wasn't about time taken from Union Street was it? It was about the stadium being in the middle of nowhere.

Westhill industrial estate is being built out towards Aberdeen to the round-about, this will reach the new stadium and training complex.

At the other side you have the new AWPR, then beyond that Prime Four owns the land and has plans to develop it out to the AWPR.

Dandara have/are building homes towards the east of Kingswells, then in Aberdeen Bancon are building large developments to the west of Shedocksley heading towards Kingswells.

The Stadium will provide a landmark in which further development will take place around it - as has been proven by the fact that planning applications have already been submitted for drive-through restaurants near it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There has been a 10 year ban on building houses in certain areas in Kingswells.

That ban is now up I believe next year, and they are away to start building out the back towards Bucksburn, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's soon connected in some way.

Already started prep work at Forrit Brae, and I like you, believe it won't be long until more or less joined.

So there's going to be thousands of more houses and a football stadium being built there. Our esteemed councillors are currently plotting new transport links then I take it?

Keep up, its going to be a city within the city (even though its nae in the city) and it'll be serviced by a monorail, 6 club buses (DNA money well spent) and the hiring of 100 shuttle buses once a fortnight.

GIB.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

100 shuttle buses?

How many fans are getting the shuttle buses to the ground?

And do we just torch each bus once fans disembark or something?

It's a DNA recruitment drive. All non DNA types can catch one of the 100 shuttle buses for free, on the understanding that one is randomly torched with all passengers still inside. Would you take your chances with that or would you sign up to guarantee a seat on the non burny buses? We would make a fucking fortune.

• Downvote 1

I actually think it was 110 shuttle bus journeys they came away with.

Roughly 5700 folk will take shuttle buses to games according to them.

:hysterical:

GIB.

:rolleyes:

Bit mad but I'm sure they don't really expect that to happen.

Either way.. "journeys" makes a massive fucking difference. You might do those 110 journeys with 55 or even something like 35 buses.

So nothing like a 100 buses tbf.

Bit mad but I'm sure they don't really expect that to happen.

Either way.. "journeys" makes a massive fucking difference. You might do those 110 journeys with 55 or even something like 35 buses.

So nothing like a 100 buses tbf.

True. It would actually be better with 100 buses as it won't be pleasant waiting for the bus to return for the next pick up in Nov to March.

Summer fitbas the future.....imo.

Your right though, I'm sure the club don't really expect 5700 to take the shuttle buses but they do expect others to believe it.

The bollocks spoken from both sides has been remarkable.

Pity it'll all be a waste of time in the end.......imo.

• Downvote 2

True. It would actually be better with 100 buses as it won't be pleasant waiting for the bus to return for the next pick up in Nov to March.

Summer fitbas the future.....imo.

Your right though, I'm sure the club don't really expect 5700 to take the shuttle buses but they do expect others to believe it.

The bollocks spoken from both sides has been remarkable.

Pity it'll all be a waste of time in the end.......imo.

Well you can't have it both ways.

Are you saying 100 buses is ridiculous (even though we both know that's not what they said) or are you saying 100 buses would be great because of less waiting?

?‍♂️