New Stadium Approved

October was when the work on the training facility was to officially commence, with a main contractor appointed.

All that has been done so far is site clearing, drainage, internal roads created etc etc.

Will be interesting to see, over the next few months, if the work on the training facility itself actually commences, or whether Stuarty hedges his bets, and waits till this WANKS review happens

October was when the work on the training facility was to officially commence, with a main contractor appointed.

All that has been done so far is site clearing, drainage, internal roads created etc etc.

Will be interesting to see, over the next few months, if the work on the training facility itself actually commences, or whether Stuarty hedges his bets, and waits till this WANKS review happens

I personally think they will push ahead with it.

There is surely no way that the end result of all this will be the club not being able to build on the site and having to return it to its previous condition.

Can you imagine what sort of knock on effect that would have for any future developments in and around the city? Any major developers would be staying well clear for a long time I’d imagine.

There is surely no way that the end result of all this will be the club not being able to build on the site and having to return it to its previous condition.

Can you imagine what sort of knock on effect that would have for any future developments in and around the city? Any major developers would be staying well clear for a long time I’d imagine.

I have no recollection of that ever happening in Aberdeen, ever.

Not sure which thread would be best for this, and also not sure how to get this image to the two lads collecting photos, etc, for the new AFC Museum at Kingsford.

Finally managed to dig out the only (never before publicly seen) photo taken of those responsible for making the 'VICTORY!' banner that was seen hanging at the front of the St. Clair as it pulled into Aberdeen Harbour... 

28qpv9f.jpg

• Upvote 1

Having had a good look at the site this morning, I'd say they are very close to having the site preparation phase of the job completed.

Not sure when the next phase of construction is due to begin but must be before the end of the year (I hope).

AFC must be quite pleased with how things are going so far.

Having read this post, I can confirm you are not an engineer.