New Stadium Approved

Thwy ahould have bought the okd Millets shop.

First floor - kits accessories and tickets etc.

Lower floor - pub//social club, that shows highlights of all old games and shows the dons any time they are live. Surprised this hasn’t been thought of already, club would make a fortune

I'd be surprised if they covered their costs.

And that is your thesis to back up the unequivocal statement that we CANNOT afford a new stadium?

Its not very good is it?

You made up what we could get for selling Pittodrie

You made up how much a mortgage might cost

You made up how long the term of a mortgage might be

You made up that banks simply wouldn't lend us money

You made up that we cannot expect any further investment from Milne

You ignore the possibility of increased day to day income from the new facilities (museum, bar, cafe, face painters for hire, whatever)

You ignore the possibility of other outside investment (it doesn't just have to be from Milne)

You ignore the prospect of naming rights

You ignore running costs of our current dilapidated stadium

You ignore the relative lack of sponsorship appeal in a dilapidated stadium

You ignore the opportunities for new partnerships

You ignore the opportunities for additional use of a new stadium for other events like music gigs, rugby matches, international football etc)

And most of all you ignore that we are only at the early stages of starting to raise the money needed and there's no reason to expect the club to announce they have £50m in the bank ready to spend at this point.

So in summary

Your are looking for the most negative, miserable and desperately sad possible outcome because you like being a negative, miserable and desperately sad person.

So who is taking your "real thick fans" moany shite seriously? A: Only a complete mong.

Why don't we just wait and see what happens, they might raise the money, they might not.

Haha. Post of the year.

It's a good point though.

Aberdeen really should open a shop in the center of town as it would be far handier for the passing trade.

One thing I don't think a lot of people will be doing is going out to Westhill just to buy a dons top or other merchandise. You may get passing trade with people popping out to Costco or Tesco or folk on their lunch break if they work in Westhill's famous Subsea hub but a club shop out there would be mostly like sleepy hollow.

A shop in the city center is a must for me.

Folk just shop online now, pal.

Well aware of that, but lets be honest the online shop isn't the best and people quite often like to go into a shop and rake through the racks and shelves and actually try things on to see if they fit and not have to go through the carry on of returning things.

Yeah, but you'd imagine there was a reason a club shop in the city centre was closed in the first place.

Yeah, but you'd imagine there was a reason a club shop in the city centre was closed in the first place.

Well the location didn't help for a start.

They needed to get into a shopping center not a street on the side of a shopping center which was only busy if people were walking down to the bus/train station back then.

Get a unit on Bon-Accord/St Nicholas or even in Trinity then they'd stand a better chance.

The rental rates would have to be right obviously.

Also back then, Aberdeen replica kits were not commonly seen worn by loads of kids. Now you can't help be see kits been worn everywhere.

The fact that loads of kids and adults can now be seen regularly wearing a replica top speaks volumes in the improvements made by AFC in merchandising, but they can still do better and getting an outlet in a mall would be a step in a right direction.

Well the location didn't help for a start.

They needed to get into a shopping center not a street on the side of a shopping center which was only busy if people were walking down to the bus/train station back then.

Get a unit on Bon-Accord/St Nicholas or even in Trinity then they'd stand a better chance.

The rental rates would have to be right obviously.

Also back then, Aberdeen replica kits were not commonly seen worn by loads of kids. Now you can't help be see kits been worn everywhere.

The fact that loads of kids and adults can now be seen regularly wearing a replica top speaks volumes in the improvements made by AFC in merchandising, but they can still do better and getting an outlet in a mall would be a step in a right direction.

Agreed that if we do open one it should be in one of the shopping centres.

I don't think we'll make as much money as others on here think though.

That was the generic statement about redevelopment. Turns out we can't afford either.

The club say Kingsford is the only affordable option if it costs £50.1m with a mortgage of £7.1m, with an annual servicing cost of 5% over 25 years at £498k a year. It then says new annual revenue streams available to AFC from new stadium £500k, leaving a £2k a year surplus.

To leave a mortgage of £7.1m and if Pittodrie was sold for £15.3m, they're currently £21.6m short of money from thin air. I assume a chunk of the £6m counted as available for the training facility is already from the funding organisations.

Their example for £58.3m has a shortfall of £15.3m, annual serving costs of £1.073m a year and repayment shortfall of £573k. £69.1m has a shortfall of £26.1m and a repayment shortfall of £1.331m a year. This is including new revenue streams.

So Pittodrie needs to be sold for over £15m, the stadium must cost £40m and £21.6m is needed raised for it to be as affordable as made out. The further out any of those factors are, the closer Captain Caveman is to being correct with those other shortfall examples. If it was bang on affordable then it appears the stadium wouldn't help much in terms of profits.

The club say Kingsford is the only affordable option if it costs £50.1m with a mortgage of £7.1m, with an annual servicing cost of 5% over 25 years at £498k a year. It then says new annual revenue streams available to AFC from new stadium £500k, leaving a £2k a year surplus.

To leave a mortgage of £7.1m and if Pittodrie was sold for £15.3m, they're currently £21.6m short of money from thin air. I assume a chunk of the £6m counted as available for the training facility is already from the funding organisations.

Their example for £58.3m has a shortfall of £15.3m, annual serving costs of £1.073m a year and repayment shortfall of £573k. £69.1m has a shortfall of £26.1m and a repayment shortfall of £1.331m a year. This is including new revenue streams.

So Pittodrie needs to be sold for over £15m, the stadium must cost £40m and £21.6m is needed raised for it to be as affordable as made out. The further out any of those factors are, the closer Captain Caveman is to being correct with those other shortfall examples. If it was bang on affordable then it appears the stadium wouldn't help much in terms of profits.

Much more sensible assessment Rostov.

As I say, we just have to wait and see on how it all falls into place (or not) there's no point people denying its possible and calling everyone else thickos for having some ambition and trying to be positive.

Main thing right now is we get the training facilities all in place ASAP

The ideal scenario for me is the training ground completed at Kingsford in the first instance. The club desperately need 21St century training facilities.

Then if we can't afford a stadium at Kingsford can it be totally ruled out that Pittodrie is redeveloped one stand at a time as and when we can afford it?

Guest milne_afc

A wee jab of reality for the clapping seals on here.

The ideal scenario for me is the training ground completed at Kingsford in the first instance. The club desperately need 21St century training facilities.

Then if we can't afford a stadium at Kingsford can it be totally ruled out that Pittodrie is redeveloped one stand at a time as and when we can afford it?

So if we can't afford to build a stadium in the darkness on the edge of town we should save money by building it in the centre of town?

With logical thinking like that you'll be pouring hot drinks at a local telecommunications provider in no time.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

So if we can't afford to build a stadium in the darkness on the edge of town we should save money by building it in the centre of town?

With logical thinking like that you'll be pouring hot drinks at a local telecommunications provider in no time.

Did you not read the bit that said upgrade a stand at a time as and when we can afford it?

• Upvote 1

And that is your thesis to back up the unequivocal statement that we CANNOT afford a new stadium?

Its not very good is it?

You made up what we could get for selling Pittodrie

You made up how much a mortgage might cost

You made up how long the term of a mortgage might be

You made up that banks simply wouldn't lend us money

You made up that we cannot expect any further investment from Milne

You ignore the possibility of increased day to day income from the new facilities (museum, bar, cafe, face painters for hire, whatever)

You ignore the possibility of other outside investment (it doesn't just have to be from Milne)

You ignore the prospect of naming rights

You ignore running costs of our current dilapidated stadium

You ignore the relative lack of sponsorship appeal in a dilapidated stadium

You ignore the opportunities for new partnerships

You ignore the opportunities for additional use of a new stadium for other events like music gigs, rugby matches, international football etc)

And most of all you ignore that we are only at the early stages of starting to raise the money needed and there's no reason to expect the club to announce they have £50m in the bank ready to spend at this point.

So in summary

Your are looking for the most negative, miserable and desperately sad possible outcome because you like being a negative, miserable and desperately sad person.

So who is taking your "real thick fans" moany shite seriously? A: Only a complete mong.

Why don't we just wait and see what happens, they might raise the money, they might not.

No mention of the 10 buses we're buying or the 90 others we're going to hire every 2 weeks?

Tbf, you're right V, it might happen, it might not.

Personally I can't see it but its good that folk are now actually thinking about the subject as a whole and not just posting GIB or anti WANK stuff.

• Downvote 1

No mention of the 10 buses we're buying or the 90 others we're going to hire every 2 weeks?

Tbf, you're right V, it might happen, it might not.

Personally I can't see it but its good that folk are now actually thinking about the subject as a whole and not just posting GIB or anti WANK stuff.

Fuck knows about the buses and all that caper Betty. That aspect does elude even my positivity tbh.

Personally I don't think that's going to impact the stadium being built or come into the "affordable" debate- I just get the feeling they'll worry about that after the stadium funds are in place and work is under way (repent at leisure).

Fuck knows about the buses and all that caper Betty. That aspect does elude even my positivity tbh.

Personally I don't think that's going to impact the stadium being built or come into the "affordable" debate- I just get the feeling they'll worry about that after the stadium funds are in place and work is under way (repent at leisure).

Surely nae?

I don't think Pittodrie will sell anything close to £15m. The overhead of the demolition costs alone will probably end up with us paying someone to take it on.

Remember though, it's not just the stadium that needs to cost £40m, its the whole site that needs to be £40m. The stadium alone will cost more than that.

Everyone can see we will need to raise a lot of money for this site. What's wrong with raising extra to redevelop? Its taken 2 years but the club have finally admitted the redevelopment IS possible. Costly, yes but just as costly as a the Farm of Terabithia.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1