Sam Cosgrove

• 2 months later...

Cosgrove has played absolutely fucking shite barring 2 games this season. 2 fucking games.

I don't want to write him off. I have done, because I've seen him in many games and he's a fucking terrible player with no ability.

Every so often Mackie popped up and played a blinder, this did not make him a footballer.

Cosgrove is and always will be shite. A little 7/10 rather than a 4/10 performance against Livingston does not change this.

You really don't have an eye for a footballer, been a few times lately I have thought Jesus that boy is a zoomer with some comments after games.

I was willing to give Cosgrove the benefit of the doubt at the beginning, then I watched him properly in numerous games.

Put it this way, there's a reason he cost 20k from Carlisle. Useless cunt 90% of the time.

All I want for Christmas is proper creative midfielder and a proper striker.

If you think he played a 7/10 last night then you have lost the plot. Goal and assist, should have won a penalty, general play was superb. And that's against a team with the second best defence in the league before last night.

Im still not sure on him, he has some games he's absolutely honking but also has had games I've been impressed. Burnley at home, Rangers at home last season, Hibs at home last season, St Mirren at home this season, Celtic last game of the season and last night are ones off the top of my head where I think he's done quite well or been superb.

He's 19 (I think, maybe 20 now) so he's going to be inconsistent but you've got to give him a fair trial. He was superb last night and deserves the credit when he plays well.

With young players like Cosgrove, McLennan, Ferguson and Anderson you are going to get inconsistent performances. That's all part and parcel of their development. What you are looking for to compensate is consistency from so called 'experienced pros' that you have brought to the club. That has been the failing so far this season. McInnes has brought in Gleeson, Forrester, Tansey, May and Wilson and to date they have largely disappointed. If we can't get these guys performing consistently, or somehow get them off the books, then out results are going to be the same mixed bag that we have seen over the past few weeks.

• Upvote 1

With young players like Cosgrove, McLennan, Ferguson and Anderson you are going to get inconsistent performances. That's all part and parcel of their development. What you are looking for to compensate is consistency from so called 'experienced pros' that you have brought to the club. That has been the failing so far this season. McInnes has brought in Gleeson, Forrester, Tansey, May and Wilson and to date they have largely disappointed. If we can't get these guys performing consistently, or somehow get them off the books, then out results are going to be the same mixed bag that we have seen over the past few weeks.

McLennan, Ferguson, Cosgrove, Anderson > Forrester, Gleeson, May, Tansey.

Likely wages are about a 5th too.

• Upvote 2

You are calling me mental (think Tommy and someone else also stated it was an okay performance) after 1 okay performance but yet come away with:

I'm guessing those who had written him off are thinking twice now.

Hahaha.

Aye... mental. ONE game FFS.

Most have eyes and can see he has no fucking footballing ability, but give him his Due, last night was a better performance than normal.

Stevie May also played well...

Mental.

I'm glad we won but by fuck, I'm not getting carried away. Ballon D'or...

For a start, it was better than an okay performance.

Secondly, I've stated more than one game he's played well. That's an opinion, granted.

I think plenty folk who wrote him off would think twice after last night. Just because you aren't doesnt mean others wouldnt think again.

I'm in no way saying he's the answer to all our problems but I think last night shows he has something in him. If you don't agree then that's that but I'm sure plenty others will after last night.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's fashionable to hate on Cosgrove, especially on Twitter once the teams are announced.  Mostly from guys who are "massive Dons fans" but spend their Saturday afternoons in Adams lounge watching Man U and commenting on the EPL.

He's been decent in more games than not. Anyone who's actually been to the games should surely be able to see that.  His link up play is good, his touch is good and his ability to bring others into the game is very good. He's the only striker we have that is capable of doing any of the above.  

He could score 20 goals this season and people will still say he's shite. 

• Upvote 3

Cosgrove has played absolutely fucking shite barring 2 games this season. 2 fucking games.

I don't want to write him off. I have done, because I've seen him in many games and he's a fucking terrible player with no ability.

Every so often Mackie popped up and played a blinder, this did not make him a footballer.

Cosgrove is and always will be shite. A little 7/10 rather than a 4/10 performance against Livingston does not change this.

You really don't have an eye for a footballer, been a few times lately I have thought Jesus that boy is a zoomer with some comments after games.

I was willing to give Cosgrove the benefit of the doubt at the beginning, then I watched him properly in numerous games.

Put it this way, there's a reason he cost 20k from Carlisle. Useless cunt 90% of the time.

All I want for Christmas is proper creative midfielder and a proper striker.

Absolutely clueless. The lad is 22 with little experience, he has been in and out of a team who are creating very little.

Chances were created last night and he scores. Chances were created vs St Mirren and he scores. He had a good game in the cup final and set up the goal at Ibrox before being harshly sent off. Nobody for a second is saying he is the finished article but he definitely has potential. He showed enough in the post split fixtures at the end of last season and the Burnley games this year as well.

Too many fans desperate to get on the managers back and certain players. Stevie May looked even better last night as well and hopefully the goals will come for him. For me the waste of a jersey is James Wilson who I'd send back to Man U, then loan out Anderson to a top end championship club(maybe Ayr to replace Shankland). Bring in another striker and a number 10.

The likes of May and Cosgrove have taken a huge amount of stick so far this season and rightly so at times but they absolutely deserve praise for last nights performance against one of the best defences in the league.

• Upvote 4

I could rattle off many games where we created chances for him and he never took those chances, but I'm sure you're aware of that.

He's fucking rhubarb.

I presume as a fan you stated the same sort of posts for strikers gone by, yeah?

I don't want Cosgrove to fail, I simply can't believe he plays for us. I bet the kid can't believe his luck either.

You state you can't believe fans are quick to jump on the managers back.

I'll remind you of what he said after Motherwell, and yet he has put us backwards:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/43767582

Learning nothing cause he's a stubborn cunt who will make excuses to please fans (happy clappers).

Are you saying that Ferguson, Devlin and Lowe are all bad recruitment? Hoban also looked decent before injury and will hopefully be back in January. Lewis, Logan, Shinnie & GMS all good signings and he's brought in McKenna and McLennan now from the youth team. McLennan a player who was signed by the club in McInnes tenure.

Being realistic about where we are and who we can attract to the football club is not being a happy clapper. The manager has mentioned how he couldn't afford the players he really wanted and he is working with what he has. I struggle to see any teams at the same level as us in the league who have had a significantly better transfer window than us. We are in a market where we will get some gems and some will just purely not work out.

Were closer to top of the table than we have been at this stage in the past two seasons. We've pushed celtic close in the league cup and won at Ibrox whilst having some horrific injuries and ridiculous suspensions to deal with.

McInnes is fighting a losing battle with some fans who's expectations are just ridiculous. We as a team and a club would be a much worse place without him.

Hibs apparently had a great window yet still sit behind us with none of their signings exactly hitting any heights. Hearts are now struggling massively as well and apart from probably Naismith and Haring, none of their signings would get near our team.

Back to Cosgrove though, he is 22 as I have mentioned and for me is improving and definitely has something to offer the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can't believe folk are saying he played well last night.

Ok by his own standards he played well, but by any other standards he still looks mince.

Volley from 12 yards nearly cleared the Dick

Header from 8 yards, 12 yards wide
Even his goal went in off the crossbar from 3 yards

And those were the good bits.

First touch is honking.  So many times it just bounced off him out of play or straight to the opposition.  Yes he won a couple of headers but hes about 9 foot 7.

Sorry, I can't see anything other than a below average footballer here.  I'd love him to be good, but he's not.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1