Sam Cosgrove

6 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

£3m for McKenna

£2m for Cosgrove

I wonder how many previous transfers out we’d need to combine to reach £5m income before these two?

At least we can finally say we are starting to make money off our players rather than letting them leave for free or peanuts. 

Just a pity it’ll all be swallowed up by the Covid black hole, apart from a small amount that will be spent on Ross Stewart ?

That’s the really frustrating part.

90% of it going to debt that’s not our fault. 

2 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

And the balance of Stephen Hawkins circa 1965, he spent more times falling over than on his feet.

That was a Calderwood tactic though. 

How else would Diamond have scored that memorable double against the Tims? 

Some bounce. 

7 minutes ago, slippers said:

Anyone know of Carlisle are due a sell on? Someone on Twitter claiming they are due 25%? Surely the club havnt gave them a clause when he wasn’t even featuring for them at time and we had him on pre contract and gave them a small fee to get it over line? 

A couple of years ago a Carlisle fan was adamant they had a sell on clause, I said they had accepted a fee as he had signed a pre contract and were happy to get that rather than nothing and I doubted we would have agreed it. Someone from AFC later said there was no sell on. Pretty awful business if we did agree to one.

9 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Better than the alternative and us having mounting debt that isn't our fault, without the money to come in and ease it.  

Aye I know.

Its just a pity we can re-invest a majority chunk of it into the squad etc as opposed to maybe 10%

Our squad could be overhauled with £3m

Whwt will McInnes see if it? Anything at all? £300k? 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye I know.

Its just a pity we can re-invest a majority chunk of it into the squad etc as opposed to maybe 10%

Thankfully everyone else is in the same boat, so while we're going to see a massively weakened side, so will everyone else (apart from Hearts, they'll continue to spend blindly until they go bust again) 

20 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye I know.

He'd only spend it on shite, give him nothing and tell him to utilise the bloated squad that he has assembled at great expense.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Would it?

I genuinely don't know- many penalties has he scored out of the 47, about 16?

Cosgrove is on a goal every 2.2 games, inc pens which is better than Rooney 

Rooney scored every 2.3 games for us (but how many of them were penalties) and he is widely heralded as our best striker since Lee Miller 

Rooney was miles better than that diving ponce as was Steve Lovell

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Why do that?

First you contradicted yourself by saying Lee Miller was worse than Cosgrove :hysterical: and now you're fabricating stuff from your warped imagination.

I wasn't living in Aberdeen for most of Dempsey's appearances and I boycotted Calderwood's AFC for the whole of the 2007 calendar year so not only is he another shite footballer banished from my memory, I never rated him far less posting shite like "Little Iniesta".

Struggling to engage man-to-man so just invent shit. See it all the time. Fucking mutant arsehole. Anyone who knows fitba knows Lee was a far better footballer than Sam (apart from you) and anyone even trying to ascribe compliments - of any degree to a forgettable footballer let alone Iniesta comparisons - to another is not only disingenuous, it's incredible i.e. not credible, not believable and therefore also proves what an ignorant fud you are. 

Shut the fuck up, man. 

Honestly. The constant frothing at the mouth, saying outlandish shit to people all the time. 

Just shut. Up. Get a hobby, go to work, punch a wall, have a beer. Just chill the fuck out, you slavering old buffoon. 

4 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Middle class confused Consi. Poor child. 

Nobody is confused about your tedious, self aggrandising shpeel that contributes nothing to anything. 

It just makes you look like a bald, old fool. 

11 minutes ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

A great piece of business to get 2M for Cossy should alleviate COVID cash problems however Main and Anderson up top for the reminder of season does concern me

Maybe we have someone coming in?  Hopefully it'll be one of those "this deal means that deal happens too" situations, like the chain when someone buys a motherfucking house.

I was aware this sentence^ looked dull, so I Sam L Jackson'd it up a bit.  Fool.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Great business if we get 2M for Cosgrove and I am sure Birmingham will regret it. I would imagine Mcinnes will have another in a long line of big donkeys lined up to replace him

I think thats key.  Was the email to the scouts this morning "We need a Cosgrove type" or "We need a Watkins type."

Ideally both of course, but I understand Harry Kane's kind of busy right now.