Sam Cosgrove

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

No professional player in the current Aberdeen team can get a shot on target or even off target.

Never a thought in any of their heads to have a pop at goal.

Christ knows what they practice at Cormack Park.

Kennedy had more shots on target against Motherwell than any of our strikers have had this year in total. Certainly worried keepers far more than Main or Cosgrove have. 

9 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

do we even have a dedicated striking coach?

if not Deadly Dunc Shearer need to be given a shout

What's Barry Robson's daily remit at Colgate Park, other than trying to make folk laugh?.

He had a fine left peg back in day, can he not supervise shooting practice ?

24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

What about the games weve picked Main ahead of him(10?) weve needed to do that because Cosgrove was not lifting a finger

I think that is the most damning fact that Curtis Main has been picked before him in games. That should be a red flag to any buyer that a guy who is basically Sunday League level has been preferred to Cosgrove

38 minutes ago, Woody21 said:

What's Barry Robson's daily remit at Colgate Park, other than trying to make folk laugh?.

He had a fine left peg back in day, can he not supervise shooting practice ?

Mind when we had players that were 'good to have around the place' 

the glory days for the generation of Byrne Baby Byrne and Dave_min and I 

If we get 2 million quid for Cosgrove it's probably the greatest piece of business this club has done in its history... though I'm sure someone will come up with a better piece of business and I'm a wanker for getting it wrong. Fuck you. 

McGinn could maybe serve as an emergency penalty box striker for a while, so long as we're not expecting him to be too industrious outside of that role. I'd sooner have him than Main, that's for fucking sure... 

...incidentally, there's no daft cunts on the horizon waving 2 million quid around for Main's services, is there? Because that would be ideal. 

McGinn is under contract till the summer. He's clearly past his best as a winger but definitely knows where the goal is and would offer much more of a threat up top than Main/Anderson. I'd be happy with him up top until the summer and he'd actually be able to earn a wage instead of sitting on the bench. 

Still baffled as to why he scored 20+ goals and was never played up front again, but that's McInnes for you. 

1 minute ago, Cults_Sheep said:

McGinn is under contract till the summer. He's clearly past his best as a winger but definitely knows where the goal is and would offer much more of a threat up top than Main/Anderson. I'd be happy with him up top until the summer and he'd actually be able to earn a wage instead of sitting on the bench. 

Still baffled as to why he scored 20+ goals and was never played up front again, but that's McInnes for you. 

It’s coz he’s a Tim. McInnes hates Tim’s. Coz he’s a Bear...

Watkins was an intelligent player, not much of a goalscorer granted but his link up put Cosgrove and Main to shame.

I'd far rather have a striker of that ilk rather than a big burly striker like Main, Cosgrove or Edmondson. 

It's no coincidence our form went out the window when Watkins got injured. We played some really good stuff with Watkins in the team. We always looking fucking atrocious when Main or Cosgrove is in the team. 

I honestly cannot believe anyone would watch Cosgrove and think spending 2 million is good business. 

Just now, Geoff_Tipps said:

Watkins was an intelligent player, not much of a goalscorer granted but his link up put Cosgrove and Main to shame.

I'd far rather have a striker of that ilk rather than a big burly striker like Main, Cosgrove or Edmondson. 

It's no coincidence our form went out the window when Watkins got injured. We played some really good stuff with Watkins in the team. We always looking fucking atrocious when Main or Cosgrove is in the team. 

I honestly cannot believe anyone would watch Cosgrove and think spending 2 million is good business. 

Aye. I'd rather have a mobile striker that scores less goals but improves the overall play and creates space for others to score than create a system that relies on providing gilt edged service to one man to get all the goals. 

• Like 1
Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. I'd rather have a mobile striker that scores less goals but improves the overall play and creates space for others to score than create a system that relies on providing gilt edged service to one man to get all the goals. 

Someone needs to find the net though, which is usually the job of the striker. Agree though that if all you contribute is goals and your not scoring, there’s little point in having that player in the team. Give me a shite all rounded player like Rooney for 15-20 goals a season any day though.

1 minute ago, Proud Dandy said:

Someone needs to find the net though, which is usually the job of the striker. Agree though that if all you contribute is goals and your not scoring, there’s little point in having that player in the team. Give me a shite all rounded player like Rooney for 15-20 goals a season any day though.

Aye. 

But would you rather have a front three where the goals are spread out or rely on one guy to get all your goals. 

Hedges has hardly scored since Cosgrove came back.  Not helped by playing wide but Watkins was creating space for others to get in the box and score. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Agreed,I'd rather have a quicker more mobile attack.Dyou think mcGinn or dare I say it,MacLennan would be worth a try up there meantime?

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

See if McInnes brings in other immobile unit as a replacement. There will be some noise. 

This is a chance to change. Will be interesting to see if he takes it ir reverts to type. 

I think sadly given the track record we all know what type of player will be signed. No doubt some Leage 1 huddy who's 6"2 and can barely trap wind let alone play football