Aberdeen V Hamilton.

One of the officials is a woman. I'm going home.

Was she worth sawing in half?

Looked OK from my distant RDS viewpoint.

Great results all round. Should be beating Hamilton of course but still good to get the points and sounds like a few good performances again.

Some day of results like.

It was an awful game today though.

Really poor performance... but would take that any day with a 3-0 end scoreline. :thumbup1:

An argument about my point being that goal difference is pointless making it even more pointless because it is goal difference & not points difference that we are arguing about & goal difference will never become relevant as long as we stay on a better points difference than the Huns.

No surprises also that Panda & Millertime tickle each other's fannies again though.

Delusional arrogance on differing levels but kindred in many ways all the same. Millertime certainly being the lap dog in this case, much as he will hate this & deny it whilst trying to pass over it with shit humour or bile.

Youre wrong.

I know I shouldn't feed the troll but...

Great day all round in terms of our result, other results and closing the gap on the goal difference between us and the Huns yet still you come up with your usual shite.

What a fucktard

He's right though, if we had beaten Rangers once and Celtic once we'd be top of the league.

Rodgers Celtic team this season is no better than Delias Celtic.

It's a long shot however they are there for the taking if the team and manager grows a set of balls.

An argument about my point being that goal difference is pointless making it even more pointless because it is goal difference & not points difference that we are arguing about & goal difference will never become relevant as long as we stay on a better points difference than the Huns.

No surprises also that Panda & Millertime tickle each other's fannies again though.

Delusional arrogance on differing levels but kindred in many ways all the same. Millertime certainly being the lap dog in this case, much as he will hate this & deny it whilst trying to pass over it with shit humour or bile.

Not taking sides, but are you retarded? What is your problem with worrying about goal difference. There isn't an efficiency bonus awarded for winning games with the least number of goals.

You are probably a sound bloke, but by Christ you are defending the most utterly idiotic position imaginable.

On the off chance that we aren't ahead on points at the end of the season, it might be nice to at least "consider" the goal difference.

You are on the same level of “delusional arrogance”, as you put it, with those you are arguing with and name dropping here.

He's right though, if we had beaten Rangers once and Celtic once we'd be top of the league.

Rodgers Celtic team this season is no better than Delias Celtic.

It's a long shot however they are there for the taking if the team and manager grows a set of balls.

Indeed. It's interesting if you read recent manager/player quotes that we are more concerned with the team 6 points behind us rather than the team 8 points above us. This despite knowing we have to play the Tims twice with the opportunity therefore to reduce the gap to only 2 points. It's a long shot admittedly, but the point is that our mindset is wrong and needs to be changed.

Indeed. It's interesting if you read recent manager/player quotes that we are more concerned with the team 6 points behind us rather than the team 8 points above us. This despite knowing we have to play the Tims twice with the opportunity therefore to reduce the gap to only 2 points. It's a long shot admittedly, but the point is that our mindset is wrong and needs to be changed.

Maybe the quotes given out for public consumption aren’t the same as the private mindset

Come on. In a close race goal difference becomes a potential factor. That's just reality.

Ultimately goal difference may be a factor in winning or losing when the league positions are decided at the end of the season that's just a fact. However, it's not something the players can or should be focusing in on this early in the season. When we go down to the last round of fixtures and it's still a factor then that heightens the importance of goals for and against. What the players and the fans to a lesser extent should be focusing on is not excepting dropping points when its not happening on the park or we are protecting a 1 - 0. We need to find that resilience and put games to bed and the fans need to stick with the team until the final whistle.

We should be taking points off of Celtic and or Sevco at home. We need to find the confidence and or tactics that will over come the filthy sisters or we will win nothing this season and may even struggle to finish ahead of Sevco. We have the players we just need the belief.

Not taking sides, but are you retarded? What is your problem with worrying about goal difference. There isn't an efficiency bonus awarded for winning games with the least number of goals.

You are probably a sound bloke, but by Christ you are defending the most utterly idiotic position imaginable.

On the off chance that we aren't ahead on points at the end of the season, it might be nice to at least "consider" the goal difference.

no problem at all. Just saying that there is no point in us hoping we can rely on our goal difference to be better should they catch us on points because it won't be. We just have to make sure we stay ahead of them on points

Come on. In a close race goal difference becomes a potential factor. That's just reality.

it does but that closeness is eliminated by the fact that should they draw level with us on points then they will be the most likely of the two to have the better goal difference, considering they have better now & we will have to lose & them win to have caught us on points, or some draws/losses.

My point is that we really shouldn't concern ourselves with trying to just overturn a shit goal difference in hope we do not need it but should simply concern ourselves with beating them on points & also directly in a game for a fucking change also

no problem at all. Just saying that there is no point in us hoping we can rely on our goal difference to be better should they catch us on points because it won't be. We just have to make sure we stay ahead of them on points it does but that closeness is eliminated by the fact that should they draw level with us on points then they will be the most likely of the two to have the better goal difference, considering they have better now & we will have to lose & them win to have caught us on points, or some draws/losses.

My point is that we really shouldn't concern ourselves with trying to just overturn a shit goal difference in hope we do not need it but should simply concern ourselves with beating them on points & also directly in a game for a fucking change also

You do realise that by increasing the goal difference, it doesn't have any effect on our ability to pick up points?

It's not a case of if we win 4-0 one week, we'll have used up all our energy and will lose the following week.

Is this your first season as a football fan?

You do realise that by increasing the goal difference, it doesn't have any effect on our ability to pick up points?

It's not a case of if we win 4-0 one week, we'll have used up all our energy and will lose the following week.

Is this your first season as a football fan?

Hoping we get a better goal difference just incase we lose our points advantage is defeatist.

Not only that but it is extremely unlikely.

I am still willing to make an equal bet outcome with you of your choosing that the only way we will finish with a better goal difference than the hun this season, is if we finish with more points this season.

Put up or shut up. I am willing to back my argument, you do not seem to have the confidence to. So much so you tried to twist it into a zero risk outcome for you & high risk for me.

So you do not even have the faith in your own argument really & are simply trying to scuttle around the fine print/wording

There's nothing defeatist about wanting to win games by as many clear goals as you can

That is not the point I am arguing at all though.

I am saying that hoping for the better goal difference 'just incase' they catch us up on points is both defeatist & a very unlikely scenario

I obviously wish we would win every game by three goals clear+ But that is not the actual discussion & you are doing the same as Panda & a few more & ignoring the actual point I am making to try to make it sound like I want us to just win by slim margins

Aye and at this stage in the season, goal difference certainly gives a psychological boost. It did for us last season.

We've taken a massive chunk out of the sevco goal advantage over the last week or so. We will soon have it in our favour.

We have reduced it but will only better them on goal difference this season by bettering them on points.

That is what I am willing to bet on & that is why I am saying we should only really focus on bettering them on points.

McInnes has hardly been the type of manager to go out & demolish teams when we are on top.

More often than not he will defend a lead rather than seek to increase it even more.

Just a handful of times he has allowed his side to have their fun when it is clear the game is won.

Hoping we get a better goal difference just incase we lose our points advantage is defeatist.

I am still willing to make an equal bet outcome with you of your choosing that the only way we will finish with a better goal difference than the hun this season, is if we finish with more points this season.

Put up or shut up. I am willing to back my argument, you do not seem to have the confidence to. So much so you tried to twist it into a zero risk outcome for you & high risk for me.

So you do not even have the faith in your own argument really & are simply trying to scuttle around the fine print/wording

Lie down in a dark corner min , take a break ffs

• Downvote 1

So to win the bet, I would need Rangers to pick up more points than Aberdeen for the rest of the season?

No thanks.

Well, while this is a frustrating thread. For someone who has watched some of the worst sides in Aberdeen history, including the just avoiding relegation side of the 90s (which oddly enough wasn't that bad a side).

If, in one of those seasons, someone told me that a huge section of a future conversation would be dedicated to an argument about "HOW MANY GOALS WE SHOULD TRY TO WIN BY", I would have been pleasantly surprised.

Whatever your view, that's a fucking result in itself.