Aberdeen 4 - 2 Dundee United

Why do you repeatedly just make stuff up?

Judging by this user's content, they lack the ability to critically analyse, or empathise, hence the detatched responses. Best ignored.

A few hours on from this game and I'm now wondering if our players just took the foot of the gas once goal 4 went in. They're used to winning.

I can live with that.

A few hours on from this game and I'm now wondering if our players just took the foot of the gas once goal 4 went in. They're used to winning.

Bingo.

For their second (a fine finish to be fair) Logan had fucked off defending cause he fancied a goal. Wouldn't have happened if we were only 1 goal up.

• Upvote 1

Thought Gillespie was their best player. A solid, no fancy shit Right Back who can pick out a pass and doesn't wander 3/4 of the way up the park.

No idea if this was a typical performance from the guy, but he was their best player easily.

Flood still doing a good job of hassling a superior midfield.

United are beyond shite, though... I mean, the gulf in quality was staggering.

Good to see United as bad as they are, though... safe to say we don't need a strong Dundee United.

None of them were good enough to play for the famous though. :)

Personally thought Gillespie was terrible.

Stanton was decent. Flood done his usual.

Rest were shocking and if by some miracle they do get promoted via the play offs they will get pumped every single week.

Gillespie stood out to me as their worst player - he's gash.

• Upvote 5

Just realised that 11 was ex Jambo Hun wannabe billy king . Decent shift nonetheless. Always liked Stanton. And agree their right back 24 was decent as well.

Their LB was easily the worst player on the pitch. He was terrible.

Thought the RB was ok, probably they're best performer on the night.

They are shite though, no chance they'll be getting promoted surely

Very confused at these statements. GMS and McGinn absolutely bossed both fullbacks.

The boy who scored their second (great technique), is he any good? He put a fair shift in.

He only had space because Mclean sat off him. Watch the goal again, Kenny goes out wide, leaves a gap between he and Logan, who despite being too far forward allowing them to break, does get back behind the ball sharpish. But with Mclean wide, Logan can't go tight and boom, no-neck motherfucker curls it round him.

Willie Collum done us a wee favour by subbing Considine off for the next round.

I wouldn't put it quite like that, but it'll be interesting to see if we put Shinnie at LB, or bring Harvie in? I'm concerned that McInnes plays his favourites too much, when he could be giving young/squad players more opportunities.

That said, McKenna came in cold and has had a hell of a run, so maybe we assume too much.

The full back and centre mid positions have been a worry for a few seasons, but we've got away with it, so fuck it.

Cruising till O'Connors fuck up pass. Then cruising again till we took the foot off a bit and gave them a boost.

Credit to United they are so bad they don't know when they're beat.

Are you on about his pass to Woodman? If so, as stupid a pass it was from O'Connor, it's horrendous from our keeper. Comes out into an absolute nothing area. If he just stayed where he was then it makes it easier for O'Connor.

• Upvote 1

Are you on about his pass to Woodman? If so, as stupid a pass it was from O'Connor, it's horrendous from our keeper. Comes out into an absolute nothing area. If he just stayed where he was then it makes it easier for O'Connor.

Aye , I agree wi, that. I reckon Woodman decided to get involved cos he was bored wi having fuck all to do.

In saying that , I hope McInnes sticks with him for the next game as I think he’s a safer option than Rogers

Why do you repeatedly just make stuff up?

No one has said theyre not happy with winning 4-2 and being in the quarter finals. Everyone is delighted were in the next round and delighted we won.

But anyone who has any sort of ambition would look at that performance and look at everything that has happened this season and wish for better in certain regards.

No one should ever be criticised for striving to be better (unless the critic is a loser)

We are through without having to bust a gut or be at our absolute best. 4 goals and comfortable, it was never in any doubt. Why do you insist we needed to do "more" when it wasn't required? Keep the energy and effort for Hibs this weekend.

Judging by this user's content, they lack the ability to critically analyse, or empathise, hence the detatched responses. Best ignored.

I can live with that.

So you're happy they relaxed a bit when the 4th went in? That makes you a loser according to robbojunior.

That Stanton looked a bit of a player and had a decent engine on him. Might be worth a punt as a cheap option to replace Kenny. Probably get him for 2 oranges and a lemon.

A decent engine? Stanton apparently doesn't train nearly as much as the rest of the United squad due to being made of glass or some shite.

We are through without having to bust a gut or be at our absolute best. 4 goals and comfortable, it was never in any doubt. Why do you insist we needed to do "more" when it wasn't required? Keep the energy and effort for Hibs this weekend.

So you're happy they relaxed a bit when the 4th went in? That makes you a loser according to robbojunior.

A decent engine? Stanton apparently doesn't train nearly as much as the rest of the United squad due to being made of glass or some shite.

Again a failure to understand a very basic point.

I didn't insist we needed to do more when it wasn't required.

• Upvote 1

Safely through, but the sloppiness in the second half was typical of a number of players who are not under pressure for their places. Mcinnes was his normal risk-averse self and did not use his bench to full effect. Rooney, in particular, should have been hooked after 15 minutes in the second half but for some reason.....

Mon min, he got 40 seconds, he should've been on after 60mins against lower league opposition.

I ken fit you are saying and agree to a point...but surely we have seen enough already?

Having witnessed his fantastic shortcomings on multiple occasions, surely we can now categorically come to the conclusion that the boy is a blundering gype.

He should be nowhere near ANY football pitch, never mind our godly one.

In fact, I'd argue that the should be an act of parliament to ban him from even walking on grass.

Just to be safe.

• Upvote 1

I ken fit you are saying and agree to a point...but surely we have seen enough already?

Having witnessed his fantastic shortcomings on multiple occasions, surely we can now categorically come to the conclusion that the boy is a blundering gype.

He should be nowhere near ANY football pitch, never mind our godly one.

In fact, I'd argue that the should be an act of parliament to ban him from even walking on grass.

Just to be safe.

I don't think he's in the lazy sulky mould of Parker/ Blackman etc I just think he's a confidence player and his confidence looks shot. The longer he gets 1 minute cameos, the worse his apps/ goals ratio will look and it'll play on his mind.

As I say, would be interesting to see if he's a wizard at training. Or just hiding in the shadows. McInnes should've picked up on what the problem is by now, anyway.

Or maybe he is just shite and ten years of Daz Mackie has given me a strange blind optimism

He only had space because Mclean sat off him. Watch the goal again, Kenny goes out wide, leaves a gap between he and Logan, who despite being too far forward allowing them to break, does get back behind the ball sharpish. But with Mclean wide, Logan can't go tight and boom, no-neck motherfucker curls it round him.

I wouldn't put it quite like that, but it'll be interesting to see if we put Shinnie at LB, or bring Harvie in? I'm concerned that McInnes plays his favourites too much, when he could be giving young/squad players more opportunities.

That said, McKenna came in cold and has had a hell of a run, so maybe we assume too much.

The full back and centre mid positions have been a worry for a few seasons, but we've got away with it, so fuck it.

Reynolds at lb min

Think it through