Kilmarnock V Aberdeen Sc Replay

The amount of bookings Shinnie gets is absolutely embarrassing really.

He's combative and he wears a red shirt. That's going to get him booked every time.

It's the price we pay for having a player with a bit of fight in him, because refs have always gone after Dons players who have that fight.

• Upvote 1

He's combative and he wears a red shirt. That's going to get him booked every time.

It's the price we pay for having a player with a bit of fight in him, because refs have always gone after Dons players who have that fight.

I'd say 90% of his bookings this season have been totally justified. Stupid tackles mostly.

He's going to have to play Arnason, Chidi and Ball in the coming games to get them match sharpness before the semi.

That's a given and not necessarily a bad thing as all three players will be more than up for it for different reasons. A good run of games for Arnason, something most of us have been crying out for, could cement his world cup place with Iceland. Ball will get a few games which will give him the chance to prove he can do a decent job as full back and if his future is not with us he will have done himself no harm and Chidi can prove himself to be the star I have the gut feeling he is. The enforced changes, although not welcome, is a massive opportunity for those three.

I'd say 90% of his bookings this season have been totally justified. Stupid tackles mostly.

Possibly.

But compare the bookings he gets which are potentially justified to the number of bookings he'd get in a blue or hooped shirt, justified or otherwise.

If he played like Scott Brown he'd be sent off in every game he played.

As it stands he has around twice as many yellows as Brown... and no-one's telling me Shinne is twice as dirty as that bald mong.

If we want a player who's committed to the challenge, or who isn't afraid to get involved then we need to accept that Scottish refs are going to be delighted to hand him a card.

It's shite, it's unfair, but it is what it is.

• Upvote 1

Just back from the game. Wasn't pretty, both teams capable of much better. Actually became a better game in extra-time than it had been over the 90.

Why were the penalties taken at the Killie end? I thought the referee decided what end they were taken at, and the general assumption is they are taken at the away end. He was diabolical tonight though, he probably thought that was the Aberdeen end. Their boy should be sent off for a stamp (got a yellow). McLean's yellow was a joke. However, he probably got the decision right for their goal - thought Logan fucked up rather than was fouled.

As for how we played...

Woodman - makes some great saves, his kicking is dreadful.

Logan - mistake for goal apart I thought he played well. For the most part he kept Jordan Jones quiet, and at times was having to cover both wings as Considine had been sent forward as some sort of roaming wing back to win headers from long balls.

O'Connor/McKenna both played well - though AOC's distribution is poor, gave the ball away a few times, which undid his good work in winning it in the first place. But they were both rock solid.

Only browsed the other posts but surprised to see Shinnie slated. He played well enough, as did McLean. It was an ugly game devoid of quality but they got stuck in. Shinnie also did well to win us a few free-kicks and help us get up the pitch.

The rest didn't quite get pass marks. GMS and Christie particularly poor. In Rooney's defence he had bugger all to work with.

Was the first time I've ever left Rugby Park thinking it was a good atmosphere. The Killie fans to their credit were up for it, all three home stands were singing. If only they got those sort of crowds more often. Felt more like a trip to Tynecastle or Easter Road.

Could see what the win meant to the team at the end. While everyone ran to celebrate with Woodman, O'Connor instead turned and ran towards the Aberdeen end, jumped over the hoardings and into the crowd. McInnes was jumping about and joining in the chants from the Aberdeen end, Shinnie's celebrations made me wonder if he knew he was out of the semi. McInnes then pushed Woodman towards the fans and made sure he got a separate ovation for the penalty saves.

All in all, not pretty, but a huge result and might just galvanise us.

• Upvote 4

He's an alckie twat.

Sleeping giant? Massive game for them tonight and phit, 6500 home fans?

Sleeping giants my fat arse

8,900 was the crowd, with 1400 Aberdeen fans. So 7500, which for Killie is decent.

But sleeping giant? Ridiculous, but then again Billy Dodds is ridiculous.

Just back from the game. Wasn't pretty, both teams capable of much better. Actually became a better game in extra-time than it had been over the 90.

Why were the penalties taken at the Killie end? I thought the referee decided what end they were taken at, and the general assumption is they are taken at the away end. He was diabolical tonight though, he probably thought that was the Aberdeen end. Their boy should be sent off for a stamp (got a yellow). McLean's yellow was a joke. However, he probably got the decision right for their goal - thought Logan fucked up rather than was fouled.

As for how we played...

Woodman - makes some great saves, his kicking is dreadful.

Logan - mistake for goal apart I thought he played well. For the most part he kept Jordan Jones quiet, and at times was having to cover both wings as Considine had been sent forward as some sort of roaming wing back to win headers from long balls.

O'Connor/McKenna both played well - though AOC's distribution is poor, gave the ball away a few times, which undid his good work in winning it in the first place. But they were both rock solid.

Only browsed the other posts but surprised to see Shinnie slated. He played well enough, as did McLean. It was an ugly game devoid of quality but they got stuck in. Shinnie also did well to win us a few free-kicks and help us get up the pitch.

The rest didn't quite get pass marks. GMS and Christie particularly poor. In Rooney's defence he had bugger all to work with.

Was the first time I've ever left Rugby Park thinking it was a good atmosphere. The Killie fans to their credit were up for it, all three home stands were singing. If only they got those sort of crowds more often. Felt more like a trip to Tynecastle or Easter Road.

Could see what the win meant to the team at the end. While everyone ran to celebrate with Woodman, O'Connor instead turned and ran towards the Aberdeen end, jumped over the hoardings and into the crowd. McInnes was jumping about and joining in the chants from the Aberdeen end, Shinnie's celebrations made me wonder if he knew he was out of the semi. McInnes then pushed Woodman towards the fans and made sure he got a separate ovation for the penalty saves.

All in all, not pretty, but a huge result and might just galvanise us.

Thought mckenna was outstanding defensively but on the ball retention was awful, we kept giving the ball away, as did Kilmarnock. Didn't realise it was logan who gifted goal but normally it's a free kick although I agree it wasn't a foul. Great comrade between players and fans. Love it.

Just seen the bbc highlights.

If we get pens again, then we've got the keeps for the job. Pens are a dawdle, if you're not sure just ping it as hard as you can in the direction you want and you'll be fine.

the takers should channel the penalties of Alan shearer. Shearer even celebrated a bit like Eric black, the thief.

The mitre mould master was a deadly weapon in the right hands/feet. It made some noise when you timed it. Sort of metallic twang.

One of those fuckers pinged off the thigh on a freezing day at the Duthie Park... Those things were manufactured for causing pain first and foremost and being a fitba second.

The greatest Freddie since Mercury!!!!

Good lad!

Haha +1 sir! Just watched the "highlights" on BBC, just showed the goals then the pens as if the rest of the game hadn't happened, was it that bad in the flesh?

@@Panda I think they decide before the match starts what end the pens would be taken in a Scottish Cup match, still a coin toss though

Haha +1 sir! Just watched the "highlights" on BBC, just showed the goals then the pens as if the rest of the game hadn't happened, was it that bad in the flesh?

They do that for midweek matches, especially ones that go to ET and pens. They'll likely upload full highlights in the morning.

Edit: actually, just watched them, that'll be your lot cos they won't be go over five mins for online highlights.

Heard the commentary saying Stephen O'Donnell was an ex-Aberdeen youth player. That might explain why he was gesturing to the Aberdeen fans after scoring. In fact once he did the whole team joined in. Seems to be a Killie thing.

Talking of gesturing. Niall McGinn after the game was walking over to the Aberdeen fans with his hands up apologising for missing the penalty.