Aberdeen V Dundee

Notable that Clarke brought on Lee Erwin for mulumbu near the end at Ibrox with them 1-0 up. None of this bring on 6 centre halves and shore up shit.

To be fair, our three subs today were Stewart, Rooney and GMS, three attacking players, and all at 1-0.

Fair enough, two of them were late on, but he could have put on Arnason or Ball.

• Downvote 1

I've not seen the last few games so have had to go off reports on here.

Shit pitch - it most definitely fucks up the way we want to play and is probably why GMS didn't start.

Edged the first half.

Dominated the second. Maybe should have scored a second and but for their keeper getting up quick to save from Christie and a refereeing decision that I'd like to see again we would have.

McGinn and McLean played well and Logan seemed to be getting forward more.

Christie was a little off the boil.

May didn't impress too much although there were one or two little flashes, but nothing that would justify him over Rooney.

Bullshit.

2 points worse off than the same stage last season - 30 games, 56 points compared to 30 games, 58 points for 2016/17. 1 dodgy Killie penalty away from being on course for equaling our best ever points tally. I'd also argue that its an even more competitive league this season.

Oh and a winnable Scottish cup semi to come......bring it fucking on.

That's interesting reading. Didn't realise we were only two points worse off than last season. League is definitely more competitive this year so guess we've done well to get so many points despite not playing particularly well. If we can get a bit of form going into semi final, you never know!

• Downvote 1

Bullshit.

2 points worse off than the same stage last season - 30 games, 56 points compared to 30 games, 58 points for 2016/17. 1 dodgy Killie penalty away from being on course for equaling our best ever points tally. I'd also argue that its an even more competitive league this season.

Oh and a winnable Scottish cup semi to come......bring it fucking on.

It's most definitely not bullshit.

• Upvote 2

Aye it is.

Even if the huns take another 3 points off us, their inability to raise their game for anyone else in the league barring Aberdeen and Celtic guarantee that we will finish above them.

There’s no guarantee at all.....two of the 5 games we play after the split is against teams we shit it against.

• Upvote 1

Aye it is.

Even if the huns take another 3 points off us, their inability to raise their game for anyone else in the league barring Aberdeen and Celtic guarantee that we will finish above them.

No... it isn't.

We're guaranteed to drop six points on current form. Celtic and Sevco are not. With Celtic already winning the league, between us and the Huns the Huns are more likely to raise their game and get a result against the Tims, while we're more likely to stick 11 players behind the ball and invite Celtic on like we always do.

I'd take Sevco to take 6 points off us and Celtic, and us to get our typical fuck all.

As for the other 3 sides, the Huns are no more or less likely to lose to them than we are.

• Upvote 2

Kenny Mclean is like a different player since signing for Norwich. He lost the rag with the back 4 when Dundee almost took the lead in the first half. He's going to be a big miss for the semis but if we make the final I can see him being the match winner.

Correct!

Grim match today but a win all the same. Great stuff. 3 points gained on the huns and 2 more away from Hibs. Thats enough reason for a few beers to me ?

• Site Sponsor

Not a great game to watch but I'll take the win over a crap Dundee team on a day when Der Hun lost and HIVs dropped two points last night.

Fucking freezin' at Pittodrie though.

What was the deal with Hulk Hogan in section Y getting his photie teen with Shaggy the Sheep at half time?

Initially I thought it was Cheesepipes.

Dundee packed their box... it was a forest of blue legs in there, so most of our shots were ricocheting back. A bit more luck might have seen the ball miss the legs and hit the net, or deflect in.

That Dundee side is diabolically bad, though. Even Thistle must be confident of overtaking them on that display

May needs to start scoring... he's a better player than his return suggests.

Including a couple that hit our own players.

Fucking baltic today. Another important save from Woodman but his kicking is truly fucking awful and will cost us. Big Neck goes straight back in for me.

Personally thought Chidi was our best player on the park today and yet McHunnis bizarrely hooks him. May and McGinn would have served better use as a chocolate teapot for all they done today.

Stale as fuck though. A real shit fest if truth be told.

We don't play good football that's for certain. If grinding out results gets us success then so be it I suppose.

Chidi, Shinnie and McKenna all good.

Considine, May and Christie not good.

If Woodman could kick then Lewis would have a fight to get his spot back. As it is, Lewis will walk right back in the team and rightly so.

Fucking freezing.

Absolutely Baltic watching that, pretty grim stuff Dundee are hopeless, we were awful first half but a bit better second half. maclean and Chidi did well and so did Scott as usual . Very disappointed with Christie, Considine and Oconnor. I really have no idea why AOC made it as a pro footballer as he is utterly hopeless. I hear AOC is a great trainer and that may well be the case but come Saturday he is utterly pish and the manager not seeing this is a huge fault of his

Absolutely Baltic watching that, pretty grim stuff Dundee are hopeless, we were awful first half but a bit better second half. maclean and Chidi did well and so did Scott as usual . Very disappointed with Christie, Considine and Oconnor. I really have no idea why AOC made it as a pro footballer as he is utterly hopeless. I hear AOC is a great trainer and that may well be the case but come Saturday he is utterly pish and the manager not seeing this is a huge fault of his

Interesting. I thought AoC did okay today