The same budget that he used to bring those in bold in this season, it's hardly as though he's inherited dross.

Another transfer window of loans beckons.

Don't think what we paid in terms of wages for them is the point. The big gap it'll leave in the budget is what's important and also that he chooses more wisely this time round. I've no probs with 2 or 3 loanees, but we need to build for the next 2/3 years and not the next coming 6 months. I'm sure he'll have the funds to go find the right players this time round. Don't think he has any option otherwise - do you?

Anyone think taking Ball off was a bad choice. Was playing well....

Did GMS beat Taveneier once last night?

Cosgrove played okay, nae idea why he was booked. Dorrans seemed to make the refs mind up there.

Once again scandalous we've not beaten them this season. They are really piss poor. Morelos 15m? LOL

Yeah gms was in tavernerier’s pocket all game. He was only surpassed by Christie as our least effective player. At the time I was blaming their attitude and work rate etc perhaps in the cold light of day it’s because the game was brutal and played at 100mph with noone having anytime to play any decent football and slightly built wide players are just not cut out for that type of match.

Mcinnes should have seen this too and hooked one or both earlier. With both of them being pish it meant we created the square root of fuck all for Cosgrove. Thankless task being our main striker these past few months.

Am warming to ball now I think. Seems a decent holding midfielder. Just don’t ever ever play him RB again. Think he was injured hence the subbing as he certainly took a fair clattering. McLean also seemed to take a knock. Great last home game for him, he’ll be sorely missed.

Wright for Christie seems like it would not leave us any weaker at all and the latter is a million miles away from being good enough for Tims first team.

Cosgrove seems a slightly more sensible version of stockley as he would almost certainly have been sent off last night for repeatedly jumping with his elbows out. Cosgrove did it once, got booked after the hun milked it and quickly realised he couldn’t do it again.

Other than gms and Christie thought the rest of the team were fine with shinnie, McLean and ball all being excellent.

Thought there was a decent atmosphere too. Slightly better than hibs game.

it’s because the game was brutal and played at 100mph with noone having anytime to play any decent football and slightly built wide players are just not cut out for that type of match.

No surprise if the hun, Tims and Hivs all finish above us as their one touch pass and move through the middle is far far superior to ours. Previously we were able to counter this with the quick ball forward for Hayes to chase. Now that's gone we only have the long ball to Cosgrove who, as somebody said above, has the ability to lay it off but, to date, precisely no team mates who seem to understand that they are supposed to be there ready to take it. Far too isolated.

Only thing Id say in fairness is as soon as Shinnie and Maclean did get the passes going last night they were getting butchered with no/little repercussions.

Again the show pony GMS' head just seemed to drop as soon as he wasn't allowed to play.

Christie was worse but in fairness his usual reaction is to go and get sent off so at least he's tamed that.

Fell out with McHunnis over a loan move. Was told he'd never play for the club again.

Never heard that one. Feel really sorry for Wright if indeed true as clearly wasn’t getting played and a loan move would have been massively beneficial for his progression

Terrible for us to surrender the 3 points last night the way we did. Huns were - no shock of course - an utter disgrace with their tinky challenges and how that cunt Goss wasnt sent off for that challenge on Shinnie I’ll never know

Can’t see us getting 2nd now and as been said we wouldn’t deserve it anyway and yes Christie was bowfin’ again last night

Final word for that cunt in the corporate who got chucked out. Fat hun cretin

Is that the actual truth though? I doubt McHunnis said that. Woeful management if true

It was rumoured at the time. Given McInnes comments at the the start of the season about how big a part he'd playing this season and he hasn't kicked a ball since the rumour started, it has weirdly been bang on.

Any reason the highlights don't show Maclean hitting the crossbar last night?

Their goal doesn't look any better on the tv btw.

Odd that its missing

But for their goal - how easily does Morelos get past Logan? Shocking - if he makes a proper challenge - or attempts to actually stand up to Morelos the ball doesn't get whipped into the box.

You've obviously a problem reading so I'll explain what I wrote. I said, KEEPING Ball and PLAYING Cosgrove as our striker..... Neither of the two are of the quality we need to represent a serious challenge for league or cups. Cosgrove promise of things to come perhaps, but only utilised as a way of battering defences and playing high balls into the box. Ball just not good enough. His 2nd half display summed the boy up, not to mention his cup semi performance.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion on players.

Again, you've singled out these two as if I said we build around them and them solely. Out of the players we have on our books not likely to be punted (and why should they), these two are starters for me.... GMS showed us already what he's capable of. Just lacks a bit of confidence at times. McGinn's record speaks for itself and just because he's had an average few weeks, it would be the work of a complete idiot to write him off.

How many times do we have to say that ball is not a right back and was hung out to dry in the semi? Hes a decent defensive mid and his impressed in his proper position, worth keeping. As for Cosgrove, the only time weve looked like causing Celtic problems recently was with stockley up front so theres plenty reasons to keep him and hopefully see him develop.

You are in cuckoo land if you think we should rely on mcginn and GMS. They need some serious competition as neither of them have the consistency or fight to get us competing for cups etc. McGinn has been very lucky to end up back here on a 3 year deal and already looks like hes overweight and not giving 100%

How many times do we have to say that ball is not a right back and was hung out to dry in the semi? Hes a decent defensive mid and his impressed in his proper position, worth keeping. As for Cosgrove, the only time weve looked like causing Celtic problems recently was with stockley up front so theres plenty reasons to keep him and hopefully see him develop.

You are in cuckoo land if you think we should rely on mcginn and GMS. They need some serious competition as neither of them have the consistency or fight to get us competing for cups etc. McGinn has been very lucky to end up back here on a 3 year deal and already looks like hes overweight and not giving 100%

Piss poor excuse. Andy Considine was never a left back but has adapted to that position pretty well. So too Ryan Jack at right back, Jonny Hayes when played at left back... Charlie Mulgrew... etc etc. Any professional player should be able to adapt to various positions, with not too much problem, unless they are a Martin Keown, Alex McLeish, Terry Butcher type and largely bred for playing at centre half. Shinnie you could say, isn't your traditional full back, but made his name there. In fact, there isn't such a thing as traditional players for traditional positions any more. Look at Milner at Liverpool when asked to fill in at full back. Players should be adaptable, if they are good enough. Ball simply not good enough for either position and only getting a game through our lack of resources at present. That yourself and others believe he's a good candidate for our side going forward shows your level of knowledge on football matters.

WOW

What, you think he's been poor in overall terms since we started playing him there? Last season he was one of Aberdeen's most consistent performers and had McInnes saying similar to the press.

What, you think he's been poor in overall terms since we started playing him there? Last season he was one of Aberdeen's most consistent performers and had McInnes saying similar to the press.

He has certainly improved by consistently playing there. He probably has 50-60 games there. Ryan Jack had the best part of a season playing right back. Jonny Hayes wasn't a great left back, it was just handy to still have his attacking threat playing there.

Not sure why this is being compared to someone being played at right back on a handful of occasions though, who is naturally a central player. All of those players had bad players playing in their position, but only became handy at it by playing there consistently.

Thoughts on Rooney as a striker because of how well he plays when he is on the wing?

Piss poor excuse. Andy Considine was never a left back but has adapted to that position pretty well. So too Ryan Jack at right back, Jonny Hayes when played at left back... Charlie Mulgrew... etc etc. Any professional player should be able to adapt to various positions, with not too much problem, unless they are a Martin Keown, Alex McLeish, Terry Butcher type and largely bred for playing at centre half.

Exactly

Bring back Magennis for sub goalie.

Piss poor excuse. Andy Considine was never a left back but has adapted to that position pretty well. So too Ryan Jack at right back, Jonny Hayes when played at left back... Charlie Mulgrew... etc etc. Any professional player should be able to adapt to various positions, with not too much problem, unless they are a Martin Keown, Alex McLeish, Terry Butcher type and largely bred for playing at centre half. Shinnie you could say, isn't your traditional full back, but made his name there. In fact, there isn't such a thing as traditional players for traditional positions any more. Look at Milner at Liverpool when asked to fill in at full back. Players should be adaptable, if they are good enough. Ball simply not good enough for either position and only getting a game through our lack of resources at present. That yourself and others believe he's a good candidate for our side going forward shows your level of knowledge on football matters.

Could you elaborate on what you mean with the shinnie isn't a traditional full back comment, please.

What I said was, WOW.

I wasn't willing to engage any further given that view point on Considine.

Anyone with eyes will understand my WOW comment.

So you think Considine is/was shite? You've some exceptionally differing views from the majority of other folk out there, I'll give you that.

Could you elaborate on what you mean with the shinnie isn't a traditional full back comment, please.

Sorry, when I said traditional, I meant for his out and out position. That he's being played in centre mid now, shows he's more suited to that roll. Not that he's not capable of playing left back - of course he is, due to his speed and reading of the game. That said, he's had a dip in form of late has Shinnie... I think we rely too much on him to break up play and create. Feel he needs a wing man in there in the mould of a Ricco/Deano/Simmie type character.

Considine is fucking shite as a left back and just as bad as a centre back. Stick to arranging meetings with WANKS in the Tesco car park, fitba isn't for you.

The meeting was planned to be with top Dons, which is why you weren't invited.

What a lot of shit. Because James Milner can play at full back that means Dom Ball should be able to?

What an utter welt you are ?

Sorry, when I said traditional, I meant for his out and out position. That he's being played in centre mid now, shows he's more suited to that roll. Not that he's not capable of playing left back - of course he is, due to his speed and reading of the game. That said, he's had a dip in form of late has Shinnie... I think we rely too much on him to break up play and create. Feel he needs a wing man in there in the mould of a Ricco/Deano/Simmie type character.

I think he's been fired in to midfield more and more due to the inability of mcinnes to acquire enough good midfielders!

I think he's pretty average in midfield to be honest. He hasn't the composure or skill to play there, hence the constant bookings. He's clearly meant to be there as the holding/defensive midfielder, but all too often he's up the pitch firing into tackles leaving big gaps behind him. The space that was left between our midfield and defence in the ibrox games was part of our downfall.

If he's going to be staying there he needs a solid, wise old head type of player that sits. That's what we've been missing this year, IMO

I think he's been fired in to midfield more and more due to the inability of mcinnes to acquire enough good midfielders!

I think he's pretty average in midfield to be honest. He hasn't the composure or skill to play there, hence the constant bookings. He's clearly meant to be there as the holding/defensive midfielder, but all too often he's up the pitch firing into tackles leaving big gaps behind him. The space that was left between our midfield and defence in the ibrox games was part of our downfall.

If he's going to be staying there he needs a solid, wise old head type of player that sits. That's what we've been missing this year, IMO

Goals are what we've been missing this year IMO.