Scotland V Peru & Mexico

anybody staying up to watch this?

Already up! Not sure what to make of this match... nothing would surprise me here.

Somewhere between: 5-0 to a rampant Peru, with one last hurrah in front of their adoring public before travelling to Russia; to a narrow 0-1 for Scotland, against a Peru side desperate to avoid injury, with two eyes on the world cup.

Already up! Not sure what to make of this match... nothing would surprise me here.

Somewhere between: 5-0 to a rampant Peru, with one last hurrah in front of their adoring public before travelling to Russia; to a narrow 0-1 for Scotland, against a Peru side desperate to avoid injury, with two eyes on the world cup.

4-4 then

;)

Scotland actually playing way above expectations while Peru seem to be having a bit of a laugh.

Pretty much all one-way traffic, even with those mitigating factors, though.

Yeah, Peru haven't gotten out of 1st gear here. Now they have to goal, it's given the fans (seems like bedlam in the stands!) something to cheer, I expect they'll continue just to knock it about... practice keep-ball and wait for another error.

The Peruvians are looking for clever, quick passes, the Scots lumber out of defence and almost exclusively play the obvious ball.

Never understood why we play these kinds of games, where we're looking to play a few new/ish caps to see how they fare, yet we choose places that are blazing hot, humid as fuck, or against sides that are going to give our new players virtually no time on the ball because they're streets ahead of our players.

Would it not be a better idea to play against weaker, or at least equitable, European teams in conditions more favourable to the Scottish players?

The retardation that is Scottish football runs so deep it beggars belief.

The Peruvians are looking for clever, quick passes, the Scots lumber out of defence and almost exclusively play the obvious ball.

Never understood why we play these kinds of games, where we're looking to play a few new/ish caps to see how they fare, yet we choose places that are blazing hot, humid as fuck, or against sides that are going to give our new players virtually no time on the ball because they're streets ahead of our players.

Would it not be a better idea to play against weaker, or at least equitable, European teams in conditions more favourable to the Scottish players?

The retardation that is Scottish football runs so deep it beggars belief.

$$$'s

Someone said there were several hundred thousand ticket applications for the game and the ticket prices were vastly inflated. I'm sure the SFA got their piece of the pie.

Playing Moldova, away in Chisinau, or similar, would probably have ended up costing the SFA!

$$$'s

Someone said there were several hundred thousand ticket applications for the game and the ticket prices were vastly inflated. I'm sure the SFA got their piece of the pie.

Playing Moldova, away in Chisinau, or similar, would probably have ended up costing the SFA!

I hope that's true, because it's the only thing that even remotely makes any sense, as fucked up as that logic is.

Lining their pockets would trump any sort of a productive friendly where you can actually learn something about your team beyond;

a/ They can take instructions

b/ Archer was shite

I hope that's true, because it's the only thing that even remotely makes any sense, as fucked up as that logic is.

Lining their pockets would trump any sort of a productive friendly where you can actually learn something about your team beyond;

a/ They can take instructions

b/ Archer was shite

© Shinnie getting his first cap.

McKenna was arguably the best Scottish player on the pitch again (the least bad player...). Hopefully we get a small fortune for him when he's ready to leave.

Game was always going to be a disaster. A waste of time even playing it.

Happy for El Capitano getting his cap though. At least McLeish seems to be happy to give SPFL players a chance.

A breath of fresh air compared to Strachan and his squad of championship substitutes. Important that we are playing players that play week in week out. Was highly unlikely we were going to win, Peru are no mugs but at least it has given Shinnie & McKenna a chance to play against world cup standard opposition who came through a difficult qualifying campaign.

I don't get the excitement for Shinnie getting a cap.

He may start in Mexico and we'll never see him again.

The national side is a complete embarrassment, and will continue to be under a fucking drunk waste of space manager.

It may not be important to you or some others however it will be an important aspiration for the likes of Shinnie/McKenna etc. If they arent getting capped at Aberdeen then they may feel the need to move elsewhere to be capped regularly and play at the highest level.

Early days but not seen anything in McLeish's performances so far to think he's anything than another shite jobs for the boys appointment by the clowns at the SFA.

I suppose he's looking at different players and avoiding the lazy pick of a team of championship subs as someone called them but got to think any new manager would look at a few different players.

Any sign the team has a shape or style of play developing?

I think Shinnie suffers from being a full back constantly played in midfield.

Scotland managers are a bit unsure what his best position really is.

At LB we have loads of options - at CM not so many with real bite so maybe he'll push his way in there but I wouldn't count on it.

If he was a right back he'd have 5-10 caps by now.

Early days but not seen anything in McLeish's performances so far to think he's anything than another shite jobs for the boys appointment by the clowns at the SFA.

I suppose he's looking at different players and avoiding the lazy pick of a team of championship subs as someone called them but got to think any new manager would look at a few different players.

Any sign the team has a shape or style of play developing?

It's been a tough start for McLeish to be fair. He's trying to give young players experience and freshen up the team. He's also taking on Peru and Mexico, who're good sides, without some of our best players (Gordon, Tierney, Robertson, Armstrong).

I wasn't in favour of McLeish but i'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He's playing young players and players in form. Rather than, as you say, just picking diddies from the English Championship.

Thats fair enough Parklife.

At this point I'd cut him slack on results but the for me the question is can he shape a new team and style of play? What will that be?

We'll know more after a couple more games but I worry the "style" will just be keeping the back door shut and scrap life fuck for 90 mins.

We need a bit more of a plan than that.

Watched a wee bit of it before I fell asleep, Lewis Stevenson is 30 and shouldn't be anywhere near a Scotland team. His time has been and gone- immediately he looked out his depth. McKenna was fairly assured but I'm reading he gave away a pen, BBC seems to be blaming the goalie though. Was impressed with the lad O'Donnell at RB. Any move for him would be welcome in the summer. Matt Phillips is not a striker, and should not be played as such. The thumb should lead the line for Scotland in the competitive games.