The Mckenna Dilemma

17 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Forest flying, I reckon they and Huddersfield are the form teams going into play offs. Mon the promotion and bonus £££ 

Think we get some add-ons if they go up, certainly have a sell-on clause which should hopefully be relatively sizeable regardless of if Forest go up or not

15 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It all just seems a bit convenient. No one else needed to fill a 5 million loss. What would Aberdeen have done if we never had those players? Fold?

i dunno. Maybe other teams have just taken a hit with debt 

Celtic lost over 11 million in one year, did they not ?

hibs around 1.5 million in the first year of the pandemic

25 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It all just seems a bit convenient. No one else needed to fill a 5 million loss. What would Aberdeen have done if we never had those players? Fold?

i dunno. Maybe other teams have just taken a hit with debt 

Hearts were bailed out by that Billionaire boy, we also had one of the largest squads we have had for a while all mid contract. 

44 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Hearts were bailed out by that Billionaire boy, we also had one of the largest squads we have had for a while all mid contract. 

I see Neilson has been saying they'll rake in at least £3m just for being in the European groups next season. Money we should have been getting if we hadn't made a monumental mess of this season. That £3m plus healthy fees for Ferguson and Ramsay and maybe some bonus via McKenna, would have certainly helped. As others have said though, it's all about how you spend it. 

But hearts over 2 seasons have needed donations of about £10 million to show a “Profit”. Yes getting to Europe will generate £3 million but they have had a massive player investment for this season not accounted for yet plus huge investment needed again to compete in spl and Europe. Reaching for the stars often just means you get burnt 

2 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

One of the English rags saying Leicester been monitoring his progress.

Personally He looks happy at Forest and will stay there I think,especially if they go up.

I agree if they go up he'll probably be happy enough to stay at Forest . But will tell his agent to get back in touch with any previously interested clubs in January if they're obviously struggling to stay up

7 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree if they go up he'll probably be happy enough to stay at Forest . But will tell his agent to get back in touch with any previously interested clubs in January if they're obviously struggling to stay up

I think the best chance of him getting a move to a Southampton/Brentford lower end type team in the EPL is if Forest don’t go up.

He won’t move if they do go up.

The alleged 25% sell on fee would be much higher than any promotion clause (should there be one). 

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think the best chance of him getting a move to a Southampton/Brentford lower end type team in the EPL is if Forest don’t go up.

He won’t move if they do go up.

The alleged 25% sell on fee would be much higher than any promotion clause (should there be one). 

Ideally they go up this summer, he has a good year despite them being relegated then your lower league EPL pay up. Would mean we benefit from both clauses.

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Ideally they go up this summer, he has a good year despite them being relegated then your lower league EPL pay up. Would mean we benefit from both clauses.

A bird in the hand and all that. I hope Forest get beat in the play-off final and McKenna has a stormer. Forest won’t then need to sell, but he’ll be keen to move. 
A Villa/Leicester/Palace type move for £20m. 

Promotion bonus & him to perform well in a struggling Forrest side in EPL & get sold for big money in January to one of their rivals with better chance of avoiding the drop. Would be best case. Unless they perform well & get a silly offer for him. 
In all honesty I think I would rather McKenna in defence than Harry Maguire ? how much did they pay for him? 

14 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Forest have done well, certainly not bossed the league! Equal 2nd best defence but still 13 off top spot. 

They had a horrific start to the season. Rock bottom in mid September but Steve Cooper has completely turned them around since he got appointed. McKenna seems to be the fans' choice for their POTY.

• Upvote 1