The Mckenna Dilemma

Derby are one place above them on goal difference but seem to be on the up. Only 15 miles between the cities....him and Shinnie (scored with a penalty yesterday) can recreate the first day of this season's shenanigans to their hearts' content.

The fact remains though...despite his indubitable (relatively) huge pay increase, I don't think relegation to EFL 1 was ever in the McKenna masterplan. You would expect that in that instance, he'd ask for a transfer but there's no guarantee Forest would accede, nor is there any guarantee that another team would meet Forest's fee if they did. He's also lost his automatic Scotland starting place, although he might regain it by default as Clarke has been quoted in the last week that McTominay is wasted at centre back and he needs to find a way of getting him into our midfield (here's a clue Clarke...drop someone ie Jack and pick McTominay instead).

15 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Hasn't played in weeks, presumably injured but can't see any updates about him.

Forest however are almost in freefall. Getting beaten by Stoke right now and other results elsewhere are not going for them, could leave them 3 points above bottom tonight, sitting one place above the relegation spots. I'm sure he thought he would be joining a club that was in with a good chance of promotion when he joined, wonder if he is now starting to regret the move. Their fans seem almost resigned that they'll get relegated.

Pretty sure he has zero regrets about leaving the glorious fights for 3rd/4th in the league & zero cups for like 3-4 times his wages whilst still being in International set up.

18 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just wait til he hands in a transfer request 5 minutes before the start of a really important match. 

But that's all to be forgiven if they get a sell on clause because they've got to wish him well then. 

He didn't do that though did he?  If he did he'll have learned that from his manager, you know the one who went to Ibrox for talks on a move just days before the first of a double header against that team.

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, minijc said:

He didn't do that though did he?  If he did he'll have learned that from his manager, you know the one who went to Ibrox for talks on a move just days before the first of a double header against that team.

Aye he did. 

The Mcinnes situation is actually worse. 

But we can deal with them separately, surely? 

33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just wait til he hands in a transfer request 5 minutes before the start of a really important match. 

But that's all to be forgiven if they get a sell on clause because they've got to wish him well then. 

There is no loyalty in modern day football though that's just the way the game has gone. Obviously if McKenna had just fucked off on a free transfer behaving like Ryan Jack did you would wish him nothing but misery because 1/ He's a cunt and 2/ There is no benefit to AFC.

But if he does well at Forest there is a potential multi million benefit to AFC. For that reason alone it's best he shines at Forest regardless of whether he was a bit of a cunt at times here. 

13 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye he did. 

The Mcinnes situation is actually worse. 

But we can deal with them separately, surely? 

McKenna and his agent had already put in the transfer request well before it was made public, promises had been broken by the club and he was within his right, press picking it up was always going to happen and the club knew that, so your 5mins before a big game is a load of shit.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

McKenna and his agent had already put in the transfer request well before it was made public, promises had been broken by the club and he was within his right, press picking it up was always going to happen and the club knew that, so your 5mins before a big game is a load of shit.

What promises were broken? 

And how do you know they were broken? 

11 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

There is no loyalty in modern day football though that's just the way the game has gone. Obviously if McKenna had just fucked off on a free transfer behaving like Ryan Jack did you would wish him nothing but misery because 1/ He's a cunt and 2/ There is no benefit to AFC.

But if he does well at Forest there is a potential multi million benefit to AFC. For that reason alone it's best he shines at Forest regardless of whether he was a bit of a cunt at times here. 

Yeah I understand the concept of sell on fees. 

They aren't a guarantee BTW and it's foolish to budget for them. A bonus if they do come through. 

I can separate the two issues. 

If he moves on for a fee we'll get some cash.  If he doesn't then so be it. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Yeah I understand the concept of sell on fees. 

They aren't a guarantee BTW and it's foolish to budget for them. A bonus if they do come through. 

I can separate the two issues. 

If he moves on for a fee we'll get some cash.  If he doesn't then so be it. 

Exactly we know from the Ryan Fraser situation that they are no guarantee of a future windfall. But it's a good enough incentive to want him to shine at his new club. As we have seen with J McGinn a players transfer value can massively escalate if they do well down there. 

Just now, Shinniesta said:

Exactly we know from the Ryan Fraser situation that they are no guarantee of a future windfall. But it's a good enough incentive to want him to shine at his new club. As we have seen with J McGinn a players transfer value can massively escalate if they do well down there. 

Just don't expect me to kiss McKenna's arse because we may or may not get some money somewhere down the line. 

In any case, currently there's more likelihood of getting a sell on fee because his team gets relegated and decides to sell than for any other reason. 

7 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I see McKenna’s team mate, Joe Worrall is being lined up for a £10m move to Burnley.

Worrall was absolutely shite at the huns, so there’s potential for McKenna to get a move further down the line. 

27 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Just don't expect me to kiss McKenna's arse because we may or may not get some money somewhere down the line. 

In any case, currently there's more likelihood of getting a sell on fee because his team gets relegated and decides to sell than for any other reason. 

I don't think any AFC fan is kissing McKenna's arse. If he does well we potentially make a lot more money on top of the club record transfer fee we already received for him. At the same time I have no problem with anyone labelling him a cunt for his actions whilst he was here. Most modern day footballers are cunts. 

2 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I don't think any AFC fan is kissing McKenna's arse. If he does well we potentially make a lot more money on top of the club record transfer fee we already received for him. At the same time I have no problem with anyone labelling him a cunt for his actions whilst he was here. Most modern day footballers are cunts. 

Fair enough 

10 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Ah so much nostalgia. Back in my day blah blah blah

Like footballers weren’t cunts back in the day as well ?

They have always mostly been cunts, just they were more stupid cunts back in the day & less able to be manipulative cunts that the ‘modern day’ footballers are now.

• Downvote 1
5 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

If one of the EPL top 6 clubs were to buy McGinn that would be a massive game changer for Hibs.

?

Premer League 2020/21
# Team Pl W D L F A GD Pts Last 6
1 Liverpool 15 9 5 1 37 20 17 32

2 Manchester United 15 9 3 3 31 23 8 30

3 Leicester City 16 9 2 5 29 20 9 29

4 Everton 15 9 2 4 26 19 7 29

5 Aston Villa 14 8 2 4 28 14 14 26

6 Chelsea 16 7 5 4 31 18 13 26

7 Tottenham Hotspur 15 7 5 3 26 15 11 26

8 Manchester City 14 7 5 2 21 12 9 26

9 Southampton 16 7 5 4 25 19 6 26

10 West Ham United 16 6 5 5 23 21 2 23

11 Leeds United 16 7 2 7 30 30 0 23

12 Wolverhampton Wanderers 16 6 3 7 15 21 -6 21

13 Arsenal 16 6 2 8 16 19 -3 20

14 Crystal Palace 16 5 4 7 20 29 -9 19

15 Newcastle United 14 5 3 6 17 24 -7 18

16 Burnley 15 4 4 7 9 20 -11 16

17 Brighton and Hove Albion 16 2 7 7 18 25 -7 13

18 Fulham 15 2 5 8 13 23 -10 11

19 West Bromwich Albion 16 1 5 10 11 35 -24 8

20 Sheffield United 16 0 2 14 8 27 -19 2

Last updated: December 30, 2020 7:09am

2 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

?

Premer League 2020/21
# Team Pl W D L F A GD Pts Last 6
1 Liverpool 15 9 5 1 37 20 17 32

2 Manchester United 15 9 3 3 31 23 8 30

3 Leicester City 16 9 2 5 29 20 9 29

4 Everton 15 9 2 4 26 19 7 29

5 Aston Villa 14 8 2 4 28 14 14 26

6 Chelsea 16 7 5 4 31 18 13 26

7 Tottenham Hotspur 15 7 5 3 26 15 11 26

8 Manchester City 14 7 5 2 21 12 9 26

9 Southampton 16 7 5 4 25 19 6 26

10 West Ham United 16 6 5 5 23 21 2 23

11 Leeds United 16 7 2 7 30 30 0 23

12 Wolverhampton Wanderers 16 6 3 7 15 21 -6 21

13 Arsenal 16 6 2 8 16 19 -3 20

14 Crystal Palace 16 5 4 7 20 29 -9 19

15 Newcastle United 14 5 3 6 17 24 -7 18

16 Burnley 15 4 4 7 9 20 -11 16

17 Brighton and Hove Albion 16 2 7 7 18 25 -7 13

18 Fulham 15 2 5 8 13 23 -10 11

19 West Bromwich Albion 16 1 5 10 11 35 -24 8

20 Sheffield United 16 0 2 14 8 27 -19 2

Last updated: December 30, 2020 7:09am

Quoted to annoy folk on their phones

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ah so much nostalgia. Back in my day blah blah blah

Like footballers weren’t cunts back in the day as well ?

They have always mostly been cunts, just they were more stupid cunts back in the day & less able to be manipulative cunts that the ‘modern day’ footballers are now.

Of course most footballers have always been cunts. But I wouldn't say the players of maybe 30/40 years were more stupid they were just operating in a completely different climate. All the power was with with the clubs and their tyrannical managers so the players were often probably more loyal than they wanted to be. They had no real voice or power and there wasn't an agent in sight. 

Modern day players have far more power and backing so they just come across as bigger cunts than their predecessors. But yeah give the players of yesteryear today's conditions and finances when they played and they would have been every bit as cuntish, selfish and disloyal as the modern day player. 

10 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

Definitely in our best interests that McKenna does well at Forest and secures a transfer to an EPL club in a couple of seasons.

Look at John McGinn as an example. If Villa were to sell him I'm pretty sure Hibs are due 20% of the fee. McGinn will go for a large fee if one of the top EPL clubs make a bid for him he is easily holding his own at EPL level. If one of the EPL top 6 clubs were to buy McGinn that would be a massive game changer for Hibs.

He was superb the other night for Villa . MOTM with Hoddle gushing about him 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, slippers said:

Hardly surprising when he was a stand out most weeks for us. Think people are beginning to see the miss he is now. 

Nah, you speak shite. He was crap for us for a very long time, an embarrassing watch most games. I along with millermong thought he would not in a million years sell for any where near a million. But there you go. I blame mcuseless, that cunt brings the worst in any decent player.

• Downvote 4
Just now, pocrawred said:

Nah, you speak shite. He was crap for us for a very long time, an embarrassing watch most games. I along with millermong thought he would not in a million years sell for any where near a million. But there you go. I blame mcuseless, that cunt brings the worst in any decent player.

To be fair it's your problem if you agree with in your own words a mongo about football. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, RUL said:

To be fair it's your problem if you agree with in your own words a mongo about football. 

mckenna did nothing for AFC for a few seasons, the odd goal scored but turned like a tanker in the Atlantic Ocean. Getting 3 mill for him and hopefully more in his next transfer will be good.

I also agree with the fact about having the same opinion as mongo but well, there you go. 

• Downvote 2