The Mckenna Dilemma

5 minutes ago, redone said:

5 minutes ago, redone said:

Oooft !!....aberdeen1970 getting patronised by Millertime.

That's gotta hurt

What are you on about? 

Why would someone having a different opinion to me 'hurt' in any way whatsoever? 

Some of us here are big boys in long trousers min. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What are you on about? 

Why would someone having a different opinion to me 'hurt' in any way whatsoever? 

Some of us here are big boys in long trousers min. 

Says the boy who gets wound up by other Dons fans hoping the club get a substantial bonus from a transfer 

1 minute ago, Shinniesta said:

I'm sure the £1m won't have been budgeted for it's a bonus so hopefully it gets spent on the squad. Hopefully McKenna shines next season in the Premier League and gets a move to a bigger / more established Premier League club. 

Remember though that we would not have budgeted to finish 10th. We simply closed the financial hit.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, super_al said:

Remember though that we would not have budgeted to finish 10th. We simply closed the financial hit.

True but I think Goodwin would have got a decent budget regardless of where we finished. An additional £1m to the existing budget would make a big difference. 

7 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Supporting random English teams in the event that we might get some scraps from the table is a new low for us as a club. 

For years we have moaned like fuck about not inserting promotion clauses into the sell on fees as we have had to watch as other clubs reap the benefits of having done just that.

We FINALLY insert a promotion clause into a sell on fee, stand to get almost a million (if the rumours are true) yet some fans are now moaning like fuck saying it's like getting scraps from the table.

Our fans are fucked up at times and obviously cannot be pleased regardless of the outcome.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

For years we have moaned like fuck about not inserting promotion clauses into the sell on fees as we have had to watch as other clubs reap the benefits of having done just that.

We FINALLY insert a promotion clause into a sell on fee, stand to get almost a million (if the rumours are true) yet some fans are now moaning like fuck saying it's like getting scraps from the table.

Our fans are fucked up at times and obviously cannot be pleased regardless of the outcome.

I'm sure though that you,  if you think about it, will realise its not the same fan saying both things

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, For Fecks Sake said:

Aye, OK. Fair enough. 

I get the point min. 

Obviously I'll be happy if the club receive the sum mentioned. 

7 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Supporting random English teams in the event that we might get some scraps from the table is a new low for us as a club. 

It's the reality of the financial gap that exists between Scottish and English clubs in modern day football we have to accept that. 

If Villa ends up selling John McGinn for tens of millions I doubt their fans will see that as a low for the "scraps" that would come their way for potentially 20% of the profit from the fee.