The Mckenna Dilemma

In fairness to Millertime, mckenna was absolutely dreadful all night. Should have been sent off as well.

Not as at all.

He battled really well and won loads of balls under immense pressure. Made a number of good interventions and was pretty solid under unremitting pressure.

People honestly think Burnley are Morherwell or some shite. Crazy.

People can surely see as a team we fought bravely but were badly outclassed instead of trying to turn it into a spiteful agenda against McKenna or anyone else.

• Upvote 1

You're the one who's ignorant if you refuse to accept their first goal was a simple ball over the top that mckenna had a head start with

Or ignore him bouncing off wood, hauling him down and somehow winning the free kick

Or losing 80pc of balls in the air

Or giving away the penalty

He had a fucking nightmare and all after being out muscled last week for their goal too

Back down to earth with a bump, literally and figuratively

?

A bit ott imh, he had some decent moments and some poor ones but confirmed he is nowhere near ready

to move to the premiership. He needs to continue his development here for at least one more season.

Yeah like I said earlier similar to you but thought he was dominated most of the night by admittedly better players than he's used to playing. Hopefully it'll benefit him and us.

Not as at all.

He battled really well and won loads of balls under immense pressure. Made a number of good interventions and was pretty solid under unremitting pressure.

People honestly think Burnley are Morherwell or some shite. Crazy.

People can surely see as a team we fought bravely but were badly outclassed instead of trying to turn it into a spiteful agenda against McKenna or anyone else.

Bizarre. I don't think Burnley forwards are like motherwell but mckenna made a lot of errors, both defensivley and in possession where he was caught a few times along with bring guilty of just punting the ball.

I think it'll be a good experience for him long term but I do think he had a very poor game, regardless of who he was up against.

Bizarre. I don't think Burnley forwards are like motherwell but mckenna made a lot of errors, both defensivley and in possession where he was caught a few times along with bring guilty of just punting the ball.

I think it'll be a good experience for him long term but I do think he had a very poor game, regardless of who he was up against.

He was no superman but actually worked really hard to contain good, physical forwards. Burnley are hard to play against and our CBs were never going to just boss it.

Good experience for him and the other lads and certain don't think McKenna was as terrible as being made out. He's just a yound lad learning his way.

Actually did some things really well and just needs to keep developing.

Nor sure why people are disappointed with McKenna, he did fine in a major step up from what he's generally used to.

Ridiculous

He's also playing with two new partners around him in both these games.

Partners that have been out for over a year injured.

Let's lay majorities of the blame on him though just to try & point score on a petty valuation argument

Oh & @@Millertime you fk cretin. You still haven't admitted you were completely wrong & I was right in what I said McInnes said about McKenna in this thread.

Fkn sneaky weegie spunk bubble.

• Upvote 1

On a mission FnD......go to bed

Nae really. Just pointing out how that cunt is still sneaking off in denial/hope that being proven wrong publicly yet again will be missed/forgotten.

I am an annoying cunt I know but he is a horrible sneaky despicable stereotypical weegie liar.

Just a fkn horrible thing in general

• Upvote 1

You're the one who's ignorant if you refuse to accept their first goal was a simple ball over the top that mckenna had a head start with

Or ignore him bouncing off wood, hauling him down and somehow winning the free kick

He had a fucking nightmare and all after being out muscled last week for their goal too

Careful, i got a minus 2 last week for saying McKenna has a lot to learn and that Burnley and Sevco mistakes were costly.
  • Downvote 12

Lol

How exactly is asking for more than 6 m ridiculous? Yes we know he still is a work in progress and has a lot to learn, the transfer fees in England are out of control. Its about time we stood up for ourselves and get a fair reflection due to market in England.

@@Millertime. Surely you have to agree with this post quoted? I dont think anybody disagrees he has got more to learn and another season with us will do him any harm. However, if an EPL or Championship club come in for him then surely to fuck we tell them they better be prepared to pay for him?

Agreed

Which is why talk of him going for 6m or above is ridiculous

No it isn't.

Tierney is said to be worth £30m according to some inside Celtic and he has shite games as much as any other player. So the young lad had a bad night, so he isnt worth anything above £6M because of that ? he is learning his trade, will make mistakes and will have off games, but generally speaking he is a fantastic young prospect who rightly commands a ridiculous fee. I think those who don't think he is worth a lot of money clearly haven't watched him play week in and week out, because if they had they would realise that he isn't just your standard type of player.

Agreed

Which is why talk of him going for 6m or above is ridiculous

Ferdinand was full of mistakes for West Ham and went for a British record transfer fee to Leeds.

Yes, he would have learnt a lot playing EPL strikers and he didn't impress.

But it's the potential in him that would mean his value is at least 6-8m in the current market.

Sutton and Hartson talking about him being worth 10m yesterday.

Talk it up, its a commercial market therefore players should be marketed for their highest potential value.

McGinn possibly going for 4m yo Brighton with a year on his contract. Full contract you'd be looking at double that at least.

Let's stop talking down the value of our players.

No, I don't

He had the platform to shine and passed it up

Really, really disappointed in him over the 2 legs

I can't agree.

I think he held his own by and large. He wasn't perfect but look at the boy at the opposite end of the field, Ben Mee (I think), he was really poor in the 2nd leg and is an established EPL player - McKenna isn't any less of a defender than him.

Sometimes you're just not always on the top of your game in every single game. He's stepped up and passed the test at international level and playing against players at a 'higher' level so far for me and he'd only improve from the level he is at the now.