The Mckenna Dilemma

Agree with the not celtic but have a feeling it if the likely outcome.

Based on out previous dealing with them it will be lower amount that we want, say 5m with Jack Hendry on loan for the season. Showing we have learnt nothing from previous arrangements.....

That's it, pish the bed and berate the club for something that they have not even done.

• Upvote 2

If Dons are offered monies north of £7m the offer WILL be accepted 100%, regardless if Tim's or not.

Whoever mentioned that tapping has taken place most probably has a valid point.

Certainly smells like it as the matter begins to unfold.

If SM is not sold today it is destination Tims I am afraid, and unfortunately.

Cannot see DMs powers of man management keeping SM "happy" until January.

PS if SM has been tapped south of border then that team better crack on ( however reckon tapping is coming from north of border whether genuine or an attempt to unsettle).

There's probably a release clause in McKenna contract.

Yes, he's been class for us but has had a few slip ups. A year and a half ago the boy was nearly descending down the divisions...  perspective is needed here and well done to the board for holding out for a proper fee!

Get a sell-on clause in there and let him go.

We'd all take the opportunity to make £20k+ a week...

There's probably a release clause in McKenna contract.

Yes, he's been class for us but has had a few slip ups. A year and a half ago the boy was nearly descending down the divisions...  perspective is needed here and well done to the board for holding out for a proper fee!

Get a sell-on clause in there and let him go.

We'd all take the opportunity to make £20k+ a week...

Aye i ken..but if you were serious about your career..your life would it not be better to wait..see if we can reach the group stages. Then you  would have a bigger stage to show your stuff..

If SM is not sold today it is destination Tims I am afraid, and unfortunately.

Cannot see DMs powers of man management keeping SM "happy" until January.

PS if SM has been tapped south of border then that team better crack on ( however reckon tapping is coming from north of border whether genuine or an attempt to unsettle).

I am not convinced if he doesnt go today he will then sign for Celtic, I thnk all the talk before is him going south of the border. either he goes today for £10M to EFL there are going to be a few teams today with some money ro spend and looking for a CH (forrest, Sheffield Wed, Bristol, Fulham, QPR) all can spend £10M no problem. Or I think Aberdeen are totally in the driving seat to keep him until the next window by which time he will have more European, domestic and International experience and the football world in England is even more bizzare and we can get tierney type money for him.

Not neccesarily, could still end up in the Land of The Guff in January.

Willing to stick my reputation on stating he won't end up at the Savilledome

Well feeling quite sick now, nosed on a Timmy fans chat room to see what the pricks were saying about McKenna.

Basically 3 schools of thought:

1) he's shite

2) he's young and full of promise

3) they are going to come into a good amount of money today and there is a fear that it will burn a hole in their pocket.

Time will tell.

PS on a side issue St Johnstone fans on P & B in meltdown over May

I am not convinced if he doesnt go today he will then sign for Celtic, I thnk all the talk before is him going south of the border. either he goes today for £10M to EFL there are going to be a few teams today with some money ro spend and looking for a CH (forrest, Sheffield Wed, Bristol, Fulham, QPR) all can spend £10M no problem. Or I think Aberdeen are totally in the driving seat to keep him until the next window by which time he will have more European, domestic and International experience and the football world in England is even more bizzare and we can get tierney type money for him.

Some of them restricted by ffp.

Unless Fulham sell today they only have a budget of around 6 mill for today then....Anything above and ffp comes in and could see fine and points reduction.

QPR were fined 4 mill a few seasons ago,don't know how it works really its pretty complicated unless you know all them clubs dealings.

Some of them restricted by ffp.

Unless Fulham sell today they only have a budget of around 6 mill for today then....Anything above and ffp comes in and could see fine and points reduction.

QPR were fined 4 mill a few seasons ago,don't know how it works really its pretty complicated unless you know all them clubs dealings.

I think Sessignon will go to spurs today from Fulham fee agreed apparantly

i just can’t see an English club matching our valuation for him. Also the fact he is in Croatia , the deadline is 5pm today might make it logistically impossible for a move to happen to an English side.

Vast majority of the deal can be done by email....enough to satisy the English and Scottish FA's. If necessary he could even have a medical done out there though I suspect the buying club would just throw in a clause saying the deal is conditional on him passing a medical back home. Tbh I'm now resigned to losing him and I'd far rather he fucked off to an English club than him coming home and having Celtic offer £4million plus Jack Hendry in a couple of weeks time