Graeme Shinnie.....

23 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Haha against Cyprus?

To be fair, he was honking there

Kazakhstan. 

Guy played LB on his first ever start, where he hadn't played for 4 years, and got absolutely crucified!

Media darling Calum McGregor dropped an all time shocker and not a peep. 

10 hours ago, Patty said:

MiniJC seems to have a bit of an agenda because Shinnie used to go about wearing a hun top as a 12 year old. 

Considering what we were reportedly paying the likes of JET etc then Shinnie is a bargain!

Don't think I've ever brought that up but my main issue has always been that a lot of fans let any poor play from him slide as he's seen as 'one of our own', he's had plenty of shockers for us over the years but they get ignored.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Don't think I've ever brought that up but my main issue has always been that a lot of fans let any poor play from him slide as he's seen as 'one of our own', he's had plenty of shockers for us over the years but they get ignored.

He’s definitely had plenty ‘shockers’ over the years but on the whole he’s been good & sometimes great far more than ‘shocking’ 

In a decent Aberdeen side he is very much an asset but in a mediocre side he’s often pretty meh as a result.

The ‘one of our own’ thing definitely riles you. Probably more so than anything else 🤣 & as a result he has to play at least 8/9 out of 10 most weeks just to get you to ‘grudgingly’ say ‘he was ok’ 🤣

Shinnie is a decent player for us in the main.

I really don’t think folk judge him more generously because of the ‘one of our own’ 🤣 as that was basically started as a joke really but I do think the ‘one of our own’ winds you up enough to make you more critical of him than deserved for sure.

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

Agreed. Watching him for Scotland I have grudgingly accepted that he is an excellent player.

The next time he plays for Scotland, please count how many times he does something impressive. And then weigh it up against how often he passes to a team mate putting them in trouble (typical Ryan Jack trait), how often he loses the ball and how often he'll pass a ball slowly to a players feet or behind them instead of in front of them.

Seems he's not just a media darling but also a hat darling

2 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

The next time he plays for Scotland, please count how many times he does something impressive. And then weigh it up against how often he passes to a team mate putting them in trouble (typical Ryan Jack trait), how often he loses the ball and how often he'll pass a ball slowly to a players feet or behind them instead of in front of them.

If you can't see how good a player macgregor is, that's astounding

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Genuinely, are you sure you're watching the right player?  Passing in a player in motion is one of his strongest traits FFS.

Shinnie's strength is in his ability to give 100% every game. Covers more ground than anyone else and is better in your team than not. His commitment will be inspirational to his team mates. His flaws are his weakness to release the ball early because he runs with his head down and either draws a foul or gets caught in possession. Everything considered, I'm so glad we have him.

3 hours ago, minijc said:

Because they are far outweighed by the sensational matches. 

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He’s definitely had plenty ‘shockers’ over the years but on the whole he’s been good & sometimes great far more than ‘shocking’ 

In a decent Aberdeen side he is very much an asset but in a mediocre side he’s often pretty meh as a result.

The ‘one of our own’ thing definitely riles you. Probably more so than anything else 🤣 & as a result he has to play at least 8/9 out of 10 most weeks just to get you to ‘grudgingly’ say ‘he was ok’ 🤣

Shinnie is a decent player for us in the main.

I really don’t think folk judge him more generously because of the ‘one of our own’ 🤣 as that was basically started as a joke really but I do think the ‘one of our own’ winds you up enough to make you more critical of him than deserved for sure.

That's not true, I think he plays ok quite a bit but lots of folk on here, at games and on twitter see that as him being outstanding.

20 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Because they are far outweighed by the sensational matches

Come on now.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

That's not true, I think he plays ok quite a bit but lots of folk on here, at games and on twitter see that as him being outstanding.

Come on now.

Been a long time since we’ve had any kind of ‘outstanding’ central mids (especially consistently) so the bar has very much been lowered.

Most folk are delighted to have a consistently ‘average’ performer in middle. See ………Ramadani 😉

6 hours ago, minijc said:

Good for the fans to have someone they relate to. 

4 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Agree to disagree. Next Scotland game just count how many times he holds up play with poor passing

Next Scotland game is Spain away, so I'd imagine he won't have much chance to give use the ball poorly, on account of us not having the ball. He'll spend most of the game a few yards outside the 18 yard box, chasing shadows, like the rest of the midfield.

I've got a good feeling about that game though.

1 hour ago, Ramandu said:

Next Scotland game is Spain away, so I'd imagine he won't have much chance to give use the ball poorly, on account of us not having the ball. He'll spend most of the game a few yards outside the 18 yard box, chasing shadows, like the rest of the midfield.

I've got a good feeling about that game though.

Haha sounds it 🤣