The Most Excellent Cities In The World

alscotoz

Square sausage and an egg in a floury bap is a sight to behold.

I actually prefer a lorne and egg to a link and egg.

Don't worry about egg yolk in the beard cheesepipes. It's a sign of being a proper gent and if i saw you with egg yolk glistening in your magnificent beard i wouldn't mock you I'd simply give you a nod of approval.

Tying all of the above together, Kennedy Thomson who used to be on Grampian TV came to my Media Studies class at Grammar to give us a talk about his time presenting on the local TV. Told us a story about eating an egg and sausage roll, then having to rush back to the studio for an emergency news bulletin with egg yolk on his chin.....proper old bent gent

Tying all of the above together, Kennedy Thomson who used to be on Grampian TV came to my Media Studies class at Grammar to give us a talk about his time presenting on the local TV. Told us a story about eating an egg and sausage roll, then having to rush back to the studio for an emergency news bulletin with egg yolk on his chin.....proper old bent gent

Makes a change from spunk dripping off of old Kennedy's chin.

• Upvote 1

I don't include the sausage n egg option cause egg yolk and magnificent beard don't mix well in public areas.

Misread that second last word on first reading, wondered how that would come in to the equation at the airport...

Great thread, so many tangents when reading in its entirety. On the main topic, can't think of any city that I've been to that I'd never return to.

When I saw that you had commented I 100% knew you would be recommending Rome!

:laughing:

I don't know it as well as I do those other places, but it is a magnificent place.

And not just for the Church / Vatican, I love their history of the City State too, Imperial Rome and all that jazz.

Pretty fine place to dine at a street side table, quaffing wine, especially in trastevere.

Can see why someone wouldn't like Venice. It's definitely a place that's pretty much solely for tourists nowadays. To me though, it's magical. Utterly unique. Definitely not somewhere you'd keep returning to but walking around the quiet back streets of Cannaregio of an evening and jumping in to a wee chicetti bar or a Jewish restaurant, away from the tourists is a great way to spend an evening.

I guess we'll always judge places by the experiences WE have there and the few days I spent in Venice with my Mrs the first time I went, were some of the best I've ever had.

Agree with your Venice description. Very busy & touristy but still enchanting and definitely worth seeing.

Love seeing the 4 Horses (triumphal quadriga) at St Marks Basillica.

:laughing:

I don't know it as well as I do those other places, but it is a magnificent place.

And not just for the Church / Vatican, I love their history of the City State too, Imperial Rome and all that jazz.

Pretty fine place to dine at a street side table, quaffing wine, especially in trastevere.

agreed amazing place.

Has everything.

Lol, aye.

Tenents Super

That's not so outlandish. Our honeymoon was in italy and the first stop was in sorrento. I marvelled to see how, in the fridges of their stylish cafes and delis, you would find little bottles of tennents super along with italian and other european premium lagers.

Maybe the jakeys in scotland are onto something and they are projecting a "shabby chic" image.

• 2 months later...