The Most Excellent Cities In The World

alscotoz

I'm biased but Melbourne is easily the best city in Oz.

I would agree. I much prefer it over Sydney... but I think if I were a tourist, coming over from the UK, i'd probably prefer to visit Sydney.  Better weather, aesthetically stunning, with incredible beaches. 

Melbourne is more like a European city.  A bit of a concrete jungle in fairness.  However, it's probably the least Australian city in Australia... if that makes sense.  Shit weather, no beaches (St. Kilda beach - LOL) and plenty of culture.  A Mecca for sports fans too... with amazing facilities.  A few years ago, I attended the womens quarter final of the Australian Open, the walked 5 mins up the road to watch Victory vs City in the A-League, then finished the day with another 5 minute walk to the MCG, where I watched the Big Bash cricket.

I would agree. I much prefer it over Sydney... but I think if I were a tourist, coming over from the UK, i'd probably prefer to visit Sydney. Better weather, aesthetically stunning, with incredible beaches.

Melbourne is more like a European city. A bit of a concrete jungle in fairness. However, it's probably the least Australian city in Australia... if that makes sense. Shit weather, no beaches (St. Kilda beach - LOL) and plenty of culture. A Mecca for sports fans too... with amazing facilities. A few years ago, I attended the womens quarter final of the Australian Open, the walked 5 mins up the road to watch Victory vs City in the A-League, then finished the day with another 5 minute walk to the MCG, where I watch the Big Bash cricket.

You sound a boring cunt.

I would agree. I much prefer it over Sydney... but I think if I were a tourist, coming over from the UK, i'd probably prefer to visit Sydney. Better weather, aesthetically stunning, with incredible beaches.

Melbourne is more like a European city. A bit of a concrete jungle in fairness. However, it's probably the least Australian city in Australia... if that makes sense. Shit weather, no beaches (St. Kilda beach - LOL) and plenty of culture. A Mecca for sports fans too... with amazing facilities. A few years ago, I attended the womens quarter final of the Australian Open, the walked 5 mins up the road to watch Victory vs City in the A-League, then finished the day with another 5 minute walk to the MCG, where I watched the Big Bash cricket.

Tennis and cricket in the same day?

www.samaritans.org

Props to the iceland shout out, but New Orleans? Yikes

Totally snubbed Latin America. I'm taking my wife around the states for vacation this winter since she's originally from overseas. But next time it's a big family trip across the pond. My great great grandfather immigrated from northern England. I plan to catch Aberdeen in action too.

Props to the iceland shout out, but New Orleans? Yikes

Totally snubbed Latin America. I'm taking my wife around the states for vacation this winter since she's originally from overseas. But next time it's a big family trip across the pond. My great great grandfather immigrated from northern England. I plan to catch Aberdeen in action too.

Give 360 a shout when you're there ;)

• Upvote 1