Lewis Ferguson

Whether there's anything in the Napoli rumours or not, it certainly seems like other teams are taking notice of him, and understandably so given his goal return in his first season in Italy. 7 goals and 1 assist in 27 starts is good going from midfield.

Fees in Italy obviously aren't as mental as the EPL where Mason Mount is going for £55m, Declan Rice £105m. Absolutely mental. Is Mount worth 4 times more than Ferguson? Is Rice worth 9 times more? Stick Ferguson into the Man U or Arsenal team and he'd likely do just as well as either - he seems to be able to step up. Having said that, the Italian game possibly suits him better than the EPL would.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
7 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Whether there's anything in the Napoli rumours or not, it certainly seems like other teams are taking notice of him, and understandably so given his goal return in his first season in Italy. 7 goals and 1 assist in 27 starts is good going from midfield.

Fees in Italy obviously aren't as mental as the EPL where Mason Mount is going for £55m, Declan Rice £105m. Absolutely mental. Is Mount worth 4 times more than Ferguson? Is Rice worth 9 times more? Stick Ferguson into the Man U or Arsenal team and he'd likely do just as well as either - he seems to be able to step up. Having said that, the Italian game possibly suits him better than the EPL would.

Rice and Mount are English and there’s some rule in the EPL about English players that means any decent ones will go for big money. All artificially inflated fees as usual.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Why? Most clubs can't knock back a big bid for a player. 

If the bid was big enough for miovski or duk I'd have to agree with above. We had Ferguson for a bit, but I dont feel the deal was fair and the club was bargaining from a position of weekness.

While I'd like good players to stay with the team a bit, if the right offer comes along you take it.

I tell yous - all this terrific Dons-related wondrousness; Dad's making it a fucking necessity to get to as many fucking games as one can manage this fucking season 🙌 

And afore yous try and read between some lines; there's plenty scope I'll be at most of the fucking bastards - see yous there brothers, sisters, brother/sisters, brothers who were sisters, sisters who were brothers and any fucking other hombre no yet mentioned 🙌😭😭😭🙌🙌🥳🥳😭 

Off the fucking page 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
46 minutes ago, Dad said:

I tell yous - all this terrific Dons-related wondrousness; Dad's making it a fucking necessity to get to as many fucking games as one can manage this fucking season 🙌 

And afore yous try and read between some lines; there's plenty scope I'll be at most of the fucking bastards - see yous there brothers, sisters, brother/sisters, brothers who were sisters, sisters who were brothers and any fucking other hombre no yet mentioned 🙌😭😭😭🙌🙌🥳🥳😭 

Off the fucking page 

Have you been drinking tonight?

2 hours ago, PondHopper said:

If the bid was big enough for miovski or duk I'd have to agree with above. We had Ferguson for a bit, but I dont feel the deal was fair and the club was bargaining from a position of weekness.

While I'd like good players to stay with the team a bit, if the right offer comes along you take it.

Or you take the Jim McLean approach! Get every cunt on a 20 year contract, tell any potential suitors for your players to fuck off and threaten to kill any player that things leaving is an option.

proper mannies approach to transfers back in the day. If Messi had signed for the Arabs as a youth, under the JM regime the poor loon would still be there today! 

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Or you take the Jim McLean approach! Get every cunt on a 20 year contract, tell any potential suitors for your players to fuck off and threaten to kill any player that things leaving is an option.

proper mannies approach to transfers back in the day. If Messi had signed for the Arabs as a youth, under the JM regime the poor loon would still be there today! 

Aye, I’m still nae entirely sure that was legal. You’d definetly be fucked for that nowadays an infringement of human rights or some shite.

14 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

There was something in the news recently about Chelsea giving players 8 year contracts, so that the club could spread the transfer fee over a longer period, and dodge financial fair play rules. Uefa introduced a new rule saying that fees can't be spread over more than five years, but you can have as long a contract as you want.

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Aye, I’m still nae entirely sure that was legal. You’d definetly be fucked for that nowadays an infringement of human rights or some shite.

Unless coercion and deception is involved min, it is nigh impossible to prove that anything prior to the contract being agreed and, thereafter, signed, was amiss and had an adverse effect on a person's ability to sign the contract freely.

The basic principles of contract law of offer and acceptance would apply here, and upon the latter staged being passed and validated, bona fide. it would be incredibly hard to revoke and, therefore, annul the contract unless there were exceptional circumstances.

Human Rights legislation wouldn't come into it.

16 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Unless coercion and deception is involved min, it is nigh impossible to prove that anything prior to the contract being agreed and, thereafter, signed, was amiss and had an adverse effect on a person's ability to sign the contract freely.

The basic principles of contract law of offer and acceptance would apply here, and upon the latter staged being passed and validated, bona fide. it would be incredibly hard to revoke and, therefore, annul the contract unless there were exceptional circumstances.

Human Rights legislation wouldn't come into it.

Fucking hell, here's the Hat's very own Saul Goodman.

• Haha 3