Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

6 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

Defensive mistake for the second goal, pissing about along the back line, lost the ball on the Locos press.

Impressed with our Number 3, Brendon Hamilton composed, good control and strong, looks decent 

Yeah, he’s the one player I’d say looked decent. The left winger number 7 had a bit about him too.

As I said, Ryan Duncan was very disappointing. Hiding at times. 

1 minute ago, Andy_123 said:

Is that the Paul Coutts I’m thinking of for Locos? Must be a fair age now?

Aye. Played 20+ games at League 1 in England last season. Judging by tonight and the state our defence is in, he’d probably get a game for us. 

10 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Someone more clued up on the youth team will know, Locos number 9 Meres…he used to be at Aberdeen did he? He looked a good player. 

I could be mistaken but don’t think he was ever at afc

23 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Aye. Played 20+ games at League 1 in England last season. Judging by tonight and the state our defence is in, he’d probably get a game for us. 

Does the story not go that he got some injury and awaiting an insurance payout but in meantime wasnt allowed to play profesionally so ticking it over at Locos? I’ve no idea as I never followed his career but thats what I was told.

I watched Turra beat Locos 4-1 back in December and thought Locos were shite so surprised Dons lost tonight.

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Someone more clued up on the youth team will know, Locos number 9 Meres…he used to be at Aberdeen did he? He looked a good player. 

He was part of Dundee youth set up and then Cove

8 hours ago, RUL said:

That’s an awful result. Locos are poor 

They’ve improved massively the second half of the season but aye we should still be beating them. Poor stuff. 

8 hours ago, brunstanesheep said:

Does the story not go that he got some injury and awaiting an insurance payout but in meantime wasnt allowed to play profesionally so ticking it over at Locos? I’ve no idea as I never followed his career but thats what I was told.

His Mrs is from Inverurie so they decided they fancied moving back. Think he had plenty of offers from down south & Scottish Championship etc but decided to call it a day & go HL.

38 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Wasn’t at all impressed with the keeper either. Funnily enough his kicking reminded me of Roos.

He’s really poor. There’s one in youth sides showing promise but been a while since any string keepers came through.

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Seen a few have worked with him and he has a good reputation.

Yeah, he's an excellent coach, improved quite a few players who have came to him.

2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Their recent performances aren’t the best endorsement of his methods. Must have something about him though, 10th in a league of 18 👊🏼

I think they only train with him before pre season then when there are international breaks.

3 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Their recent performances aren’t the best endorsement of his methods. Must have something about him though, 10th in a league of 18 👊🏼

He’s only been there 5 months so time will tell.

33 minutes ago, RUL said:

He’s really poor. There’s one in youth sides showing promise but been a while since any string keepers came through.

I always thought Blessing Oluyemi was highly thought of coming through & was surprised he was let go. Then I watched him play for Locos this season. Easily one of the worst goalkeepers I’ve seen even at HL level.

7 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

I always thought Blessing Oluyemi was highly thought of coming through & was surprised he was let go. Then I watched him play for Locos this season. Easily one of the worst goalkeepers I’ve seen even at HL level.

Yeah. Thing is he was huge so at his own age group he stood out as imposing but as soon as boys got older he was miles off it. Once watched him in a warm up and he never saved one shot. 

1 hour ago, pittodriepie83 said:

Also looked a lazy bastard from what I seen in his warm ups/half time last night.

• Like 1