Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

1 hour ago, RUL said:

Yeah. Thing is he was huge so at his own age group he stood out as imposing but as soon as boys got older he was miles off it. Once watched him in a warm up and he never saved one shot. 

There was one game earlier this season where the locos gaffer was shouting at one of the centre halves to take his goal kicks for him, that’s how bad his kicking is. Definitely seems he’s only got this far on his stature.

On 3/6/2024 at 10:36 PM, DelMonte said:

Someone more clued up on the youth team will know, Locos number 9 Meres…he used to be at Aberdeen did he? He looked a good player. 

On 3/6/2024 at 10:47 PM, RUL said:

I could be mistaken but don’t think he was ever at afc

On 3/6/2024 at 11:56 PM, RDS said:

He was part of Dundee youth set up and then Cove

Nathan Meres came through the aberdeen system. Was in the performance school with Dean Campbell. Got released at 16 and went to Dundee full time.

• Upvote 2

6-1.

Wilson(2), Marshall, Boyd, Bavidge & Stewart.

Team

Aberdeen | 1 Rodrigo Vitols, 6 Kai Watson, 3 Dylan Ross, 11 Findlay Marshall, 2 Ellis Clark,8 Alfie Stewart (C), 7 Cammy Wilson, 14 Timothy Akindileni, 10 Fletcher Boyd, 19 Fraser Mackie,9 Alfie Bavidge

Substitutes: 20 Theo Simpson (GK), 17 Oliver Green, 15 Cooper Masson, 16 Jospeh Teasdale, 18 Tristan Stephen, 12 Christovie Kondolo

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, RDS said:

3-1 win for U18s at Cormack against Dundee Utd with Alfie Stewart getting a first half hat-trick 

Anyone who sees the development team think Alfie Stewart could be part of the first team squad next season?

Centre mid? 
Is he a replace for Barron? 
Different kind of player? 
Too soon? 

Seems to grab the headlines from the little I pay attention to the development squad.

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Anyone who sees the development team think Alfie Stewart could be part of the first team squad next season?

Centre mid? 
Is he a replace for Barron? 
Different kind of player? 
Too soon? 

Seems to grab the headlines from the little I pay attention to the development squad.

I’d say no chance from what I’ve seen. You have to remember he’s now an 18 year old playing u18 football. 

Two goals for Bavidge against Edinburgh City today, one of which was a pen.  That's 9 goals and 2 assists for the season.  Hopefully he's benefiting from the loan and continues to develop. 

Marshall was in the City team.  Must be tough playing in a team that have only gathered 5 points all season and are expected to lose every week.  That's the kind of gig people refer to as character building.  

Anyone know if the club are happy with their progress and likelihood of getting near the first team next season or if they need another season loaned out, maybe at Championship level?