Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

10 minutes ago, RUL said:

Yeah, both still there. Fraser is now on the wing as they appear to play 4231 or 433.

I think the recruitment is pretty strong now. Hopefully we aren’t missing out on the next Armstrong or shinnie. 

This thread is one of the few heartening topics on this forum.  Great reading about our youth teams dealing out spankings to the ugly sisters.... it does seem like we're on the right track!  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RUL said:

I think that’s a fair point. It’s unrealistic to expect 4 or 5 to come through. If we can bring through one player a season it’s a success for me. 

having said that I believe the u16s are top of their league. How many Aberdeen youth teams have put 5 past rangers and then scored 6 in Glasgow against Celtic the week after? Be interesting to see what becomes of this group.

u15s are playing Liverpool in a semi final tomorrow. They’ve a centre half who looks outstanding, Lewis Carroll I think. 

This has to be celebrated! Belief in the group that they can turn these two over, and in Glasgow, is exactly what we need coming through. 

U16s are. Him and Considine I think.

Not sure about 15s, might be Fraser Fyvie or maybe he’s U14s? Maybe Duffer does both age groups?

Is there an U17s team, or is it straight to U18s? Just wandering if Alfie Bavidge and Alfie Stewart are playing for the U16s just now, if the 18s league season is over?

54 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

U16s are. Him and Considine I think.

Not sure about 15s, might be Fraser Fyvie or maybe he’s U14s? Maybe Duffer does both age groups?

Is there an U17s team, or is it straight to U18s? Just wandering if Alfie Bavidge and Alfie Stewart are playing for the U16s just now, if the 18s league season is over?

No u17s. They are presumably resting for next season. 

• 3 weeks later...

Aberdeen B have been drawn to play Brora Rangers, away from home, in the 1st Round of the SPFL Trust Trophy. The game will be played on 9/10 August.

The sides also met at the same stage of the competition last season with the young Dons winning 1-0 thanks to Michael Ruth’s second half goal.

The winner of that match will play Hearts B or Buckie Thistle in the 2nd Round.