Reserve & Youth Teams Thread

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

A host of English premiership sides have joined Everton in tracking Lewis Pirie it appears; Wolves and Brighton the latest to declare interests. Can sign a pro contract from Jan 1st.

Ahh well that'll be him away in a few weeks time then.

Surprised nobody has taken similar notice of Bavidge considering he's a total goal machine.

8 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Ahh well that'll be him away in a few weeks time then.

Surprised nobody has taken similar notice of Bavidge considering he's a total goal machine.

Aye but Bavidge is signed to AFC for the next few years, Pirie isn’t signed to anybody yet, due to his age 

I’d be looking to send Bavidge out on loan for the 2nd half of the season with a view to him joining the 1st team next season

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye but Bavidge is signed to AFC for the next few years, Pirie isn’t signed to anybody yet, due to his age 

I’d be looking to send Bavidge out on loan for the 2nd half of the season with a view to him joining the 1st team next season

Think Bavidge is already training with the first team already, be shocked if he doesnt get a gig at a League 2 or HL team in the janaury

Pirie probably off although Goodwin did say he would hope to integrate him into training in the New Year

20 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Chances of Bavidge joining the first team squad from January if Ramirez is moved on?

7 minutes ago, Russell said:

Is there a coaching link or anything at Wolves? Terry Taylor was gie young when he went there

Didn't work out too well for him. Think he made one appearance in the EFL cup for Wolves but last I heard he'd been punted off to Burton Albion on a free nearly 2 years back

On 11/27/2022 at 7:09 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

We need to offer him a pro contract I guess to try keep him

He’s been offered one. Goodwin has gone out of his way to make it clear he’s rated at Aberdeen. Hope he stays but worth remembering Aberdeen told him he wasn’t good enough for Aberdeen repeatedly. Went to Dundee and he’s proved Aberdeen wrong. He’s outstanding in my opinion. As long as he doesn’t go to old firm I don’t blame him whatever he decides. 

3 hours ago, RUL said:

He’s been offered one. Goodwin has gone out of his way to make it clear he’s rated at Aberdeen. Hope he stays but worth remembering Aberdeen told him he wasn’t good enough for Aberdeen repeatedly. Went to Dundee and he’s proved Aberdeen wrong. He’s outstanding in my opinion. As long as he doesn’t go to old firm I don’t blame him whatever he decides. 

He's from a good family, won't go near the filth.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, RUL said:

You'd hope that a young lad that age would maybe rather stay at home with his family and friends for another couple years at least, rather than heading off to live on his own in a new area down south. Hopefully he signs a contract with us and then gets an opportunity over the next year or two in the first team and we at least get to see something of him. The big move would still be there for him in a couple years surely if that's his ultimate aim.

On 11/26/2022 at 7:53 PM, sooth_stander said:

Bavidge isn’t, he’s contracted till the summer, probs would’ve signed a new one by now if he was gonna stay ala Barron and this other young boy Pirie 

26 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Aberdeen youngsters aren’t interested in staying in Aberdeen and getting 100 appearances under their belt anymore. It’s all about the glamour moves down south or to the ugly sisters.

When you look at the lack of game time for Ryan Duncan, you can understand why, especially when rubbish like Morris gets on the park before him.

Cormack and his stradagee of buying low and selling high seems to have had a detrimental affect on our youngsters. Counter productive, Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

When you look at the lack of game time for Ryan Duncan, you can understand why, especially when rubbish like Morris gets on the park before him.

Cormack and his stradagee of buying low and selling high seems to have had a detrimental affect on our youngsters. Counter productive, Dave

We must have some pretty dreadful reserves in RB/RWB area if Morris is keeping them out

• Dildo 1